Jack Golf

I wrote the following to Jack Golf

Dear Jack Golf

Do I have to have a return air ticket if I have a Non Immigrant 'O' Multiple Entry Visa?

and their reply was

Yes.

If do you have VISA,Multiple or Non-Immigrant O

You No need pay more

Thai VISA Rull is allmost Forign must bring VISA or AIR Ticket.

if dont have must pay 200 Baht ,Supplement.

if do you have dont worry. ^^

Thank you verry much

Jack

Errrrr, help, visa experts!! I have a Non Immigrant MULTIPLE ENTRY O visa. Do I need a plane/onward ticket when re-entering Thailand at Ban Laem (Cambodia)?

As posted, you do NOT need it, but given all the loot they rake in from their questionable Penang runs AND as it is their line of business, one might hope to expect a smidgen higher level of English in their communications with customers.

Edited by sriracha john

and their reply was

Yes.

You No need pay more

Thank you verry much

Jack

is their response one of those "Turing" tests to differentiate humans from computers ? :o

As posted, you do NOT need it, but given all the loot they rake in from their questionable Penang runs
Not a lot of good things said about Jack Golf recently.
Keeping away from ole Jack seems the best way to go the way things are now.

For the unaware, I apologize for not pointing out the thread to which I earlier alluded to...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=165240

Jack’s Golf Penang Service

You No need pay more

Thank you verry much

Jack

To be fair to Jack Golf, if they'd just written the above and left out the misleading "yes" at the beginning it would have been accurate information for a trip to Ban Laem (dodgy English excepted).

Edited by mike_l

Actually, this is my first time ever with Jack Golf to Ban Laem. Will keep you posted as to how the trip went with regards to service, attitude, efficiency, politeness, punctuality and driver standards.

Service: Excellent. Met and offered free coffee while paperwork was done for me

Attitude: Always willing to help

Efficiency: Was 10 mins late in departing and 1 hour late in getting back (even there was hardly any people at the border)

Politeness: 100%

Driver standards: Not bad (for a Thai!! :D ). Went pretty quickly on the country roads with a few scary overtaking moments. However, he slowed way down on the motorway coming back ( :o )

I've used Jack's Golf visa run service to the Cambodian border more than once. Not too bad, the "lunch" buffet on the other side of the border was a bit nasty, the buses arent really designed for a tall farang as myself but it was smooth. I was barely into my cold fried egg and hot dog when they guide came and got us and we were back on our way.

Is it just me, I giggled a bit after going to their website and then I said Jack Golf out loud, maybe I am just being juvenile.

As posted, you do NOT need it, but given all the loot they rake in from their questionable Penang runs
Not a lot of good things said about Jack Golf recently.
Keeping away from ole Jack seems the best way to go the way things are now.

For the unaware, I apologize for not pointing out the thread to which I earlier alluded to...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=165240

Jack’s Golf Penang Service

Actually, this is my first time ever with Jack Golf to Ban Laem. Will keep you posted as to how the trip went with regards to service, attitude, efficiency, politeness, punctuality and driver standards.

Service: Excellent. Met and offered free coffee while paperwork was done for me

Attitude: Always willing to help

Efficiency: Was 10 mins late in departing and 1 hour late in getting back (even there was hardly any people at the border)

Politeness: 100%

Driver standards: Not bad (for a Thai!! :D ). Went pretty quickly on the country roads with a few scary overtaking moments. However, he slowed way down on the motorway coming back ( :o )

Thanks for the report.

I'm particularly curious to see a similar report from a member using Jack Golf's other "service" from the other thread linked above.

Edited by sriracha john

I've used Jack's Golf visa run service to the Cambodian border more than once. Not too bad, the "lunch" buffet on the other side of the border was a bit nasty, the buses arent really designed for a tall farang as myself but it was smooth. I was barely into my cold fried egg and hot dog when they guide came and got us and we were back on our way.

Is it just me, I giggled a bit after going to their website and then I said Jack Golf out loud, maybe I am just being juvenile.

Wow!! The bus used for my trip was a double-decker with tons of leg room and a seat that reclined to almost 180 degrees! The buffet at the border hotel was better than average. There were many choices of food (incl spaghetti bolognese). The grub wasn't great, but then again, it was free and plentiful. We had plenty of time (maybe too much) in the hotel. Big A became Bigger A!!

I know border runs are a real pain in the hole, but I would definitely use Jack again.

Edited by Big A

My one and only trip with Jack Golf was early last year--never again. The "cheeky one" that had been on the job for roughly a month at that time, was not interested in answering a few basic questions from me. But, when we arrived back in BKK, she was all smiles asking for a tip for the driver. Other threads in this forum confirm her frequent requests for tips and also confirm Jack Golf visa runs suffered from numerous bus breakdowns.

Furthermore, on my visa run last week, another runner told me that on his previous visa run with Jack Golf (3 months prior), the Jack Golf guide asked for more money from everyone at the border. He felt it was a highly suspicious request which is the reason he took a different service this last trip. Other Jack Golf runners should speak up if the request for additional funds at the border is true, has become routine, or appears to be an isolated incident. In my 3+ years of visa runs, I have never been asked to give any additional money at the border.

OT: While I feel the food selection at Poi Pet is far superior to the selection at Ban Laem, Ban Laem immigration has always gone much faster for me. :o