Retirement Visa

With luck, will be applying for retirement visa either this trip to Thailand or next.

What I want to know is if there are any problems if you leave Thailand for 3 months at a time. I will still have things to sort out in Uk and visit family etc. So if I come back to UK, I imagine that I would need a re-entry stamp. Is there a problem with being away from Thailand for that length of time?

Even when I am considering myself as living in Thailand, I think that I would still like to return to Eurpoe for 2 months each year

Any thoughts?

Loong, have you looked into the UK tax implications of staying in the UK for 3 months of the year?

http://www.qck.com/non-residents-tax.0.htm...n-residents-tax

"Residence in the UK is normally established by someone who visits the UK for at least six months in any one tax year, or three months a year over four consecutive years. " So be careful you don't get done for UK Tax.

I hope to do something similar in the not too distant future, so I'm interested to see how you get on. Good luck.

Loong, have you looked into the UK tax implications of staying in the UK for 3 months of the year?

As I have investments in uk, will be continuing to pay UK tax anyway, as far as I know, this will cost less than having my income taxed in Thailand.

But it is something that , in time, I will have to look into carefully.

If a person lives abroad and receives rental income, the agent has to deduct tax by law.

If a person lives abroad and receives rental income, the agent has to deduct tax by law.

Not true.

You need to convince the Inland Revenue that you will pay tax on Rental Income.

I have an accountant do my tax return, costs around 200 pounds pa, and then

I get the full rental income, until I have to pay the tax.

PM me if you want details.

With a single property and your personal allowance your liability for tax will be very small. Probably zero if you also have a mortgage on the property.

Interest for mortgages on rental property is fully deductable against tax.

Not true.

You need to convince the Inland Revenue that you will pay tax on Rental Income.

I have an accountant do my tax return, costs around 200 pounds pa, and then

I get the full rental income, until I have to pay the tax.

PM me if you want details.

With a single property and your personal allowance your liability for tax will be very small. Probably zero if you also have a mortgage on the property.

Interest for mortgages on rental property is fully deductable against tax.

Understand what you're saying. I had figured out that by being in UK for 3 months per year will get full tax allowance and capital gains allowance ( not much in the way of gains on shares in the last 2 years, loss actually, same as most investors)