Canadian Brutally Murdered In Ranong

Mosha

Family angry with consulate for not hiring guards for slain man's Thai funeral

CALGARY - A Canadian family is angry with the Canadian consulate for failing to provide them with security as they attend the funeral of a man killed in Thailand last week.

"We feel pretty scared. You kind of fear for your own safety," said Richard Henry of Victoria, B.C., whose brother Dale George Henry, 48, was shot point blank in the head Feb. 3 in his home in Ranong, Thailand.

Dale's 27-year-old wife, a Thai woman named Manreet Nee who married him five years ago, is accused by police of hiring a hit man so she could collect on Dale's $1-million life insurance policy.

Dale's siblings have arrived in Bangkok to claim his body.

Richard had planned on going to the Ranong temple where his brother's body lies, but says he is too afraid.

Richard and sister Mary-Jane Matheson wanted the Canadian consulate to provide security to protect them, but are left having to make their own arrangements.

"That is not what I expected at all," said Matheson over the phone from Thailand. "I thought we were going to be safe. We're here to lay him to rest. This is so wrong."

Cremation and a funeral service are planned for Saturday. A Thai funeral begins Wednesday.

Family learned of Henry's death when his brother Richard was contacted by police at his home in Victoria.

Henry had been living in Thailand for the past decade, frequently flying between there and Nigeria, where he worked for a U.S.-based oil drilling company.

His marriage to Manreet Nee, who is 20 years his junior, was his first.

Henry, a Canadian who spent much of his life in the Calgary area, worked about a decade ago as a firefighter and emergency medical technician in Cochrane, Alta., before contracting as a safety consultant for oil companies.

Henry was due to return to work in Nigeria Feb. 22 after recovering from a broken leg that became infected. The injury occurred during a fall while hiking in the jungle with his wife and her friends.

Three people have been arrested in connection with Henry's death: his wife Nee, an alleged hit man and a third man, said to be Nee's lover.

Source: Vancouver Sun - 14 Febraury 2008

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With all due respect to the family of the deceased, I do not believe that the government (Canadian) is under any obligation whatsoever to provide bodyguards or other security. I have no idea where they would get the assumption that the embassy would, or should provide such a service. They certainly don't do it for anyone else (just ask Carly up there in the north). This is the first I've heard of where they (the family members) have expressed concern over their safety.

Here is an excerpt from the Foreign Affairs Travel Website:

"The decision to travel is the sole responsibility of the traveller.

The traveller is also responsible for his or her own personal safety. The purpose of this Travel Report is to provide Canadians with up-to-date information to enable them to make well-informed decisions."

The last Travel Report was updated on 7 Feb (when a Travel Warning was removed). Maybe now they will look at updating it again (though I highly doubt too many travellers actually even look at those sites before heading out).

I am saddened by Dales death, especially knowing I may have encountered him at the Phuket bike week in April (fellow Canadian, Harley rider, working overseas and living in Thailand. Who knows ?).

It's been a tragic beginning to the year for Canadians in Thailand (3 dead and 2 shot in the first 6 weeks). I am also saddened by the fact that if a fellow Canadian is murdered (or just shot), there is considerably more response and emotion than for one who dies in a vehicle accident.

RIP - Dale Henry

RIP - (John) Leo del Pinto

RIP - Kelsey Shecbanooke

But the most recent victim in Chiang Mai and his wife are being protected, even though it was a random act???

"Ling said it appeared to be a random shooting, telling CBC News she doesn't believe they were a target. The pair, who live in Dundas, Ont., are under police protection. "Right now it appears to be a random shooting," she said. "They want to make sure, because of the past shootings going on, that this is not targeted to tourists." "

With no disrespect to the couple in Chiang Mai, it looks like tourists matter, farang who live here don't.

I hope Dale's family are able to get some peace, they seem like wonderful people, as did Dale.

Edited by Netfan

But the most recent victim in Chiang Mai and his wife are being protected, even though it was a random act???

"Ling said it appeared to be a random shooting, telling CBC News she doesn't believe they were a target. The pair, who live in Dundas, Ont., are under police protection. "Right now it appears to be a random shooting," she said. "They want to make sure, because of the past shootings going on, that this is not targeted to tourists." "

With no disrespect to the couple in Chiang Mai, it looks like tourists matter, farang who live here don't.

