Koh Lone

seonai

Anybody know anything about Cruiser Island Resort on Koh Lone or about the new resort being built there - Taj Exotica Resort with 60 rooms & 19 villas - mentioned here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=165562

What's the island like? The resort? Anyone been? :o

Ssh! One of Phuket's best kept secrets. My family and I go regularly (over Christmas) to escape the crowds in Phuket.It reminds me of Phuket 20 years ago.

It's run by a gentle Aussie called Ray and his charming wife. The have comfortable villas, nice pool and gardens and a good restaurant at reasonable prices.

The beach is fine too and Ray offers all sorts of activities. Lunchtimes in high season can get busy as he has boats of Asian tourists unload for lunch.

Here is the website and no I am not affiliated in any way.

No, Lone island isn't Coral island.

Also, the place isn't called Lone island.

It's name is Ko Larn, the word Thai word for bald.

Go to Cruiser Island Resort.

Raymond and his wife are customers of mine, and they are really good people.

Also, I only hear good things from people who have stayed there. Can you report back on your experience if you go?

Enjoy !!!

The islanders themselves call it โหลน (Loone in southern dialect) or โล้น (Lone in normal Thai) and it could be translated to bald. Most maps of Phuket show it as Lone or Lon Island. It is like a 'lone'ly island where you can feel a'lone' as so few people, so I think the name is appropriate too.

ล้าน (Larn) translated also to bald or million is also the name of an island near Pattaya.

quote name='Sir Burr' date='2008-01-24 10:45:37' post='1779860']

No, Lone island isn't Coral island.

Also, the place isn't called Lone island.

It's name is Ko Larn, the word Thai word for bald.

I went there with my family a year or so ago. We had a good time. It was very relaxing and quiet and the owners are friendly. There was plenty of space for the kids to run around as the bungalows are set in a huge garden. There are two pools which was nice as the swimming in front of the resort wasn't great IMO. It has the same tidal beach as Rawai with a muddy, rocky bottom. When the tide is high it is alright but the water is not clear like it is on Coral Island.

Have fun!

Found out that Taj Resorts are definitly building there so it won't be quiet for long:( Big Indian company

bu@@er! :o All the more reason to go before it becomes spoiled. I remember Ray telling me he generates the only electricity on the island.

I wonder if that means they are laying a mains cable now under the new marina?