Trip In April Coming Up

Dazza72

Hi there great forum everyone,

I am due to back to pattaya for my fouth trip in april (what a place !!! paradise on earth) but haven’t been for a while so if anyone can help me out with some questions that would be great.

What the rate from the airport to pattaya ???, last time I paid 1800 baht and then I had to knock them down

Also any good discos that have opened if not what the best ones, Ive been to lucifers a couple of times, find it a bit crowded but its ok, tony’s I thought was good although the drinks are almost London prices, also with tonys I find the same girls in there night after night so but quite good atmosphere still….heard xcyte is supposed to be the best ???

In normally stay around soi 7 ( I think) it near the tops supermarket if anyone knows but any other good hotels that anyone can recommend, , I am going to be on my own for a couple of days before my mates join me so if anyone can help with the above then great

cheers

Hi Dazza,

I believe the agreed rate for a taxi-meter is 1,200 baht, if they won't do it for this then get another one - there are thousands of them queing there.

New disco at Bali Hi Pier - very far end of walking street, called Mixx. Its good - 2 rooms with different vibes. Another one opened near soi 6 as Slims, but has now changed to the Fashion Club. Both really nice venues, and both have the most expensive drinks in Pattaya (if not Thailand).

I used to stay around soi 7/8 when I was holidaying here a few years back, its a good base and there are umpteen hotels around there, Flipper, Sunshine, Sunbeam, Eastiny to name but a few, also lots of 'guesthouses' above the bars. I would recommend a hotel with a pool for your chillout days.

Sounds like you might be here for Songkran which has to be seen to be believed. Basically a 5 day civil war with water as the weapon of choice, great fun but be careful with phones/cameras etc as you WILL get very wet!

Enjoy :o

Hi Dazza,

I believe the agreed rate for a taxi-meter is 1,200 baht, if they won't do it for this then get another one - there are thousands of them queing there.

New disco at Bali Hi Pier - very far end of walking street, called Mixx. Its good - 2 rooms with different vibes. Another one opened near soi 6 as Slims, but has now changed to the Fashion Club. Both really nice venues, and both have the most expensive drinks in Pattaya (if not Thailand).

I used to stay around soi 7/8 when I was holidaying here a few years back, its a good base and there are umpteen hotels around there, Flipper, Sunshine, Sunbeam, Eastiny to name but a few, also lots of 'guesthouses' above the bars. I would recommend a hotel with a pool for your chillout days.

Sounds like you might be here for Songkran which has to be seen to be believed. Basically a 5 day civil war with water as the weapon of choice, great fun but be careful with phones/cameras etc as you WILL get very wet!

Enjoy :o

Correction.

7-8 Days of shear hel_l, just can not go anywhere without somebody throwing a bucket of water over you, can be very painfully if the ice has not melted.

OK if it is your first time, it will be fun but after a few days you will realize you just can not go anywhere without getting soaked.

BB

Yes it can be a very 'fun' day out but for the unprepared or unsuspecting boy are you in for a mega shock.

Probably at every corner you will find people throwing water at you and water that is very cold.

There are practical steps that need to be taken I would suggest the following:

1. wear a 'wet suit'

2. wear nothing

3. cover everything in plastic bags, mobile, money etc etc

4. Give the fckuers as good as you get

All the best

begs

Edited by begsaresponse