I hope Dale's family are able to get some peace, they seem like wonderful people, as did Dale.

I don't think that's true. For the most part tourists don't matter either. Tourists with connections and money will get good groveling, but don't expect any justice.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1817893

Tonight I went to Dales funeral with my wife. It was a very simple and basic affair. I left feeling more upset than when I arrived.

The saddest thing is that none of Dales family have yet to reach Ranong to pay their respects and receive the commiserations of those friends who knew him here in Ranong. There are no family wreaths, no banners, indeed no visible input from his family at all around his coffin.

I know they had a lot of travelling to do but I assumed they had reached Bangkok already and its only a short 2 hour journey by plane to Ranong province. Now, 2 days of funeral ceromonies have passed and there is only tomorrow to meet and mourn with his friends here before the cremation on Saturday morning. He deserves better than to be surrounded by a few friends and aquaintances who knew him. Nees family are in attendance and sit conspicously quiet and respectful on the sidelines but without his real family and relatives here it all seemed hollow, empty and unbalanced.

I know they have stated that they dont feel safe here and wish for personal protection but their government does not see it the same way........I am certain that they would be given excellent protection from the police here in Ranong who have attended the funeral on both evenings. They have nothing to fear I can assure them.

So please do come guys, your brothers body and soul are here and you, his family are conspicuous by your absence at the moment. I think that we would all find it beneficial to share our memories of Dale and grieve together for the final time

JAF

The saddest thing is that none of Dales family have yet to reach Ranong to pay their respects and receive the commiserations of those friends who knew him here in Ranong. There are no family wreaths, no banners, indeed no visible input from his family at all around his coffin.

JAF

As Dale's Cousin I have to advise you that although we love Dale, speaking for myself and my own family, I look forward to Richard's return to Canada with Dale's Cremated Ashes. At this time, we as his Canadian Family will bury him in his home land in the Catholic Tradition.

I am appalled by the entire coutry of Thailand and specificaly the Ranong area. After what happened to my cousin why would I even consider honoring with banners etc a culture that has murdered my blood. While I respect that the Thai people and Expats that knew Dale would like to follow through with that tradition, I myself have little respect or need to Honour.

Further to this, if in fact the Nee Family is in attendance at this funeral, why could they not be asked politely to leave? Surely his friends could honour Dale by making sure that the Murderers are not sitting at the graveside. How inappropriate!

Tonight I went to Dales funeral with my wife. It was a very simple and basic affair. I left feeling more upset than when I arrived.

I know they had a lot of travelling to do but I assumed they had reached Bangkok already and its only a short 2 hour journey by plane to Ranong province. Now, 2 days of funeral ceromonies have passed and there is only tomorrow to meet and mourn with his friends here before the cremation on Saturday morning. He deserves better than to be surrounded by a few friends and aquaintances who knew him. Nees family are in attendance and sit conspicously quiet and respectful on the sidelines but without his real family and relatives here it all seemed hollow, empty and unbalanced.

I know they have stated that they dont feel safe here and wish for personal protection but their government does not see it the same way........I am certain that they would be given excellent protection from the police here in Ranong who have attended the funeral on both evenings. They have nothing to fear I can assure them.

So please do come guys, your brothers body and soul are here and you, his family are conspicuous by your absence at the moment. I think that we would all find it beneficial to share our memories of Dale and grieve together for the final time

JAF

I am Dales cousin and am very UPSET that the vultures(Nee's family) are at the funeral "

Nees family are in attendance and sit conspicously quiet and respectful on the sidelines" It is to my understanding , Nee's family have looted Dales house and taken everything that was of value including his life. How they have the nerve to attend is beyond me. What more can they take?? The flowers after the service!!! Why has no one asked them to leave they have no business being there!!!!!!! :D:o

JAF

As Dale's Cousin I have to advise you that although we love Dale, speaking for myself and my own family, I look forward to Richard's return to Canada with Dale's Cremated Ashes. At this time, we as his Canadian Family will bury him in his home land in the Catholic Tradition.

I am appalled by the entire coutry of Thailand and specificaly the Ranong area. After what happened to my cousin why would I even consider honoring with banners etc a culture that has murdered my blood. While I respect that the Thai people and Expats that knew Dale would like to follow through with that tradition, I myself have little respect or need to Honour.

