Domestic Airconditioning Expert

SwaziBird

Please can someone put me on to an English-speaking air-con installer who can give me proper advice on my requirements for a small domestic installation ( 2 rooms ). The difficulty I am having is in finding the appropriate location for the compressors and I really need good advice.

Anyone, please ?

Thanks.

Even experts should not control where you put the compressor if you care how they look from the outside. They will suggest the compressor be as close to the inside unit as possible.

I had them put where I wanted them for house appearance sake and they work fine. One compressor is located 10 meters from the inside unit.

I went with a large appliance store that have "engineers" on staff to make repairs and installations and an English speaking salesman to arrange all. The salesman contacts the installation "engineers" for the calculations, if he doesn't know how to do it himself.

Any troubles and there have been a few with my Mitsubishi units and the repair service is a telephone and a day away. Sarapanich was my choice as they are reasonably close to the house.

I suspect Siam Plaza has good install and repair people.

Even experts should not control where you put the compressor if you care how they look from the outside. They will suggest the compressor be as close to the inside unit as possible.

I had them put where I wanted them for house appearance sake and they work fine. One compressor is located 10 meters from the inside unit.

they suggest that because that's the way to have the unit working at best efficiency which translates into energy savings.

In Thailand 1 ton per sq. ft. 12 thousand btu = 1 ton

??? :o ???

Indeed one ton does represent approximately 12,000 British thermal units, but certainly overkill when applied to a square foot area for cooling. Possibly "one square" which is approximately 10 square metres??

I went with a large appliance store that have "engineers" on staff to make repairs and installations and an English speaking salesman to arrange all. The salesman contacts the installation "engineers" for the calculations, if he doesn't know how to do it himself.

Any troubles and there have been a few with my Mitsubishi units and the repair service is a telephone and a day away. Sarapanich was my choice as they are reasonably close to the house.

I suspect Siam Plaza has good install and repair people.

Thanks fellows.

My 2 compressors face a balcony aperture ( which I still have to enclose ) and from which no protrusion to the outside is permitted. This means that the units, if stood directly in front of that aperture/window space, will take up a sizeable portion of the window and view.

I am naturally trying to preserve as much of that as is possible. What I am seeking advice about is whether, if I off-set these units to one side of the window, and direct the exhaust through some kind of enclosure which leads out to a narrower part of the window than would otherwise have been the case, I am likely to create any functional problems.

This is why I need to be able to discuss the problem , in English, on site, and I would be most appreciative if anyone could direct me to an expert who might make themselves available to help me.

Thank you for any further help.

Cheers.

In Thailand 1 ton per sq. ft. 12 thousand btu = 1 ton

??? :o ???

Indeed one ton does represent approximately 12,000 British thermal units, but certainly overkill when applied to a square foot area for cooling. Possibly "one square" which is approximately 10 square metres??

no one doubted that and in fact one ton equals exactly (not approximately) 12k btu. as far as area and cooling capacity is concerned one can say that even under a worst case scenario 12,000 btu would be overkill even for an area of 10m² (~110 sqf).

My 2 compressors face a balcony aperture ( which I still have to enclose ) and from which no protrusion to the outside is permitted. This means that the units, if stood directly in front of that aperture/window space, will take up a sizeable portion of the window and view.

I am naturally trying to preserve as much of that as is possible. What I am seeking advice about is whether, if I off-set these units to one side of the window, and direct the exhaust through some kind of enclosure which leads out to a narrower part of the window than would otherwise have been the case, I am likely to create any functional problems.

i would like to help and i think i am qualified for that, but i don't understand what you are trying to convey.