90 Day Address Reporting

Just made my first 90 day report in Nong Khai. I had downloaded the TM47 off this site and completed, printed out and signed. Also copied all my passport pages as advice on this site. (I guess this advice was only for mailing in submission as passport copies not wanted).

The officer would not accept my computer printed form, gave me Nong Khai form, (Same but with Nong Khai stamp on it), and asked me to complete.

As there was no queue I stayed cool, filled in the form. He just wanted that and my passport. He filled in the receipt slip, tore off and gave it back.

Did not wish to see my address in my Yellow Tabien Bahn. He also gave me another blank form to fill in for next time. I did not ask about mailing in.

So process very quick and easy, apart from the 160km drive to Nong Khai, but worth noting that this officer did not like the computer filled in form.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some time ago I missed my usual 90 day appointment, so while my visa/permit to stay is valid for many months to come, I am being a naughty boy. Will I just have to pay a fine when I leave Thailand at the airport? Or is this a black-listable offence? I guess I could visit the visa office and pay the fine (how much?) but then I might be a fool and forget the next appointment and have to pay the fine again. Can I just leave this and pay the one fine when I finally leave the country? Or am I letting myself in for a world of hurt at the airport with a flight to catch and possible delays with the visa officials, not being allowed back in to the country etc...?

If you have Microsoft Outlook, you can set a reminder or task and it will actually let you know the date and time of your next appointment. Good luck

You are required by law to report your address every 90 days. Currently people are being changed a fine of 2,000 baht for late reporting but law allows fine of 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day for every day late. Up to now it has been handled as a separate branch in most Immigration offices and that is why people are often not being told about it (it is clearly written out on your entry/departure card that everyone gets so you are expected to know). I am not sure how much longer this will remain a hit and miss affair as have seen them enter this information into computer data base so at some point I expect that it may be more closely checked.

Thanks lopburi3. I went every year to TorMor near Suan Lum in Bangkok. Will ask them when I apply for extension for another year.

Did you say they mention about address report in the TM.6 form?

It is on mine but seems they have removed the list of requirements from the new ticket size form - probably because they do not apply to most visitors (who will never be staying over 90 days).

You are required by law to report your address every 90 days. Currently people are being changed a fine of 2,000 baht for late reporting but law allows fine of 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day for every day late. Up to now it has been handled as a separate branch in most Immigration offices and that is why people are often not being told about it (it is clearly written out on your entry/departure card that everyone gets so you are expected to know). I am not sure how much longer this will remain a hit and miss affair as have seen them enter this information into computer data base so at some point I expect that it may be more closely checked.

Thanks lopburi3. I went every year to TorMor near Suan Lum in Bangkok. Will ask them when I apply for extension for another year.

It is on mine but seems they have removed the list of requirements from the new ticket size form - probably because they do not apply to most visitors (who will never be staying over 90 days).

I have 2 extra TM.6 forms here but they didn't say about these.

I just think again. Why do I bring troubles to myself? If no one has told me for these years and no one has questioned me every time I have my visa extended, I just pretend I don't know :o . I think the other poster is right. Those with Thai spouse don't need to report every 90 days unless they change their address.

90 day reporting has been part of the law for years. However, it has only recently, in the last couple of years, been more strictly enforced. Any alien, is required, to provide their address data to immigration if they remain within the Kingdom for more than 89 concurrent days, irrespective of visa type or status.

Regards

I just think again. Why do I bring troubles to myself? If no one has told me for these years and no one has questioned me every time I have my visa extended, I just pretend I don't know :o . I think the other poster is right. Those with Thai spouse don't need to report every 90 days unless they change their address.

Oh yes they do. Everyone here over 89 days has to report. As A.T said.

I'm not a 100% sure about this but i'm sure someone told me that the laws for women married to Thai men are different to men married to Thai women. In Thailand they see the woman always as the dependant, maybe that's why you are just given your extensions etc with no questions asked and have not been told to report every 90 days.