Further to this, if in fact the Nee Family is in attendance at this funeral, why could they not be asked politely to leave? Surely his friends could honour Dale by making sure that the Murderers are not sitting at the graveside. How inappropriate!

I dont wish too add to anyones grief but I invariably might by reporting anything I seen at his funeral but I really am just reporting on what was a sad and basic ceremony for what was apparently such a wonderful guy. I met the man and he was a very friendly guy and I just thought and still think that more organisation and involvement with someone from Dales family would have given him a more dignified and appropiate send off.

As I said before I did not see one wreath or message of grief from Dales family but I did see a few from the local expats and one from Nees family. Nees family are openly rejected and keep themselves to themselves but it has to be said that it is Nees family who are participating with the rituals and staying with the body day and night until the time of cremation. thats why I said it seemed unbalanced........ surely it should be his family who should be with his body ? I know that Nees family would step aside if Dales family where here....they step aside whenever the expats come to pay their respects

I have had one member of thai visa contact me regarding ordering a wreath to display round the coffin tomorrow. I will try to do my best to help you out as as I think Dale deserved more

JAF

Hi this too is another cousin Tracy. First of all I have tried to find out which temple he is at and second when searching my computer almost died from a virus! Due to the fact it was Valentine's day yesterday for you and today for us it is almost impossible to order flowers online. However, if we knew the name and address of the temple I would do my best to get flowers to it today. I understand Richard will be bringing back Dale's remains and having a ceremony here in Saskatchewan. At that time, I know a lot of the family would like to be here for that. It is unfortunate that Mary Jane and Richard are not there to meet with you all at this very sad time. Please try to understand that Mary Jane especially is very afraid as she is not a world traveller and feels very afraid to go to the community where Dale was murdered. You must understand where she is coming from.

As for the Nee's family being at the funeral I will reserve judgement as we don't know if they were part of the scheme or not. I understand they may have taken stuff from his place, however that too has not been proved as far as I know. I do know they have been in the house. I don't understand why the police did not lock it up after the crime was committed. In any event, we here in Saskatchewan from the Henry clan, and we are quite substantial (large Metis group) would like to express our sincere condolences to Richard and Mary Jane. They already know this, but thought I would say it publically.

As some of you know their father (Dale, MJ & Richard) died when they were quite young. As a result most of the Henry family had not been in contact on a regular basis with Dale, MJ and Richard as they lived away from Saskatchewan with their mother. I only reconnected with Jacklyn, Colleen, MJ and Dale about 10 years ago. We here are doing our best to support MJ and Richard. It will be really nice to see Richard again when he arrives in Saskatchewan. To all of you paying your respects to Dale, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I do believe that Thailand is a beautiful country and we mean to disrespect however there are still very high emotions involved and with time hopefully the hearts of each of us will heal.

I'm not sure if Richard and MJ will make it Friday, however if they don't I just want to say do not pass judgement of them for not attending. Regarding the rest of the family we have not meant any disrespect to Dale for not sending a bannner or flowers, as I truly hadn't thought of it. For some reason I thought a buddist ceremony would not have included flowers. We here did not know the custom and do not know anyone in Thailand, so forgive me specifically for my ignorance. Lastly, again to all of the people that made his ceremony possible a huge THANK YOU! It shows Dale was a true blue fellow, kind and had great friends.

JAF

I dont wish too add to anyones grief but I invariably might by reporting anything I seen at his funeral but I really am just reporting on what was a sad and basic ceremony for what was apparently such a wonderful guy. I met the man and he was a very friendly guy and I just thought and still think that more organisation and involvement with someone from Dales family would have given him a more dignified and appropiate send off.

As I said before I did not see one wreath or message of grief from Dales family but I did see a few from the local expats and one from Nees family. Nees family are openly rejected and keep themselves to themselves but it has to be said that it is Nees family who are participating with the rituals and staying with the body day and night until the time of cremation. thats why I said it seemed unbalanced........ surely it should be his family who should be with his body ? I know that Nees family would step aside if Dales family where here....they step aside whenever the expats come to pay their respects

I have had one member of thai visa contact me regarding ordering a wreath to display round the coffin tomorrow. I will try to do my best to help you out as as I think Dale deserved more

JAF

I have emailed the clan and hope to hear from them soon. Thank you for your offer. We will get back to you soon.

