Credit Card Requirement On Retirement Visa Abandoned

timekeeper

i have just renewed my retirement visa at Jomtien immigration and there is no longer a requirement to produce a copy of your Credit/Debit/Atm card. its probably been reported already somewhere but i thought i would let the forum know. it was a personally instrusive requirement anyway, i am pleased to see that someone saw sense.

Do you do your full money requirement (400/800K) in a Thai bank or did you present some other form of income?

Just something that I don't understand.

Why does a married guy have to show only 400k when he is supprting 2 people and single person needs 800k to support 1 person? Hmmm, must be Thai logic.

Edited by morejunk

Do you do your full money requirement (400/800K) in a Thai bank or did you present some other form of income?

Just something that I don't understand.

Why does a married guy have to show only 400k when he is supprting 2 people and single person needs 800k to support 1 person? Hmmm, must be Thai logic.

i do the 800k deposit, i am not married so i don't know about the other option but if its as you say, i agree it defys 'normal' logic

I am not convinced there ever was such a requirement. Perhaps they used it on some dodgy looking cases, and perhaps they still will.
i had it all ready for them, colour copied and info crossed out as advised by forum members, just in case they asked for them, i kept them inside my visa preperation envelope on purpose. so when they didn't ask to see it, and only at the end when i was sure it was over and it had been stamped & passed i asked them' do you need to see copies of credit card/ atm card? he said 'No, we stop last week' i said ok and i left it at that. make of that what you will...........

I have the understanding that the ATM/credit card requirement still exists and was only for people showing monthly income, not for full money deposited in a Thai bank. They did not require a Atm/credit card last month for my renewal with a full deposit.

I have the understanding that the ATM/credit card requirement still exists and was only for people showing monthly income, not for full money deposited in a Thai bank. They did not require a Atm/credit card last month for my renewal with a full deposit.
the credit card requirement does not exist for any category of visa now, i did a part pension/bank deposit retirement visa with a friend today and we did not offer nor was there was any request for a credit card copy. so once i was sure it was all done, just as i did yesterday, i asked the officer and was told 'no need' i said you need for any kind of visa?, he said no, i left it at that. so hopefully thats the end of another ill conceived requirement.................until next time

I've always presented my monthly pension income statement and copies of my Thai bank book and letter from the bank although I don't use my Thai bank deposit as part of the 800K requirement.  I've never had to provide any ATM

or Credit Card information ever.  I just renewed my Retirement Visa last month.