Chumphon Thailand

Manyquestions

Hello,

Some questions about chumphon

1: Anyone got experience with Novotel Chumphon at Paradonpap beach?

2: Is Paradonpap beach close to Lang suan beach?

3: How is the wetter and temperature in Chumphon mid/end of november.

4: Are there any good hospitals in Chumphon? (got a sick mum coming along)

5: Is lang suan a nice place to hold a wedding? or is Paradonpap nicer?

6: How to reach chumphon by plane?

7: Are there shopping area's?

8: I am NOT a fan of pattaya or phuket,.. will i find the same garbage there? (pardon the language)

And now a little bit off topic,...

We want to buy a car in thailand and let the (almost) inlaws drive in it,...

1: Does the insurance cover full damage?

1.5: Is there such a thing as a "all risk" insurance that will give a new car after totalling it?

2: When the inlaws drive it, and the car is on my name,... they cause an accident,.. will the insurance cover it?

3: We are still in doubt,.. wich to buy: a small car,... Toyota vios or the Honda city

wich to buy: A pickup,... Mitsubishi Triton Plus dc,.. Toyota hilux prerunner dc

Nissan Nevara DC,.. Isuzu something dc,,

The cars are all (in their group) about the same price range,... i do like pickups,.. but not very fuel efficient,... the small cars are however not very safe,.... Triton plus looks awsome on the inside and got more space,.... Toyota got better service,... Nissan is strong but out dated design,.. Isuzu,.. is well Isuzu good quality and there it ends.

Should i buy cash one time,... or pay 50% down and the rest monthly and so getting free options? but might be a problem if the baht goes up to the euro,... now baht is 49 to one euro,.. last year it was 42 to one euro,... big difference,.... since the baht is linked to the dollar,... what to expect? Will china and middle east pump money into the US causing the US economy to stable,... then baht will be stronger,... if not,.. Lucky me,.. i get a better rate and more room to budget.

More about chumphon,... can anyone recommend places to go,.. and how safe is it for a farang,...

How are crime rates?,... should i take malaria pills with me?.

Well hoping on alot of responses and info,..

If you have more pictures then on the webboard already, please mail them to me.

Sorry, don't know about the hotels, but I can tell you that Chumpon is about as different from Phuket and Pattaya as you can get.

I don't believe anyone flies into Chumpon, you will have to fly to Surat and drive up. November is the rainy season in the South, so if the weather is normal, November will be the rainiest month of the year. Not much in the way of shopping, as far as I know. It is not a major tourist destination and most of the Thai people who live there tend to have orchards. So, no, no real shopping. You can't have a quiet out of the way beach location and still expect all the amenities of a large tourist resort area.

Hospital is a govt hospital, so could be good, could be bad depending on which doctor you get.

As for the car questions, you might be better off posting those questions in the motoring forum. The baht exchange rate questions are covered in depth in the Jobs, Economy, and investment forum.

Hello,

Some questions about chumphon

1: Anyone got experience with Novotel Chumphon at Paradonpap beach?

2: Is Paradonpap beach close to Lang suan beach?

3: How is the wetter and temperature in Chumphon mid/end of november.

4: Are there any good hospitals in Chumphon? (got a sick mum coming along)

5: Is lang suan a nice place to hold a wedding? or is Paradonpap nicer?

6: How to reach chumphon by plane?

7: Are there shopping area's?

8: I am NOT a fan of pattaya or phuket,.. will i find the same garbage there? (pardon the language)

And now a little bit off topic,...

We want to buy a car in thailand and let the (almost) inlaws drive in it,...

1: Does the insurance cover full damage?

1.5: Is there such a thing as a "all risk" insurance that will give a new car after totalling it?

2: When the inlaws drive it, and the car is on my name,... they cause an accident,.. will the insurance cover it?

3: We are still in doubt,.. wich to buy: a small car,... Toyota vios or the Honda city

wich to buy: A pickup,... Mitsubishi Triton Plus dc,.. Toyota hilux prerunner dc

Nissan Nevara DC,.. Isuzu something dc,,

The cars are all (in their group) about the same price range,... i do like pickups,.. but not very fuel efficient,... the small cars are however not very safe,.... Triton plus looks awsome on the inside and got more space,.... Toyota got better service,... Nissan is strong but out dated design,.. Isuzu,.. is well Isuzu good quality and there it ends.

Should i buy cash one time,... or pay 50% down and the rest monthly and so getting free options? but might be a problem if the baht goes up to the euro,... now baht is 49 to one euro,.. last year it was 42 to one euro,... big difference,.... since the baht is linked to the dollar,... what to expect? Will china and middle east pump money into the US causing the US economy to stable,... then baht will be stronger,... if not,.. Lucky me,.. i get a better rate and more room to budget.

More about chumphon,... can anyone recommend places to go,.. and how safe is it for a farang,...

How are crime rates?,... should i take malaria pills with me?.

Well hoping on alot of responses and info,..

If you have more pictures then on the webboard already, please mail them to me.

It seems from your questions, that you're wanting to move to, marry and settle down in a place that you know absolutely nothing about?

Brave move - and no, you don't need to take malaria pills.

The weather here in November can be pretty wet. [Tail end of monsoon season]

There are no flights to Chumphon. Bus or train only. The nearest airports are Surat Thani and Ranong.

The private hospitals frankly leave a lot to be desired if you experience middling to severe illness. A tropical fish tank and good looking nurses do not always a good hospital make. You should go to Chumphon Khet Udomsakdi hospital in case of the above. It is overcrowded and staffed by [in quite a few but by no means all cases] disgruntled underpaid staff but at least it is clean enough and they do have up to date equipment that a private hospital may not. [see my 1st post on Thaivisa.]

The shops easily provide the staples of life but dont be expecting Tesco Lotus variety. The main [Ocean] shopping centre will open your eyes as to how much stuff there is out there that you dont want.

There are one or two girly bars which cater 99.9% to Thais and one disco.

I am lead to believe Chumphon has a fairly high crime rate but you are unlikely to be affected as in the main it is hooligan V hooligan. Dont go out of your way to piss people off and you will find the natives generally honest and friendly.

There are in fact occaisional outbreaks of malaria but you are safe enough in the city.

I hope this has been of some help. Good luck and enjoy Chumphon.

Yes, technically there is an airport, but there are no flights in or out.. The thing's a white elephant. Either take the bus/train down from BKK or fly into Surat Thani or Koh Samui and leg it over here.

Yes, technically there is an airport, but there are no flights in or out.. The thing's a white elephant. Either take the bus/train down from BKK or fly into Surat Thani or Koh Samui and leg it over here.

Just to let the world know I have been here longer than dbm. :o:D:D:D