Rest in peace Dale and again my condolences to his family.

In the part of this universe that we know there is great injustice,

and often the good suffer, and often the wicked prosper,

and one hardly knows which of those is the more annoying.

Bertrand Russell

JAF

I am saddened at the post made. It is disheartening to say the least that a view like this has been taken. Mary-Jane was bombarded with media wanting to help get the news of Dale's brutal murder publicized in order to seek the justice he so very much deserves. Right up to the minute Mary-Jane borded her flight, which by the way took her quite awhile to get a flight. She then had to transfer flights there were stop overs, to get to Thailand as fast as she could. All the while confused, grief stricken, scared for not only her safety but the safety of her younger brother Richard. If you have read prior posts from other people, I believe there is a link to an interview with Richard while he is packing to leave for Thailand right away as well. I don't believe flowers were of the utmost importance at this time. I speak for my family here in Calgary and am sure it is also the fact with many of Dales family, as we are all shocked, angry, and frozen with grief, flowers were not the most important detail in our minds. We also are not aware of the funeral customs in Thailand. I only went online yesterday in search of Buddhist ceremonial customs for funerals. I found that funerals traditionally last for a week. and crying is discouraged during the funeral, so as not to worry the spirit of the deceased. In doing this I found a most important detail of why it is deemed necessary for family to attend the ceremonies. There is an enormous amount of fear that if the family does not pay its respects by attending the funeral that the spirit of the dead relative will most definitely return as a malicious spirit as is the case here. Just because Nee's family is in attendance DOES NOT mean that they are there for the same reason that Dale's siblings and friends are there. So yes, Nee's family sits quietly and what seems like respectful, but that is their custom and what is expected of them. In no way would we ever disrespect someone that we looked upon with so much awe for Dale was an exceptional human being exceeding the best of characters...we loved him with all our hearts and it hurts us to know that someone might feel otherwise.

Don't fool yourself for one second that there is any disrespect on Mary-Jane's and Richard's part for not being in attendance for the beginning of the funeral ceremony for that is just another break in their already broken hearts. They have done everything humanly possible to get to Thailand and you cannot possibly begin to understand what they have been going through under these extremely difficult and confusing circumstances. You should never ever want to be in their shoes. Richard and Mary-Jane instantly put their lives on hold and began their journey for justice for an older brother that they adored and loved more than you will ever know, they were in constant contact with media, they worked around the clock endlessly in search of answers, and tried to find flights out as soon as they could. Because of flight transfers and delays their journey was most upsetting and frustrating. It is not their fault that they did not arrive in time for the first two days of the funeral, no body is at fault. But somebody, actually more than one somebody is at fault for Mary-Jane and Richard to be struggling with the brutal murder of their big brother Dale.

What the focus of this whole tragic ordeal should be is that Dale was murdered in cold blood by people he loved and trusted and now they should have to pay the price. We have to say good-bye to someone we all loved very much due to the selfish greed of a wife and her lover and her family, it is not fair...or have you already forgotten this most important detail.

Guys,

Lets not turn our anger on the family. I think everyone is losing their way. Can we calm a little. Nobody has done anything wrong. Mary Jane and Richard are trying their best. They don't know Thailand as well as the rest of us. They are perfectly entitled to fear for their safety whether they are in danger or not. It is how 'they' feel. Our support is what is required.

This is a time for everyone to pull together, not apart. Misguided comments by some of the nutter expat foriegners should be ignored.

Go back and read the posts. Dale was a wonderful, kind man cut down way too early by a wicked witch and her henchmen.

I do oppose her family being at the funeral. Don't forget the text she sent to her uncle (that's family in my country). She sent a text message to her 'family' saying: 'you must go to the funeral and behave normally'. That is all part of the premeditation and confirmation that her 'family' was in on it. And apart from the murder, the remaining 'family' that weren't involved in pulling the trigger went around and looted his house - confirmed.

No the 'family' should not be there. Thai bad karma will catch up with them. After all that is what 'they' believe.

I apologise to Dales family in Canada for some of the stupid comments. I understand that people cannot just drop everything when these things happen. No matter how much anyone from Canada would have tried to arrange flowers it would have been almost impossible without a local contact.

