General Hindrances In Thailand

DJ Pat

This is all too familiar I hear you sigh and this not Thai bashing, just a bit of fun...

*Shuffling locals walking too slowly in front of you

*The person using the ATM before you doing lots of sodding bloody transfers and checking six different accounts, all with sod all in them

*7-11: The second cashier looking 'busy' entering data into the computer when they ought to be serving the long queue of customers building up

*The security man outside Panthip Plaza who won't let you cross the soi because he takes great pleasure in letting the traffic take priority because then he can blow his bloody whistle

*Children getting priority seats on public transport, Thais take this to extremes don't they?

*The crappy ticket machines on the new subway

*Why does every laundry have NO aircon, I'm drenched in sweat in seconds

*Taxi drivers that ask "Where you go" and eye you up and down before putting the meter on

*Bone idle schoolkids hindering the gangways of MBK at the weekends

*Tossers who don't switch off their phones in the movies

*Women who can't drive in the first place but are even worse with a mobile phone glued to their ear

*Sales staff who spring on you in Robinsons dept store Asoke almost giving you a heart attack

*Sales staff in Mangpong stores that approach you and hand you a DVD you wouldn't buy in a million years

*Buying contraceptives in Boots the Chemist and having a stunning girl serve you (new Boots store on Thong Lor soi 15 in new Villa complex)

*Gay Thai guys blatantly staring with no shame

*Guys who wanna look at a 'farang' sized cock at the urinal next to you

*Getting the "Hello welcome" treatment every time I walk past Asoke Plaza

ANY OTHERS?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because many of these guys are complete losers who couldn't attract a decent job or a decent woman in the countries of their birth.

True for most of you lot, but I'm of Thai parentage.

That should shut him up... Nice one DJ Pat.

Because many of these guys are complete losers who couldn't attract a decent job or a decent woman in the countries of their birth.

True for most of you lot, but I'm of Thai parentage.

I don't care who your parents are. Where were you raised and educated, and where did you get your peculiar world view?

Super slow transfer of title/deed red tape at just about every single Dept. of Land office in the entire country.

I used to complain about inconvenient banking hours... but now that all the major banks have sub branches open until 8pm... ALL GOOD. Thank you!

Other than that my only complaint is the high import tax on automobiles. It makes one a bit more hesitant about rollin' in the 5.0 (4.6 nowadays)

:o

I don't care who your parents are.  Where were you raised and educated, and where did you get your peculiar world view?

None of your damned business.

Ok then, London and Cambridge.

Say no more. You may look like a Thai, but you are 100% yob.

Handbags at dawn again :o

Why is he a yob?

I agree with the majority of his list.

Because he's just another whingeing farang (regardless of the color of his skin) who continually gripes because things here aren't the way they are back home.

It's a humourous jest actually, and I'm not comparing anything to back 'home' at all, where have I mentioned that?

Love the avatar Dave.

pvtdickhead, im sure u have the perfect life here in los, but where should pat consider home, here in thailand or the uk, i mean u have made the statement

""Because he's just another whingeing farang (regardless of the color of his skin) who continually gripes because things here aren't the way they are back home.""

so mr dick, where should pat consider home??

i and im sure a lot of us are waiting for ur enlightenment on this subject.

How about where he is more comfortable? Where people walk more quickly in the streets, laundries are air-conditioned, 7-11 cashiers are all PhD's, and the fags don't dare to look at you?

Besides, this guy isn't much of a Thai if he complains about guys at the urinal trying to take a peek at his "farang cock" and taxi drivers saying "where you go?". My guess is UK-born and raised, UK national, with at most one Thai parent. He obviously doesn't look much like a Thai if everyone is assuming he's a farang.

ahhh ur guess, yes ur guess, well as u stated it is just a wild guess on ur part.

as for "farang cock" would u admit to having a thai sized one???

i look like a farang but thais always speak to me in thai.

since when does a uk 7 11 cashier need more than the normal 13 years schooling, ahh i forgot, thai 7 11 cashiers are lucky if they made it out of primary school, now that i would hardly consider educated to a reasonable degree, but obviously to those of lower intellects and schooling its something to look upto, anyway, so wot factory line did u work on?

I think this was just meant as a light hearted post, sure a lot of falangs like complaining about things. It does'nt mean that they hate the country though.

Can anyone tell me that they live here and nothing pisses them off ever.

One thing worse than a winging falang, thats a falang wingeing about wingeing falangs

How about where he is more comfortable?  Where people walk more quickly in the streets, laundries are air-conditioned, 7-11 cashiers are all PhD's, and the fags don't dare to look at you?

I don't take anything I posted seriously, it's all light hearted stuff. You may need to lighten up as I detect bitterness in your tone.

Besides, this guy isn't much of a Thai if he complains about guys at the urinal trying to take a peek at his "farang cock" and taxi drivers saying "where you go?".  My guess is UK-born and raised, UK national, with at most one Thai parent.  He obviously doesn't look much like a Thai if everyone is assuming he's a farang.
That is a general thing that can annoy farangs sometimes, I'm talking not only for myself.

As for farang cock, I was blessed with one, luckily, and not a size from my Thai side.

People do indeed assume I'm Thai and some don't. Mostly, thais start speaking to me in Thai.

Going to the toilet in a Thai nightclub and being pounced upon by a dude insitant on doing his best to make me piss on my shoes.

That still gives me a shock!!

Being seen as a meal ticket can be annoying, Thai friends assume I'm gonna be the first to whip out my wallet when the bill comes..

And they wonder why I never go out with them.

Relatives of mine always call me saying "Take XXXX out" or "You should call XXX and meet up with them for dinner"

Blah blah blah

Most of you other guys need to learn to take a joke.

Thanks mate, it seems so.

Fully agree.

In a jovial sense, I'm always talking on a similar level to my girlfriend and the Thai staff I work with, with a "it doesn't really tick me off that much" smile on my face.

But one for me - going to them ticket-food places like Tops. One day getting a huge portion of what you've asked for, then the next day getting a tiny amount.

Edited by Insight