Translation

Virin

หัวใจที่อ่อนล้าจากการเจ็บไข้ที่รุมเร้าและความทุกข์ระทมที่ผ่านมาทั้งปวง ได้หลุดพ้นเป็นอิสระ ล่องลอย เหือดหาย ประหนึ่งดังสายน้ำที่กำลังแห้งขอด

How can we translate this Thai line to beautiful English that describes the time this person is dying? Thanks kha :o .

หัวใจที่อ่อนล้าจากการเจ็บไข้ที่รุมเร้าและความทุกข์ระทมที่ผ่านมาทั้งปวง ได้หลุดพ้นเป็นอิสระ ล่องลอย เหือดหาย ประหนึ่งดังสายน้ำที่กำลังแห้งขอด

How can we translate this Thai line to beautiful English that describes the time this person is dying? Thanks kha :o .

hi virin,

i don't guarantee 'beautiful English', but i will offer a loose translation and perhaps others can make it more poetic.

The heart, weary of illness and earthly sufferering, breaks free of it all. It floats away, it vanishes - like the water of a once-great stream, now run dry.

ps. 'earthly' and 'once-great' are my additions.

pps. this type of language is hard to punctuate!

all the best.

On second thought, perhaps 'the spirit' would be better for หัวใจ in this case.

Great translation. This type of translation is extremely difficult even for native speaks of both languages. Sometimes I have to explain to my students that you can not translate everything literally. That is why machines don't make good translators.

Ski....

aanon

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help :D .

Ski_Goong, yes....extremely difficult :o .

virin,

you're most welcome. if it's not too personal, i'm interested to know where the original thai sentence came from, and why you're doing a translation.

thanks ski_goong for the comments. yes, i think human translators are safe from the machines - at least for a while!

all the best.

aanon, another great translation once again :o I think I need to take lessons from you!

virin, I wish the best for whoever that sentence is about, in this life and the next.. :D

P.S. for the translation, would like to suggest "soul" for "หัวใจ"

Edited by siamesekitty

aanon, siamesekitty

This Thai line is from my writing :o , and my farang friend wants to understand and get the sense of it.

In that case, I'd agree that "soul" may be better for the average farang to understand.

Nice writing, by the way, Khun Virin.

aanon, siamesekitty

This Thai line is from my writing :o , and my farang friend wants to understand and get the sense of it.

In that case, I'd agree that "soul" may be better for the average farang to understand.

Nice writing, by the way, Khun Virin.

yes, nice line virin. i really like the picture you've painted.

siamesekitty, i agree, 'soul' is good.

all the best.