Beware Of Deplorable True Internet

absolutelyBangkok

Currently True Internet in Bangkok speeds for certain pages are deplorable.

Each evening I've to connect with my GPRS mobile phone - much faster than True and no more stalled loading pages.

Customer service of True knows about it but says they sold too many new subscriptions and don't have the bandwith. Yet.

They're earning more money and wouldn't even have the idea of taking care of their old customers. They have to wait for the far away day when we may get back some Internet reliability.

Bombard their customer service 02 900 98 98 with complaints, ask for discounts or more bandwith.

They'll just put your complaints into the drawer, but at least they get some heat.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m afraid this situation is just normal , if you look at the continuous

Daily postings from people who are so fed up with the poor quality

of the internet service , we have to remember here in Thailand

what you pay for and have been promised means absolutely nothing

Customer service is as bad as it could get , guarantees and assurances are

Just words to fob you off, pay your money and then they couldn't care less

sadly it's all true...............

what a sad state of affairs ....

VP

I really don't understand all your complaints against TRUE. I use TRUE for many years and the connection wasn't any problems, exept a few times if there problems with int. cables pp.

But I know on the other hand from working with my customers, that the most problems they had, if they was using TRUE, was hardware or setup problems which we had solved in most of the cases very fast.

The most bad systems we have to work with until today are from CS-Loxinfo and TOT.

And just in the moment for example I've a download connection from 2280 kbps and upload 447 kbps and that on TRUE 2560/512!

Cheers.

I really don't understand all your complaints against TRUE. I use TRUE for many years and the connection wasn't any problems, exept a few times if there problems with int. cables pp.
It's not the same for everyone, my friend has True and it is great, I live a few miles away and mine sucks.

Maybe when complaining or extolling you should let people know your location/nearest major landmark/area. I get the impression that some of the "pipelines" have been oversold while others have not. Hence the varying quality of service.

Cheers,

TheWalkingMan

That's exactly it. During the day I have no probs over here (Prakanong area) with True, all's fine - but in the evenings, when all the neigbors start surfing around, all goes dead.

Am connected via AIS GPRS now. True doesn't move an inch.

It's a complete overload of their local bandwith.

I have had True for about a year, I'm on Suk soi 27. FOr the most part it's been OK but 3 days ago I couldn't open certain web sites, found out from a friend I had to go into my browsers and cahnge the LAN settings because True had made changes, it worked, but I couldn't find a word about it on the True support site.

For the last 48+ hours the connection has been totally crap, I just ran the speed check on Trues own "Hi-speed Navigator" and got these astounding results:

DOWNLOAD SPEED: 57 KBPS

UPLOAD SPEED: 12 KBPS

Currently True Internet in Bangkok speeds for certain pages are deplorable.

Each evening I've to connect with my GPRS mobile phone - much faster than True and no more stalled loading pages.

Customer service of True knows about it but says they sold too many new subscriptions and don't have the bandwith. Yet.

They're earning more money and wouldn't even have the idea of taking care of their old customers. They have to wait for the far away day when we may get back some Internet reliability.

Bombard their customer service 02 900 98 98 with complaints, ask for discounts or more bandwith.

They'll just put your complaints into the drawer, but at least they get some heat.

The past few days True has Truly been consistently hyperslow here...

Except that one time the marine cable was cut by accident in Singapore, I have never experienced such a consistently slow connection as the past days.

Maybe I was lucky past year that my True connection worked 80% of the time within what I would call "borderline acceptable" limits (skype and VOIP voice conversations possible, surfing websites possible), however now the point has been reached that my adsl connection speed matches that of dialup internet. since nearly a week skype turns 'robotic' and even disconnects.

Attached is the thaivisa speedtest which obtained 52 kbps down and 25 kbps up.

post-11766-1201446792_thumb.jpg

52/25kbps might sound like a skype-proof speed but look at the not-so-constant bitrate (a bit of an understatement) in the DUmeter.

