Arrow Jump

Kringle

The cursor arrow on my screen jumps at times when I go from one page to another or go from one section of a page to another and I can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it? I searched the the first 20 pages here and couldn't find anything. I also did a search here and get an error message. Been living with it for awhile but just tired of it. Thanks for any help, Kringle.

Have you done anything to try and resolve this problem before? If so what?

It could be a mouse driver problem, does it happen always or only when your browsing? (is it every site, or just Thaivisa?) It could be a Browser problem.

Steps i would try:

1. Check your PC for spyware, adware and malware. There have been a few posts about this kind of stuff before, personally i use "Spybot - Search & Destroy" - Works well for me.

2. Run a virus check on your PC, various free ones are available on the internet, but i presume youve got a a full version installed on your PC (or you _should_ have)

3. If that doesnt solve your problem, try reinstalling your mouse drivers (under control panel)

4. If you still havent fixed it, check for any updates on your web browser

Let me know how you get on, i'll try and help you get this annoying problem fixed.

Wolfie, This hapens on every site I go to. Haven't done anything yet to try and solve it but will check out what you suggest. Done a virus check with 0 showing so that seems OK. Will also check out the Spybot site and see what's up if anything. A floppy came with the mouse and will check that also. Thanks for the help, Kringle :o

Let me know how you get on with that, you can either PM me or post on this thread.

The mouse question:

Roller ball (traditional mouse) or Optical (modern)

Roller ball mice get dirty, if you have one of these try taking the ball out and check the rollers, they probably have a load of gunk on them, use something liek a matchstick to gently dislodge the crud and then get it all out, you will find that your mouse will perform much better after cleaning. Do this every 3-6mths.

Optical Mouse.

Just be aware that this mouse type uses reflected light to work out what your doing with it, if you use it on a shiny surface it might read the light reflection incorrectly and will give the impression your mouse is broken. I dont use a mouse mat for optical mice, i just use the plain desk surface. Some of these novelty mouse mats have a slight reflective sheen to them and will really screw up optical mice. If your not sure, get a A4 pad of paper and try using that as a mouse mat to see if that helps correct things.

If you had a floppy disk with the mouse theres a strong chance its a roller ball mouse.

Hope that helps.