Making A Check-in On Behalf Of A Friend With Airasia

zink

Let's suppose that two persons travel together with a single AirAsia ticket. Can one person make check-in for both (the second person doesn't have checked baggage) without the other person being present?

When the gate usually closes for AirAsia flights? Is it 10 or 15 minutes before the departure?

Let's suppose that two persons travel together with a single AirAsia ticket. Can one person make check-in for both (the second person doesn't have checked baggage) without the other person being present?

When the gate usually closes for AirAsia flights? Is it 10 or 15 minutes before the departure?

By two people travelling on one ticket, I presume you mean you have paid for two persons both of whom were named at the time of booking and appear on the confirmation Email from AirAsia under the Booking Reference that you both will need to check in. As fa as I am aware (and it would be frightening otherwise from a security point of view) all passengers travelling on one booking have to be present in person at check-in. How else can they control who is actually flying. I don't think "I'm checking in mow for me and my friend who is arriving later" will wash.

And the gate closes 45 ninutes before departure but others who have arrived at the very last minute and there has been a queue for other flights have warned that you may be caught in that queue and your flight will go without you, so advisable to t6urn up at least an hour. 10-15 minutes would be impossible to ensure safe boarding etc.

You both need to be there, and present ID (passport or ID card for a Thai on an internal flight). They won't issue the boarding cards otherwise.

There is no way around it, for understandable reasons.

Thank you Yorkman. Very succinctly put! :o

By two people travelling on one ticket, I presume you mean you have paid for two persons both of whom were named at the time of booking and appear on the confirmation Email from AirAsia under the Booking Reference that you both will need to check in. As fa as I am aware (and it would be frightening otherwise from a security point of view) all passengers travelling on one booking have to be present in person at check-in. How else can they control who is actually flying. I don't think "I'm checking in mow for me and my friend who is arriving later" will wash.

And the gate closes 45 ninutes before departure but others who have arrived at the very last minute and there has been a queue for other flights have warned that you may be caught in that queue and your flight will go without you, so advisable to t6urn up at least an hour. 10-15 minutes would be impossible to ensure safe boarding etc.

Thanks for the info. With many airports/airlines a person DOESN'T have to be present at check-in desk since it's possibly to do check-in online or in a self-service booth. Airlines control who is flying by checking IDs on the gate. I guess Air Asia doesn't use this practice in BKK.

By "gate" I meant the actual gate that opens for boarding usually 30 minutes before departure. I know that a check-in closes 45 minutes before the departure but it's a different thing. Since there is no immigration, I would guess that one will make in time for boarding domestic flights even if one makes check-in only 45 minutes before the departure in BKK?

Thanks for the info. With many airports/airlines a person DOESN'T have to be present at check-in desk since it's possibly to do check-in online or in a self-service booth. Airlines control who is flying by checking IDs on the gate. I guess Air Asia doesn't use this practice in BKK.

By "gate" I meant the actual gate that opens for boarding usually 30 minutes before departure. I know that a check-in closes 45 minutes before the departure but it's a different thing. Since there is no immigration, I would guess that one will make in time for boarding domestic flights even if one makes check-in only 45 minutes before the departure in BKK?

If check-in closes at 45minutes before take off, and assuming you get through in the queue for other flights checking in, it's immaterial what time the "actual gate" closes as you will be in the departure lounge - or am I missing something? :o

they have that, but in Malaysia only, which is a bit more advanced in such technical things than Thailand ;-)