I've Discovered The Ultimate Hamburger In Chiang Mai

damian5000

The Great CM Burger Poll  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't believe I am adding to this thread but I have stood by and watched this debacle long enough. The best cheeseburger (and you don't have to pay extra for the cheese) in CNX is the burger stand outside John's Place/Cozy Corner. For only 39B you get a great burger with all the fixins; lettuce, tomato, onion. It comes quick and the beef they use is the same as the "best burger" in Chiang Mai. And if you want a heap of fries, that also is only 39B.

A mate and i had a couple of these a few weeks ago. We ended up tossing them to some soi dogs.

I guess we all just have different tastes.

The soi dogs seemed to enjoy them.

:D:D:D:o

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing beats a good old greasy hamburger from one of the thousands of fish n' chip shops in Australia..

I just thank heavens theres none in Chiang Mai. My waistline is already at breaking point..

Err.... maybe I shouldn't mention this then...... but Woody's can make you up a burger with the lot very similar to the one in that pic.

The Sizzler's Terriyaki Burger with imported beef is great, but it is too much food with the salad bar and the delicious fries that come with it. You have to be very HUNGRY! :o

Indeed, I always skip the previous meal before going to Sizzler. It is two meals for the price of 1.5. Tonight, the price for the full meal included baked potato, but it took about an hour to get the potato.

PB has joined the Sizzler Salad Bar Brigade! :D

OK, I voted for Ron's burger (specifically the Bacon Cheeseburger) served at CM Saloon 1.

BUT, I had a Mike's Double Double, large (extra fries/chips, large Coke) at 3 AM in the morning a few nights ago. And no, I was not sober. Not even close..... :o

And it was good. And greasy. And the fries were excellent.

And I like Woody's (Aussie style with the "lot"- just hold the pineapple....only the depraved like Crow Boy eat that <deleted> :D).

And Guitarman- they have one with melted blue cheese that is a quasi gourmet burger.

It's all good..... :D

"Ultimate" means the same thing as "Best". :D

Not according to my books it doesn't......

ULTIMATE... last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series: the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats. maximum; decisive; conclusive: the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.

basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible: the ultimate particle; ultimate principles. final; total: the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project. not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed: the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity.

BEST.... of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.

most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.

adverb, superl. of well with better as compar. most excellently or suitably; with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.

in or to the highest degree; most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved. something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes. the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best. the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence. a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.

Ultimate wishes MM :o

lately I ate again at woody's , which I said before tastes good ,

I am not talking about the kebab , which is not so politely spoken .

There is just one thing I wanted to point out , promoting themselves next to seven ,

why do they ask 25 baht for a can drink while seven is next door ?

its just unbelievable not smart to do so , its not an upscale restaurant , just a snackbar .

I looked at the fridge and it indicates they are not selling much .

Its just a hint to the owner . You could say I am a cheap Charlie or whatsoever , but asking

15 baht also gives you profit , and keeps locals a peace of mind to enjoy a burger and not feeling overcharged

but still in need for a drink .

Just needed to say that , but i like the burger , give them that !

Next week I try at one of the other establishments mentioned , try a steak and burger and

do expect a more expensive coke . :o

There is just one thing I wanted to point out , promoting themselves next to seven ,

its just unbelievable not smart to do so , its not an upscale restaurant , just a snackbar .

Its just a hint to the owner . You could say I am a cheap Charlie or whatsoever , but asking

15 baht also gives you profit , and keeps locals a peace of mind to enjoy a burger and not feeling overcharged

Unbelievably not smart?? You don't appear real smart yourself. Consider a pub on Silom selling beers at 95 baht with a 7/11 right next door. 7/11 is not a pub nor is it a burger cafe. You are bitching about paying 25 baht for a soft drink served in a glass with ice as to buying one in a can at 7/11. You looked in the fridge and found it full and concluded that they are not selling much?? <deleted>...

Edited by Maejo Man

lately I ate again at woody's , which I said before tastes good ,

I am not talking about the kebab , which is not so politely spoken .

but still in need for a drink .

Just needed to say that , but i like the burger , give them that !

Next week I try at one of the other establishments mentioned , try a steak and burger and

do expect a more expensive coke . :o

15 baht would give the owner a whole 1baht profit, If you deduct the ice, the electricity costs for the fridge etc a bit less, maybe he could reduce the price of his burger as well, seeing as they sell them next door at seven for around 30baht,

Next time I'm in woodys I don't expect to pay over 50baht for a meal and a drink :D

Unbelievably not smart?? You don't appear real smart yourself. Consider a pub on Silom selling beers at 95 baht with a 7/11 right next door. 7/11 is not a pub nor is it a burger cafe. You are bitching about paying 25 baht for a soft drink served in a glass with ice as to buying one in a can at 7/11. You looked in the fridge and found it full and concluded that they are not selling much?? <deleted>...

Hello mr Maejo man ! Very nice for giving me names .

Comparing a pub with seven is a very different thing . Perhaps you indicate that the burger place is in the

category of entertainement , which I don't . So we may have different opinions on that .

