French Man Accused Of Attempted Bag Snatch On Pattaya Beach.

Pattaya_Fox

French Man accused of attempted bag snatch on Pattaya Beach.

Pattaya Police in conjunction with the Tourist Police dealt with a bag snatch case with a twist on Pattaya Beach only meters away from Pattaya Police Station in the early hours of Saturday Morning. The victim was Khun Galantip aged 33 who claimed that a French national had attempted to steal her shoulder bag. Mr. Mohammed Almouboudi aged 51 was placed under arrest and taken back to Pattaya Police Station where he decided not to speak with Police about the case. He was sent to the cells to give him a chance to contemplate his actions and will be further questioned over the weekend. Police are expected to charge the man with theft.

Pattaya City News

Saturday 2nd February 2008

Mohammed? French? I think not ... :o

Wondered how long that would take to be picked up, surprised it took four days though. I picked it up straight away but never said anything cos I'm such a nice guy :D

Mohammed? French? I think not ... :o

Wondered how long that would take to be picked up, surprised it took four days though. I picked it up straight away but never said anything cos I'm such a nice guy :D

Yes 4 days seemed to great restaint by a number of members.

If you look at the top 20 names registered in many European countries you may not see as many Tom, Mary and Johns as you did in the past. There are a number of new entries in the most popular list, not all of then the names of celebrities and their dogs.

you only overlook the fact that maybe he was born in France !

At 51 there are very few chances that he was born in France...

Really ? Any ground on this statement ?

So - born 1956/7.

Still all the FLN and other terror organisations (then called Freedom Fighters) attacking the French-supplied infrastructure.

At that time these countries were considered a part of France, had representatives in the French parliament, were entitled to French citizenship, so on.

If the family were pro-French, then they could well have emigrated to the mainland at that time.

Many of France's great intellectuals of the pre- and post-war era were North African in origin, French by nationality.

And Sarkozy sounds Hungarian to me - when did his family arrive?

you only overlook the fact that maybe he was born in France !

At 51 there are very few chances that he was born in France...

Really ? Any ground on this statement ?

So - born 1956/7.

Still all the FLN and other terror organisations (then called Freedom Fighters) attacking the French-supplied infrastructure.

At that time these countries were considered a part of France, had representatives in the French parliament, were entitled to French citizenship, so on.

If the family were pro-French, then they could well have emigrated to the mainland at that time.

Many of France's great intellectuals of the pre- and post-war era were North African in origin, French by nationality.

And Sarkozy sounds Hungarian to me - when did his family arrive?

Thanks for this detailed explanation. Being french myself I am quite aware that a lot of french do not have a french sounding name !

Assuming nationality on a name is misleading. We had quite a lot of immigrants from Eastern Europe, Italy, Spain, Portugal, North Africa, African countries, Asia......All rightly carrying a French Passport !