I've Discovered The Ultimate Hamburger In Chiang Mai

damian5000

The Great CM Burger Poll  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And it comes from McDonalds and Burger King. This is only partially satire because it sounds like it is...But I'm being serious. I've tried Woody's..I've tried Mike's. These have got to be the saddest burgers I've EVER seen or eaten. I was looking forward to Woody's yesterday after reading a thread that had many people claiming they had the best burgers in Chiang Mai. The saddest crumbly little piece of meat that arrived at my table sunk my heart. Does it exist? A real hamburger that isn't going to weigh 2 oz's and crumbled all over the place and isn't going to cost me 200 baht? Burger King wins this one hands down so far.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody's burgers are way more than 2 oz, 1/3 of a pound in fact (150 grams). I believe Mikes burgers are the same size. Crumbly? Doh! I keep telling the girls to put more glue in them. Gotta put a stop to that dreaded crumbling. :D:D:o

Seriously, letting your burger 'rest' for a minute or two after it has been cooked and before you eat it will reduce 'crumbling' a lot (and it tastes better too, when it is not so hot it is scalding your mouth). :D

I'm not sure about being the best, but they certainly are the most consistant and, despite current fashion, I like one every once in a while.

IMHO, Burger King uses much better beef in Western countries, and I prefer it McDonalds. Here, McDonalds covers the lousy beef with a nice sauce and if you buy a set meal, it is about 1/2 the price of Burger King, so I rather go with Ronald.

By the way, the new double whoppers are really filling for only an extra 20 baht or so. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

And it comes from McDonalds and Burger King. This is only partially satire because it sounds like it is...But I'm being serious. I've tried Woody's..I've tried Mike's. These have got to be the saddest burgers I've EVER seen or eaten. I was looking forward to Woody's yesterday after reading a thread that had many people claiming they had the best burgers in Chiang Mai. The saddest crumbly little piece of meat that arrived at my table sunk my heart. Does it exist? A real hamburger that isn't going to weigh 2 oz's and crumbled all over the place and isn't going to cost me 200 baht? Burger King wins this one hands down so far.

What a load of <deleted>!! An exageration of the grandest order. Out of the many dozen burgers I have had at Woddy's I have never been disappointed. The meat always fills the bun. and have never had a crumbly one yet. I suppose if I walked in and said I want a burger for Damiam I would get a small crumbly one. They must have seen you coming, or you upset Mrs. Woody :o

Disclaimer:- I have no financial interest in the above mentioned establishment, nor am I porking any of the staff members!

Simply amazing.

Woody's has however the best burgers here in town.

Oh yeah? That's interesting. How close a run for the money do you think it gives Duke's? I love Duke's burgers, or at least the one I always get, which has blue cheese on it. Mmmmm, mmmm. How'm I doing keeping the thread going for you?

Woody's has however the best burgers here in town.

Oh yeah? That's interesting. How close a run for the money do you think it gives Duke's? I love Duke's burgers, or at least the one I always get, which has blue cheese on it. Mmmmm, mmmm. How'm I doing keeping the thread going for you?

Rasseru :o

keep it rolling :D

The Double Bacon Cheese Whopper from Burger King tastes like a Double Bacon Cheese Whopper from Burger King.

The Bacon Cheese Burger from Mike's tastes like the Bacon Cheese Burger from Mike's.

A burger with blue cheese will taste like I burger with blue cheese.

Do YOU like blue cheese on your burger?

Personally, I prefer Ementaller Swiss. Or Monterey Jack.

Do you like raw onion on your burger, or would you prefer mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato? Or all of the above?

Mike's makes a very tasty burger for those who like Mike's burgers.

Burger King makes a very tasty burger for those who like Burger King.

McDonald's makes a ........ scratch that......

Duke's, Woody's, even Daret's make tasty burgers for those who enjoy those flavors.

Perhaps that's why when they have a horse race there is more than one entry. :o

"Can someone tell me Thaivisa, and possibly half of Chiang Mai's expat crwod is obssessed by bleeding burgers? Is this the utopian dream, burger heaven?" (w/ alot of sic!)

Somewhere in America or UK, there is a Thai Expat Webboard with a million Som Tam threads that never seem to go away.

These have got to be the saddest burgers I've EVER seen or eaten.

Guess you have not gotten around much eating or looking at burgers. I'll always remember some with whitish meat in Mexico. Could it have been cat?

Woody's has made me some good ones. I don't go to Mike's anymore.

At 4:30 A.M. Burger King has the best burgers in Chiang Mai.

Back in the good old daze before all the new generation ex-pats arrived the only food you could get after 9 pm was Thai food, very odd that being in Thailand. Strangely enough I never even thought about a hamburger or pizza.

Well I'm slightly surprised no one agrees with me, but at least I wasn't bashed... Seriously though, are people judging these burgers by Chiang Mai standards or BURGER standards? REGARDLESS, Burger King and McDonald's burgers easily beats Woody's burger and Mike's. 2oz was exaggerating, but tiny and crumbly was not. The Woody's burger was tasty enough...But it just barely classifies with the sad, small, soggy piece of crumbling meat they put on there.

Well I'm slightly surprised no one agrees with me, but at least I wasn't bashed... Seriously though, are people judging these burgers by Chiang Mai standards or BURGER standards? REGARDLESS, Burger King and McDonald's burgers easily beats Woody's burger and Mike's. 2oz was exaggerating, but tiny and crumbly was not. The Woody's burger was tasty enough...But it just barely classifies with the sad, small, soggy piece of crumbling meat they put on there.

You are desperately in need of a visit to Duke's. By "BURGER" standards, I think the burgers there are very fine.

Seems that you want an argument. Best you turn up to Tuskers on Saturday night so as you can impress us with your knowledge of hamburgers in Thailand. I am sure that myself and a few others will be fascinated.

At 4:30 A.M. Burger King has the best burgers in Chiang Mai.

Strangely enough I never even thought about a hamburger or pizza.

I can remember countless conversations back then where expats dreamed about McDonalds and Pizza Hut and we used to rush to one every time we hit Bangkok on a visa run to Malaysia.

Between great French bread, omelets and great coffee, I have to admit that I never missed Western food in Vietnam back in those days though. :o

Can we open this up a bit?

Burgers in Banchang, Rayong?

The Offshore bar?

Hmmmm ok , but various bits of foreign matter.

McD in Rayong... heartburn for 2 days. God bless Boots next door, more or less.

KFC... Over cooked, over priced, over here.

dribble on

Geoff

Seems that you want an argument. Best you turn up to Tuskers on Saturday night so as you can impress us with your knowledge of hamburgers in Thailand. I am sure that myself and a few others will be fascinated.

No, I'm looking for a good burger smartypants. Duke's was suggested by Rasseru, much apprecieted...I'll try there next. Where is Duke's BTW?

. . . . . Where is Duke's BTW?

Duke's has two locations. One recently opened somewhere in or around the Night Bazaar. I've never been there. The other, more established and, as far as I know, original location is just across the Ping River from the main part of town. Do you know the one-way bridge five hundred meters or so south of Narawat Bridge? If you cross it (it runs one way in a west to east direction) and turn left as soon as you get over to the other side, Duke's will be perhaps 50 meters down the road on your right.

Burger King Whopper patty, 4 oz

McDonalds Big Mac patty 1.6 oz X 2 , total 3.2 oz

McDonalds Quarter Pounder patty, 4 oz

Woody's or Mike's patty, (150g) 5.3 oz