I compare this particular place equal as to when I eat a meal at a local place , eating moe krob noodles or

whatever , which is also just a small place to have a meal , not a reastaurant or entertainement ,.

I have nothing against this place , does not mean I can give my opinion , and you are not being nice or

understandable about what i am trying to say . Reading my own post , my english was not too good , I am not a native ,

so sometimes hard to express to make a statement .

Makes me a twart ....... Wonder what it makes you .

Perhaps you indicate that the burger place is in the

category of entertainement , which I don't . So we may have different opinions on that .

I compare this particular place equal as to when I eat a meal at a local place , eating moe krob noodles or

whatever , which is also just a small place to have a meal , not a reastaurant or entertainement ,.

I have nothing against this place , does not mean I can give my opinion , and you are not being nice

Me, not nice? That makes two two of you on here that share that opinion, join that growing club :o

This statement of yours was the one that got me rolling on the floor

I always have a full fridge, but it doesn't mean I don't eat anything. Does the word "restocking" ring any bells?

As for saying that they should charge 15 baht a drink and could still make a profit, I believe a previous poster summed that up quite well. :D

Perhaps you indicate that the burger place is in the

I have nothing against this place , does not mean I can give my opinion , and you are not being nice

Me, not nice? That makes two two of you on here that share that opinion, join that growing club :o

This statement of yours was the one that got me rolling on the floor

I always have a full fridge, but it doesn't mean I don't eat anything. Does the word "restocking" ring any bells?

As for saying that they should charge 15 baht a drink and could still make a profit, I believe a previous poster summed that up quite well. :D

Allright maybe the fridge thing I gotta give ya that . But the charge in my opinion , even if its just the two of ME ,

is in this establishment rather high . They could serve bottles , even

cans which you can buy for 11 baht , still makes a profit, and no reason to double charge that . The main profit should be in the eatery , which allready makes a nice profit I guess, the prices of the drinks are just too far of normality .

That was the only thing I thought was something which got my notice and surprised me .

About the restocking issue , it could also be different wise as you stated , maybe I am right , probably not .

Further I suggest we keep this thread on topic , and that we keep moderate to each other , no matter we agree

or not .

Chiang Mai Saloon have changed their supplier for "imported beef" and I wasn't very impressed.

I thought that it had that meat-loaf taste (like the meat is mixed with cheaper meat, grains or other ingredients) that so many burgers have in this part of the world, however, Ron told me that I was the only person to try it so far that didn't think that it was better than before. I did think that it made a decent meat-loaf type sandwich - and the potato wedges were delicious - but not a great hamburger.

I am starting to think that Ajarn is right about burgers in Chiang Mai. He feels that McDonalds/Burger King are the "best", simply because you know exactly what you are going to get, even if the beef is nothing to brag about.

I really enjoyed the Aussie-burger that I had at Woody's, but the extra ingredients completely covered the taste of the beef, so I can't really give an opinion on it other than the whole thing tasted fine. :o

Partly because I thought Ulysses suggested it (and surely the owner has asked me to try it), I finally had the hamburger at Miguel's. Sorry, too dry and too overcooked. I will go back to the earlier menu, which includes ground beef ingredients I can relate to, surely the best Mexican food in Thailand. However, you might like it, and the cheddar cheese was outstanding. I love the Sloppy Joe there, too.

Partly because I thought Ulysses suggested it (and surely the owner has asked me to try it), I finally had the hamburger at Miguel's. Sorry, too dry and too overcooked. I will go back to the earlier menu, which includes ground beef ingredients I can relate to, surely the best Mexican food in Thailand. However, you might like it, and the cheddar cheese was outstanding. I love the Sloppy Joe there, too.

I have never eaten a hamburger at Miguels and I probably never would. I have also never told anyone else to have one. There is too much good Mexican food there to have a burger.

The Sloppy Joe at Miguel's has too much of a BBQ flavor for me. The Bully Pub in Bangkok near Nana BTS has a much better one (i.e. like my momma made). :o

I have never eaten a hamburger at Miguels and I probably never would. I have also never told anyone else to have one. There is too much good Mexican food there to have a burger.

The Sloppy Joe at Miguel's has too much of a BBQ flavor for me. The Bully Pub in Bangkok near Nana BTS has a much better one (i.e. like my momma made). :o

By coincidence I tried a Sloppy Joe at Bully's two nights ago. Best I've ever eaten, didn't think a sloppy joe could be that good. Real barbecued beef, etc. I was with a group of nine, everyone was happy with the food there, and the music.

By coincidence I tried a Sloppy Joe at Bully's two nights ago. Best I've ever eaten, didn't think a sloppy joe could be that good. Real barbecued beef, etc. I was with a group of nine, everyone was happy with the food there, and the music.

Ok on a related (both served on a bun) but different theme (not exactly a burger) do you guys prefer your Sloppy Joe with a chilli zap or plain? There are numerous ways and I am curious to what is the preference for the CM members.

CB