Border Run Myanmar

I am also wondering if the border at Mae Sot is a viable option for visa run just to get out of Thailand and come in again on visa exemption.

Can lopburi confirm ?

Mae Sot is excellent for a quick visa run. Nice and quiet with friendly officials.

I will be going there myself next Monday.

I am also wondering if the border at Mae Sot is a viable option for visa run just to get out of Thailand and come in again on visa exemption.

Can lopburi confirm ?

Mae Sot is excellent for a quick visa run. Nice and quiet with friendly officials.

What are you talking about?

Could someone confirm this please?

Last time a few years ago I was at Mae Sot/Myawaddy there my passport was not even stamped. You would just leave your passport to the angrily shouting immigration guy with a rifle and pay about 10 USD. Technically it has never been an international entry point, travel is strictly restricted beyond the town/ overnight stay not allowed.

Yangon is a nice place to visit but not a place for nightlife.

Edited by sonnyJ

Last time a few years ago I was at Mae Sot/Myawaddy there my passport was not even stamped. You would just leave your passport to the angrily shouting immigration guy with a rifle and pay about 10 USD. Technically it has never been an international entry point, travel is strictly restricted beyond the town/ overnight stay not allowed.

I'm curious as well, because the above poster's experience mirrored mine, too.

Can lopburi confirm ?

What are you talking about?

Could someone confirm this please?

Yangon is a nice place to visit but not a place for nightlife.

Well then things have changed for the better in the last few years since you were there.

500 Bht for the Burmese stamp in your passport and in the couple of years I have been going there it has been nothing but pleasant and smooth on both sides of the bridge.

Well then things have changed for the better in the last few years since you were there.

500 Bht for the Burmese stamp in your passport and in the couple of years I have been going there it has been nothing but pleasant and smooth on both sides of the bridge.

wow..wee, that sure sounds heavenly to me.

Is overnight stay in Myanmar possible ?

wow..wee, that sure sounds heavenly to me.

Is overnight stay in Myanmar possible ?

It's my understanding that, at this time, farang are not allowed to stay overnight in Myawaddy, nor are they allowed to travel outside the town.

That's nice to hear, there has been at least some kind of development. Maybe it's all connected to the (still) planned major Asian highway project which would make this post as an international immigration post maybe. So far it has not been granted as such?? Right? So what ever the Burmese choose to stamp or not stamp i understand but how can Thai immigration stamp you at a only local immigration post? Again no logic what so ever..