The few data coming trough (should I say coming True) comes with bursts

post-11766-1201447110_thumb.jpg

Area: Bangkoknoi

Connection: True 1024/512 (Line speed and attenuation are within acceptable limits)

post-11766-1201448591_thumb.jpg

Just like the word "Xerox" became a verb (to xerox), maybe True will become a verb as well:

"to True" = to ruin or impair severely

Trued, Trueing, a True

~ The car was Trued in an accident

~ Bad publicity might True your career

etc...

Edited by San_Belgium

I had to switch to ji-net. I had the 2mb SME package with true, paid 2,500 THB...in the day time My vonage VOIP did not work...I had true for 6 years finaly moved to a new place and got rid of them...ji-net on a true line, but had to go iwth 1MB packege 10/1 user ratio now I get 700 or 800 always on my speed test and VOIP works Great....tell true to go to hel_l, switch!!!

I noticed the same thing both at home and at our office. It's slow or can't even get a connection with overseas websites. Continuously disconnecting with servers when trying to download.

The problem is probably that they don't have enough international bandwith available for all the users they are supplying. I'm now looking into switching to something run by CAT internet, like hi-net, which I've seen work much faster and consistent.

I've had enough of True, it's utter crap and the only reason that they have clients is that they know how to do marketing where the others don't. I don't understand this country and the people, if a company offered this in Europe they'd be crucified by everyone.

Anybody have experience with Hi-net or Ji-net? I don't know if it's available everywhere, they don't seem to want more clients if you look for information it's all so minimal.

I’m afraid this situation is just normal

Not in my experience. I have had True Broadband in BKK for about 2 years now. The last few days have been by far the worst in that whole period (excluding the time when an earthquake severed the international lines a few months ago). Pretty much unusable.

I've actually just called them and claim that one of the CAT cables is broken and are now working at 50% of capacity or something. Not sure I believe them as this problem is not only from today.

Anyway, they have to buy bandwidth from CAT, therefore I'm quite confident that isp's directly associated with CAT are faster, plus they don't have as many clients. They make the signing up so difficult, I wouldn't even know where to start.

That for some people True works ok doesn't mean that it is. If you hardly use any capacity you probably don't notice how bad it is. If all you do is browse around a little, perhaps it will do. But still, often you can't even watch a youtube video. For online video hosted in Europe it's even worse, they don't steam at all and Skype is also pretty unstable. For me I do a lot more, so I really need the performance and stability.

I have had True for about a year, I'm on Suk soi 27. FOr the most part it's been OK but 3 days ago I couldn't open certain web sites, found out from a friend I had to go into my browsers and change the LAN settings because True had made changes, it worked, but I couldn't find a word about it on the True support site.

Be interested to know what settings you had to change, we will probably get the true email next year some time...

For the people who need a good connection, I can say one thing. Get a ToT and a True line get on both ADSL and by magic you have always a relative good connection....

ToT 1024/512 cost 590 Bht

True 1024/512 cost 599 Bht...

For the cost you not have leave it....

Yes in the last couple of days it was worse than ever before. They have sent me a guy who put a new fancy local line through my garden. 500 Baht for that but of course nothing changed hahaha. Whatever... if they won't fix it by the end of the week I will evaluate other options.

That's my speed about 5 min. ago

speed1.jpg

Well thats the localnet (thailand) speed test. I think most people here are using international web sites. Yeah my Thai web sites are coming up great! try a international speed test at about 8:00 pm and tell us what you get.

Greg

Today I needed almost over five minutes to load this webpage and subwebpages...

Tell you what: at this time from 8.00pm to approximately midnight, all school children and University students are at home and surf the Internet like crazy, .... think about how much bandwidth is in over-abusage, when everybody in this tiny little country wants to surf the f%&%in' Internet and play online games, do homework researches etc. or whatever until midnight???? And think about how small the bandwidth is in this country, as most of you already stated.....

... i don't need to explain everything else, do I????

It's sheer greed by True that brings those lines down.

They sold many more subscriptions than they have lines/bandwith for.

Called several people in my area (Prakanong). They all have the same problems around the evening hours.

Nothing works anymore.

Whereas True customer service - if it even deserves this name - fishes for excuses.

