What Type Of Visa?

I would like some advise re my upcoming visa needs and hope the learned board members may offer some help.

My nationality is Australian,and I am 51 years of age and am presently not working.

I have been living in Phuket since April last year, I applied for a multiple entry type B non-immigrant visa from the embassy in Sydney about 2 months before leaving Australia, I had planned to look into small business options.

My current visa runs until 08/02 and having done 3 x 90 day visa runs, the last on 28/12, my passport shows "admit until 26/03/o8."

My questions are :

1) Is it possible for me to do a further visa run before 08/02 and therefore gain the "additional" 90 day extension on my current "B" visa, as I have heard sometimes it is upto the discretion of the immigration officer, whether it is granted????

2) Having gained the 90 days, do you think it would be viable for me to then extend or re-apply for a further 12 month "Multi B" and if so travel back to Sydney or another embassy/consulate?

3)Or, I have the required 800,000 baht thai bank account and the other requirements for the retirement visa - could I apply for this instead, again during the above 90 day "B" visa extension period? as I understand one needs to apply using this type of visa or additional fees are required to convert from a tourist visa etc. also would the 21 day prior to the "admit until" date further confuse the issue? again could this be done here or in KL, Penang or Singapore or would it make life easier by me applying back in Sydney on a quick trip home?

Hoping the above may be in Lopburi-3 and other member's realm of expertise.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

CANDA.

Yes, you exit Thailand any time before your current muti non imm B visa expires, and get another 90 days.

But I recommend you apply for a one year extension (from last entry date) BEFORE your current non imm visa expires. You qualify for a retirement extenion subject to over 50 years old and 800,000 baht in bank for last 3 months, or income of 65,000 baht/month.

1. As said, another border run and another 90 day stamp if done by the 8th.

2. See no need to continue making 90 day runs if you can keep money in account 3 months.

3. You do not say how long the money has been in account so you may need the extra 90 days. There is no 21 day requirement when you have a non immigrant visa - only for a change of visa. You do the process at immigration inside Thailand. You visit an immigration office during last 30 days of your permitted to stay until stamp with bank passbook/copies, bank letter of account balance (same balance as passbook), passport/copies, TM.6 arrival card/copies, TM.7 extension form with a current 4x6cm photo attached and pay 1,900 baht for a one year extension of stay for retirement.