40k Per Month Per Family

Hello all,

Is this a viable solution?

Married to a Thai,have non o visa at the moment.Have my wife set up a car rental company and pay 40000k per month for the rental of her car,pay the tax .

Would a non o yearly extention be obtainable?

On a recent visit to savanakhet consulate the chap says i may not be able to get another Visa and need to get extention.Have funds in the bank but cannot show an income that the UK Embassy can sign off on .

Any suggestions welcome.....

I was thinking about this one myself, we are planning to get married in a few months, and I have about 6 left on my visa.

If I were to set up a monthly transfer from my UK bank Acct to my Thai acct of 40k, would this be acceptable as an 'income', I am guessing not, but maybe worth a try?

I was thinking about this one myself, we are planning to get married in a few months, and I have about 6 left on my visa.

If I were to set up a monthly transfer from my UK bank Acct to my Thai acct of 40k, would this be acceptable as an 'income', I am guessing not, but maybe worth a try?

Thats all I did for a couple of years and was enough to qualify for my 12 month extension each time. No problems

You have to ask your Embassy what they accept for proof. There is no set rule. Worldwide income brought into Thailand in the year earned is generally taxable (even if normally overlooked). It will be up to the office involved as to what requirements/proof they accept.

Just to confirm from the first post.

For those who have a Thai wife and a Non-o,have the wife go to the local tax office ,pay the TAX(7%)2800baht on 40k(monthly),Get receipts.

When Non-o comes near expiry take the Tax receipts,marrige certs,2xphotos,house book,wifes ID card,passport and visa extention fee and we receive the 1Year Visa...have i missed anything?..cheers

They may want other photo (together or marriage) and they may ask for a bank account and bank letter of account balance. Passport/copies, arrival card/copy. It is not a visa - it is an extension of stay only - if you want to travel you will have to obtain re-entry permits first to keep the extension of stay alive.

Thanks for that Lopburi3,so one may need to show 400,000+ baht in the bank account and some together photos ,and extention complete?

New family extensions of stay require proof of 40k family income - that is the requirement. They may also want to see an account book and bank letter as that was an item always required when using deposit method and helps to prove the relationship (normal living deposits/withdrawals). There would not be any need of having 400k in the account (unless you were grandfathered and using that extension of stay method).

Me too are thinking about making extension based on marriage .

Lately we went to immigr to make extension for my mom(retirement) , which they gave .

The officer told my wife he only needs the 40k income prove (tax) marriage

certificates etc . He was surprised when he found out I do not stay on extension , saying it is not difficult

to obtain , my wife telling him we do not have much money in the bank , because

we inject that in our business , which is running well but just open a year .

The thing is my wife and me combined only have 300k in our bank accounts (me 200k)

and do not depose all her profits in the bank account(only savings) , so my uncertainty is however

is while having prove of making 40k the month but not deposing all of that in bank account

is trustworthy enough ?

The senior officer sounded so easy , but we don't know if it will be enough ,

I wonder what some may think about this situation .

Maybe just try it at my last multiple O 90 day .

One more thing is I have to renew my current pasport before making extension or

new non O visa . I guess this will be no problem right ?

If you wife has the tax proof of 40k family income it should not be a problem to obtain the extension of stay and there is surly no requirement to have any large amount in the bank.

Go to your Embassy and make application for a new passport - when received you have the current permitted to stay stamp transferred. Should not be any problem.

For those who have a Thai wife and a Non-o,have the wife go to the local tax office ,pay the TAX(7%)2800baht on 40k(monthly),Get receipts.

When Non-o comes near expiry take the Tax receipts,marrige certs,2xphotos,house book,wifes ID card,passport and visa extention fee and we receive the 1Year Visa...have i missed anything?..cheers

Re: Extension based on marriage:-

If I have the letter confirming income verified by Britsh Consul

1.Can I transfer 120,000B from the uk (40,000B per mth) every 3 mths by depositing a cheque into my Thai Account?

2.Will I be required to pay Thai Tax on it?

3.Or just on the difference between her earnings (she's a teacher) and the total of 40,000B?

Thanks for any help..

If you wife has the tax proof of 40k family income it should not be a problem to obtain the extension of stay and there is surly no requirement to have any large amount in the bank.

Go to your Embassy and make application for a new passport - when received you have the current permitted to stay stamp transferred. Should not be any problem.

Thanks Lop , guess it saves me a trip back home this time . :o

1.Can I transfer 120,000B from the uk (40,000B per mth) every 3 mths by depositing a cheque into my Thai Account?

3.Or just on the difference between her earnings (she's a teacher) and the total of 40,000B?

Thanks for any help..

Start with 3 - all you need is the total 40k family income - so if she makes 15k and has tax proof of that you would need 25k as confirmed by Embassy letter.

1. You will need to ask local office as they seem to expect different things - from nothing to monthly it seems.

2. This will not likely become an issue; unless you make it one.

Thanks for any help..

Start with 3 - all you need is the total 40k family income - so if she makes 15k and has tax proof of that you would need 25k as confirmed by Embassy letter.

1. You will need to ask local office as they seem to expect different things - from nothing to monthly it seems.

2. This will not likely become an issue; unless you make it one.

Thanks