Don't fall for their lies. Simple truth is: They don't have the bandwith and didn't plan for more in time.

Disgraceful. But that's the way it remains if not more people are giving them more heat.

Like that cute lady who once demolished a Honda CR-V in front of a Honda garage.

Suddenly all her complaints were responded to.

Perhaps a hammer in a True office would yield some results.

By the way: It's after 9pm and again connected via AIS GPRS. True wouldn't move, the mobile phone connection is the only reliable option these days in the evening hours ...

I'm at my apartment now at Ratchathewi area and I've never browsed this fast on the internet before with my overpriced "2Mbit" True connection. It does the typical delay of contacting the other server through too many proxies, but after that most sites, not all, are really speedy. I'm guessing everybody else gave up today....

It's sheer greed by True that brings those lines down.

tit, we only want your money, after that we dont care

They sold many more subscriptions than they have lines/bandwith for.

i agree

Called several people in my area (Prakanong). They all have the same problems around the evening hours.

all over i would imagine

Nothing works anymore.

Whereas True customer service - if it even deserves this name - fishes for excuses.

theres a contradiction in terms, the old the line in taiwan is down, didnt they use that one before, that of course is after they tell you to switch off and log on again after 1 hour, in other words palm you off

Don't fall for their lies. Simple truth is: They don't have the bandwith and didn't plan for more in time.

Disgraceful. But that's the way it remains if not more people are giving them more heat.

to be honest, i dont think they even care, they are all show and no go, but then again when you live in the land of veneer what do you expect, its just face, dont scratch the surface

Like that cute lady who once demolished a Honda CR-V in front of a Honda garage.

Suddenly all her complaints were responded to.

Perhaps a hammer in a True office would yield some results.

By the way: It's after 9pm and again connected via AIS GPRS. True wouldn't move, the mobile phone connection is the only reliable option these days in the evening hours ...

i agree 100% with everything you said, in fact at the end of the month true can go and whistle dixie, i will be looking for alternatives, still expect the usual promises to get me to part with my money, the connection may not be any better, but at least i will feel better.

AS Much as I Hate True's Service.. and Believe me.. I do.. Not Just Internet, but I have Mobile Problems too.. Imagine Not being able to use your mobile from your Room... on the 14th Floor.. without any obstructing buildings ( I can see from Patanakhan to Biayoke Tower).. all the while looking down at the NEW TRUE Tower 2, right next door... Complaining for the last 3 Years with NO Action... I now have 2 DTAC Sims, but I hang on to the True one as a Spare (it still has money on it.. and I like the phone number... I got it when they first opened as "Orange" and I got to create the number myself.)

BUT.. As far as the BandWidth Question goes, it's not entirely True's fault.. Over selling is up to TRUE, but INTERNATIONAL Bandwidth.. for ALL ISP's... is controlled by CAT and there is just NOT enough of it.. Period. It effects all ISPs.

When True started their service I signed up for 2 MKbps... but I quickly realized that all I was getting was glorified Dial-Up.. the only Bonus was the Always-On connection and the ability to use the Direct line while I was on the Net. It took 3 PERSONAL trips to TRUE Tower on Ratchada to get them to change the Contract to Basic service... I refused to pay for the 2 Mkbps.. and after 3 years, I still don't trust them to provide more than Glorified Dial-Up.. and I won't until I see that the Thai Government has installed more International Pipes, or they open up the Market to true (as in "REAL") competition.

BTW... I'm starting a Marketing Program of my Own...

It's Not "TRUE" ... It's "FALSE"

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

All I can add with that TRUE Customer services were particularly unhelpful, until I contacted their MD. A change of tone and speedy resolution was reached.

Why waste your time with powerless bods in Customer Services/Contact? Their forte is languages, not action.

All I can add with that TRUE Customer services were particularly unhelpful, until I contacted their MD. A change of tone and speedy resolution was reached.

Why waste your time with powerless bods in Customer Services/Contact? Their forte is languages, not action.

Why don't you post His contact info so we can all get some resolution... Or some Pay-back ??? :o

What goes around... :D

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer