Where To Find Power Toothbrushes In Cm ?

CobraSnakeNecktie

Greetings

My Braun power toothbrush died. Something about using a power converter for a model designed for 110W. Anyway its just about dead and would like to find a medium to high quality replacement.

I have checked Carrefour, Tesco, Big C, Boots and have only seen cheap battery powered ones in the 250 to 900 baht range. I bought one 500 baht but its near useless. Okay it buzzes a little but nothing like the rechargeable one that just died.

Any tips on where to find the better quality Brauns or perhaps Phillips made Sonic Care?

TIA (Thanks In Advance --- for those acronym challenged out there)

Greetings

My Braun power toothbrush died. Something about using a power converter for a model designed for 110W. Anyway its just about dead and would like to find a medium to high quality replacement.

I have checked Carrefour, Tesco, Big C, Boots and have only seen cheap battery powered ones in the 250 to 900 baht range. I bought one 500 baht but its near useless. Okay it buzzes a little but nothing like the rechargeable one that just died.

Any tips on where to find the better quality Brauns or perhaps Phillips made Sonic Care?

TIA (Thanks In Advance --- for those acronym challenged out there)

If you find them please let me know.. my sonic care died about two years ago.. and have not been able to find a replacement. I am going to have a friend that is coming to Thailand bring one for me as I am not sure its going to happen here.

Greetings

If you find them please let me know.. my sonic care died about two years ago.. and have not been able to find a replacement. I am going to have a friend that is coming to Thailand bring one for me as I am not sure its going to happen here.

Swain

I first brought a Sonic Care from the states and its battery died in short order. Then I recently brought a new Braun from the US and again its battery died quick. I am using a good quality power converter I got at Central but I think the problem is with the conversion and giving the charger issues.

I have somewhat concluded I need to find a 220w model for one to last

Central in Kat Suankaew and Robinsons in Airport Plaza have both sold Braun electric tooth brushes, several models. In Central they were on the 2nd or 3rd floor near kitchen electrical appliances. In Robinsons they were near the elevator on one of the upper floors but may have moved up into Power Buy on the top floor. I have not looked recently but they both had them for many years. I have gotten good life from the ones I got in CM.

If anyone does spot Sonicare on sale, please share the secret. My UK model refused to charge about 6 months after I brought it to Thailand (just what IS it about this country and electrical items giving up the ghost? :o ). Much searching turned up zero Sonicare presence in Thailand, so I was forced to shell out for and make do with a new Braun. As others have said, the Braun is available in Central & Robinson,

If anyone does spot Sonicare on sale, please share the secret. My UK model refused to charge about 6 months after I brought it to Thailand (just what IS it about this country and electrical items giving up the ghost? :o ). Much searching turned up zero Sonicare presence in Thailand, so I was forced to shell out for and make do with a new Braun. As others have said, the Braun is available in Central & Robinson,

you can try ebay UK

or ebay usa, but the voltages will be different for the usa one.

Don't want to make this sounds like a sales pitch, but if you guys do manage to find a new toothbrush, my mate has a huge box of the replacement toothbrush heads. He sells them on ebay, as well as the mach3 shavers. Special price for TV members, 200B for a pack of 4 heads (it's 429B at tesco), or 3 packs for 500B. The mach3 shavers are the 4 packs, and are 150B each (250B at tesco), or 3 packs for 400B. He said you can either pick them up, or have them posted to you (u gota pay the postage, around 30 baht i think).

Oral B

Mach3

PM if anyone is interested

Can someone tell me just what is good about these electric tooth brushes? I have thought about getting one, but it just seems like more chargers and bits to lug around in my travels, I need to know that it really is worth it first, also because they are not exactly cheap.

Thanks

They clean your teeth very well, very fast and very easily. Mine will brush 2X/day for about 2 weeks on a trip without a charge so taking the charger is not always necessary. My dentist has not cleaned my teeth in years because he says they do not need it which was not the case before I started using one. Is it worth it?

In Chiang Mai, Carrefour has the Blue Sky brand (500 Baht) with a stand and 4 heads, the wife and I each have one, they work great. Also seen Oral B hanging on a rack, (not in a Box, but a bubble pack) in the toothpaste/brush section of the Hang Dong Tesco-Lotus (990 Baht) a couple weeks ago.

afaik , sonicare do not sell in thailand.

i pick up replacement heads when i visit the uk.

the battery on my sonicare died after two years and would refuse to charge , none of the charging lights would come on , i looked on the sonicare website and found that it is a common problem , they dont even sell replacement batteries , the advice was to buy a complete new unit , i put the thing in the back of a draw and forgot about it for a year. dug it out about a year ago and thought that before i throw it away i will try charging it again. it charged up perfectly and has worked perfectly for the past year.

they certainly clean effectively , but should be used with a light touch as per the instructions. heavy handed use with a lot of pressure will lead to gum recession and enamel wear around the gum margins.

Just for info Boots at the New Big C on the Chiangmai-Hod Rd has the replacement heads for the Braun electric toothbrushes.

I had tried Watsons (all out maybe next month) , Robinsons (they used to have them but since they changed the store around they didn't know what I was talking about and I couldn't find them again).

Glad I got a new Braun when I was in Oz last year.

Anyhow good luck.

Gosh, I had the same problem with my sonic care toothbrush, it just gave up on me one day. Its the best toothbrush I've ever owned, and its like, once you go sonic care, you can never go back that kinda thing. For those of you that have never tried sonic care, it really cleans your teeth well, and its recommended by all dentists. And I've never felt my teeth so clean other than from the semi-annual dental office teeth cleaning ventures. I've been a fan and I have not had any cavities for the past two years.

Anyways, back to the little piece of machinery. I'm not sure if its the battery or the power converter, it just stopped working a month after I took it to Thailand. And I did search high and low for a replacement, no luck in Chiang Mai nor BKK.

Well, I ended up bringing it to an electronics repair shop and got the problem solved. The shop is behind IT Plaza on the moat, near the entrance to Fitness Thailand. They do all types of electronics repairs there, from fans to TVs, to anything that has a plug. One of the technicians there did his magic and 3 days later, the toothbrush was revived. He changed something inside the toothbrush, converted the electric "stuff", drilled a hole on the bottom of the toothbrush and it now charges with a mobile phone charger :-) Go figure, regardless, I was very happy that he was able to keep the thing working for me.

Songtaew ride to the repair shop: 20B

Cost to repair the toothbrush: 300B

Beloved toothbrush working again: Priceless

Electronic toothbrushes are superior for cleaning, and moreso for care of the gums.

But I can't imagine buying one requiring a recharging stand, etc.to haul around (unless, maybe, that's all you can find here in Thailand....?). In the States, every drug store you walk into has a wall of battery powered (2-AA) toothbrushes and replacement brushes. Cost: about $6 for an all-inclusive (machine, brush, batteries) ensemble. They last quite awhile, but I usually bring one or two back with me when I cycle, along with replacement brushes; so far, I've only needed the brushes.

Anyway, curious these highly-portable battery jobbies aren't available in Thailand.... Is this also true in EU and Oz?

Electronic toothbrushes are superior for cleaning, and moreso for care of the gums.

But I can't imagine buying one requiring a recharging stand, etc.to haul around (unless, maybe, that's all you can find here in Thailand....?). In the States, every drug store you walk into has a wall of battery powered (2-AA) toothbrushes and replacement brushes. Cost: about $6 for an all-inclusive (machine, brush, batteries) ensemble. They last quite awhile, but I usually bring one or two back with me when I cycle, along with replacement brushes; so far, I've only needed the brushes.

Anyway, curious these highly-portable battery jobbies aren't available in Thailand.... Is this also true in EU and Oz?

they have the battery ones here in Thailand also. A lot of them are low quality. I bought cheap Braun 400 baht at Big C and was really a disappointment compared to the Sonic Care or high quality Brauns. The better ones use ultrasound to penetrate the gum line and disturb bacteria and the vibrations or movements are much higher with the quality ones.

I did find the full line of Brauns at Central at Kad Suan Kaew. At the low end is a 990 baht double A battery model and then 4 others that peak at 4500 baht. Incidentally the high end Braun is a sonic type action similar to the Sonic Care. The other models use Braun's rotational motion. Nice selection.

I left my Phillips Sonic Care in US when I moved here....had to, it was 110V.

There is no question in my mind that this is the finest toothbrush ever- both my regular dentist, and my periodondist recommended it highly.

Possibly the problem many people have here with these items, is that the electrical grid is prone to a lot of power surges.

Even when using a power converter, the constant flux in voltage probably fries the innards after awhile.

If anyone has a line on a Phillips Sonic Care, for 220V, available in Thailand, please post it here- I'll buy 2!

they have the battery ones here in Thailand also. A lot of them are low quality. I bought cheap Braun 400 baht at Big C and was really a disappointment compared to the Sonic Care or high quality Brauns. The better ones use ultrasound to penetrate the gum line and disturb bacteria and the vibrations or movements are much higher with the quality ones.

I did find the full line of Brauns at Central at Kad Suan Kaew. At the low end is a 990 baht double A battery model and then 4 others that peak at 4500 baht. Incidentally the high end Braun is a sonic type action similar to the Sonic Care. The other models use Braun's rotational motion. Nice selection.

I had some plaque around the gum line that was bothering me, and I can not get in to see my dentist for 2 weeks. So, I went to Kad suan gao and looked at the seletion, and ended up buying a Braun-Oral-B low end that uses 2 AA batteries for 790 baht. Took it back, and.....WOW. WOW. If a low end brush can get my teeth this clean, the ones for 4000 baht must me fantastic! This little brush, after the first use, got rid of that plaque that was bothering me!! And my teeth, feel so smooth, like pearls! I am VERY happy and will be picking up one for the misses as well. Thanks for posting about this and giving opinions.

Cheers