Thai Giks

xyborg

Some people have to pay, others don't (thai or farang). Guess it depends on age and a few other likewise factors.

Exactly.

For instance were Bambina to be my gyk, i would probably have to adopt the 'ah-seea' role, and buy her lots of things.

But typically, couples of similar age and interest it is mostly for fun, no strings attached.

Commonplace for farang wives to get hit on, because, let's face the sad reality here, there is the perception that some foreigner's wives are willing to engage in such behaviour especially in cases where the husband is not based in Thailand; the wife gets lonely tralahalalaha boogily boo yada yada yada .

Sad but true.

If I had a quarter for every married wife of a farang that had hit upon me, I'd have like....almost $1.

I seem to remember you writing before that you are luk kreung, with a Thai mother and farang father. So am not sure why you then appear to be gloating about infidelity of Thai wives married to farang.

But as they say, up to you!

Maybe they were farang wives of married farangs, Merck. Steve does not specify ethnicity here.

Maybe it was somebody like your mother. :o:D

My advice let it go my friend a dude like that(and there are a few) isn't worth the trouble. If you kick his butt, which you could you would only lose big time in the court SYSTEM in Thailand which without a DOUBT would favor this fool. Just think god(buddah) that you have a good and faithfully wife :o:D best of luck. "been there done that"

I would not have a problem my wife having a Gik if my wife doesn't have a problem with me having a mia noi... seems only fair...

Seems dumb to me because it would mean that your wife would get her kicks for free while you would have to pay for your mia.

Unless I'm wrong ofcourse but my understanding is that there's no money involved with a gik unlike a mia noi where you have to pay for condo, car etc..

No money involved?? Maybe for Thai to Thai. For a Farang to Thai, I have not seen such encounters where the Farang goes for free, including paying for lunch any and all times.

Well, what does that tell us? :o

However, if money is involved and it is more or less a "service" it's not about a "Gik"!

I seem to remember you writing before that you are luk kreung, with a Thai mother and farang father. So am not sure why you then appear to be gloating about infidelity of Thai wives married to farang.

Not gloating...if I had a quarter for every time I'd have almost $1???? That is gloating?

Mate....I can assure you being hit on my 3 or less women of any category is FAR from gloating. <deleted> magic my friend.

Briggsy - yes, I was talking generally about people who have a missing 'other half' - quite common to get lonely and whatever - thanks for your observation :o

At least IMHO the average Thai wife though, living here while their husband is working elsewhere (or living in NZ completely removed from their friends and family) has more tendency to stray that a wife whose husband is 'right there' the whole time.

And thus the gyk phenomena continues.

Up to gu rue? Well....thanks ;-)

The flirtation aspect is certainly true. Women here refer to their "princess time" - the time when they were being romanced, which seems to be finite.

So, married women seek approval and affection through flirting with male colleagues and others.

Some people have to pay, others don't (thai or farang). Guess it depends on age and a few other likewise factors.

Exactly.

For instance were Bambina to be my gyk, i would probably have to adopt the 'ah-seea' role, and buy her lots of things.

But typically, couples of similar age and interest it is mostly for fun, no strings attached.

Commonplace for farang wives to get hit on, because, let's face the sad reality here, there is the perception that some foreigner's wives are willing to engage in such behaviour especially in cases where the husband is not based in Thailand; the wife gets lonely tralahalalaha boogily boo yada yada yada .

Sad but true.

If I had a quarter for every married wife of a farang that had hit upon me, I'd have like....almost $1.

Maybe they were farang wives of married farangs, Merck. Steve does not specify ethnicity here.

Here's where steveromagnino posted on the same theme a few months ago (unfaithfulness of Thai women married to farang). It was in a thread about a Thai actress Amy.

He specifically referred to Thai wives married to farang in his post:

All over the country young male students will be adding Thammassat to their list of potential universities, thanks to her. TU's PR department should make her an exgratia payments for services rendered.

I doubt anyone in Thailand has a problem with knowing Thammasaht University despite young Amy's efforts.

For her, beckons a lifetime of 'dtua eechar' and 'puan nung ek' roles. Effectively, she has probably relegated herself to the ignomony of VCD films and other low end drivel currently played by people like Nong Balloon and Nong Ying.

Worse still, she may have eliminated a chance of marrying up in the world, and may be forced to follow in Ying's footsteps and merely become a 'meea farang' in the future; all from one rather poor choice in clothing. Ah well, she won't be the first; at least once she is married to a foreigner, then all the THai guys can do her behind the foreign guy's back. I hope I am not too late in that queue; I missed the boat with a few other 'meea farang' types in the past.

Then again, maybe all will be forgotten. She looked pretty bad in that outfit though; nice rack though.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1143544

Anyhow, it's all in fun. Don't think too much!

don't worry, I never think too much!

I could be a lot more derogatory regarding giks and wives but I chose not to in this thread....well done though for finding that last posting..... I am now well in my place :o

As for nong Amy, sadly she is not one of the quarter providing ladies. Shame really.

...I could be a lot more derogatory regarding giks and wives but I chose not to in this thread...

Er..yes...maybe best not to make more derogatory comments about Thai wives and farang husbands, when one is, by their own words, the offspring of such a liason. :o

Anyhow, must dash, the Thai GIK's just arrived. And she assures me she hasn't got a farang husband. 'I no lie you!' Toodlepip and chin up old bean!

• 11 months later...
I would not have a problem my wife having a Gik if my wife doesn't have a problem with me having a mia noi... seems only fair...

I know that and so do alot of people i know some people that dont even mind driving there wives to town to ply there trade.If my g/f, gik or slut behaved in this way she would at least be expected to compensate my whormongering.

Send me her picture and i will see what i can do, though i'm not promising anything.

be careful if you end up planning a party boys - they just did a big bust :o

Good job i'm arriving back there ina few days cant wait to speak with him!!!

My advice let it go my friend a dude like that(and there are a few) isn't worth the trouble. If you kick his butt, which you could you would only lose big time in the court SYSTEM in Thailand which without a DOUBT would favor this fool. Just think god(buddah) that you have a good and faithfully wife :o:D best of luck. "been there done that"

Was thinking the same thing. I HOPE the OP reads this post! hmm how about get 'creative'?

Get your wife to have him follow her out to the parking lot, past, your car, then doubles back, she gets in the car, and you just stand there, without saying anyhting.

He has to walk by you to get back to work. he might run off.

Edited by eggomaniac

Wife goes up North and in a govt office deals with some land boundary issues, govt officer asks for her details and phone number (luckily not her BKK address) then harasses her for days despite her rebuffals saying she is married etc and then calls her in Bangkok saying he misses her like crazy and can he be her gik and her husband (me) wont know etc etc, wife is appalled at his attitude that its all ok to do this and thinks why would any woman be so dumb to hitch up to a guy that says all this. Looks like when the phone rings again when Im there he will get some verbal he wont understand but lots of shouting should do it!!! Still seems the norm there for a fair amount of men. Good job i'm arriving back there ina few days cant wait to speak with him!!! Guess there are no harrassment laws here for women , in the Uk he'd be in deep s**t.

whats the word for an expat having hanky panky with tilak while dakling is away,and getting free drinks from his monthly sponsorship money.now thats epidemic lol,so please dont keep sending money its making me ill.