Also, please don't hate Thailand or Ranong. There are some wonderful Thais and foreigners around. All countries have a bad element.

Again, RIP Dale. We won't forget.

Just to let all of you know the person that posted the comments about his side of the family not being at the funeral has stepped up and will get msgs to the temple late this morning our around noon on behalf of us. I didn't take any offence as I was ignorant to the tradition and again would like to thank him profusely for taking on this responsibility on our behalf.

Cousin Tracy

Just to let all of you know the person that posted the comments about his side of the family not being at the funeral has stepped up and will get msgs to the temple late this morning our around noon on behalf of us. I didn't take any offence as I was ignorant to the tradition and again would like to thank him profusely for taking on this responsibility on our behalf.

Cousin Tracy

Richard is already there

I was in a bar last night in Singapore. Quite rare for me down here but it was a bad day at work.

Just by accident a guy who works in O&G sat on the same table and I recognised his accent from the north east of England. We chatted about life in general and how we had ended up in Asia as managers etc after we started as apprentices down the coal mine and ICI.

Then Thailand came up and then this tragic incident.

RIP Dale - people all over are thinking about you. You were a big big man!

first of all, thankyou all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words. I would also like to thank our relatives who stepped up in our defense, which should not have been needed. Thankyou to this board, Mods etc. Or we would know nothing. I think it is a time for people to come together and cast your judgments aside unless of course you have walked in these shoes. Our families shoes are worn and tired. Our Father passed away several years ago, our mother raised us alone. Our mother was diagnosed with cancer and my husband and I took her to appts and wig fittings etc. Then my husband (of 21 years) passed away during all of this. Richard came from Victoria and Dale from Thailand. I was really in a bad head space. Then I was diagnosed with a brain tumor ....blah blah (hey...there is another excuse for being a chicken)

Not long before our mother passed away in 2000 we started rescuing feral cats (wild) Our winters get very nasty, cats were frozen to sides of buildings trying to keep warm. This did not sit well with us. It was kind of funny, we had NO idea what we had gotten ourselves into!! We had to rig up all sorts of cages cause you don't just open a door and put your hand in to feed them. We had two foot long sticks with spoons attached to hand feed (oh it was so funny...more tears...but laughing ones this time) Litter box change time, Ring ring...Mary-Jane you have to come over. My poor mom was so afraid (Hey thats why I am such a chicken) I wore welders gloves and had sticks to manuever things...one cat got out and litterally attached himself to the wall...anyways, Dale loved cats (animals in general) and when my mom passed away, two of the rescues, Cleo and Magoo (tamed ones) he had shipped to Thailand. He thought they would have a wonderful life with him. Like bringing a bit of home with him to his new found paradise. He was devastated Cleo got out 3 days after arriving and he never found her. Richard, he took "Baby" my moms dog home to Victoria. We are all animal lovers and feel sorry for everything and everyone. I live on a little farm now, which is good but very bad...I have a rescue donkey "Elmo" and "Jake" a great pyrenese who was beaten and left in a chicken coop (very beautiful loving dog).

I write these things to give a very tiny bit of insight into us as human beings (not monsters or unkind people) I will now try to get a flight down to Ranong...is that where the Wat is?? or do I travel on from there? (ummmm....fear setting in again, I better take my meds...just kidding, really!) And Richard doesn't help, he is a prankster just like Dale was. Were walking outside in Bankok and I'll be standing looking at something and someone starts tugging on my purse...ya him...or I;ll get grabbed all of a sudden from behind ...him again!! One more story...I'm bad I through a cigarette butt on the road crossing and I had every intention of picking it up but (go get it and get hit by a car or run across) Richard says you can't do that ...oh no here comes a policeman...I told him to F.Off I had enough of his scaring me. Tap Tap...waved his arm to come with him...I am short so I am practically running to keep up and he keeps looking back to make sure I'm not going to flee?? (that would sure not even cross my mind :o I look back and wonder where Richard and Tik are and I can't see them anywhere. We pass these big iron gates and the officer taps on them (I thought No way...jail!) Then we keep walking (running)I look back again and thank goodness I see Richard and Tik. He takes me to a booth thing on the sidewalk and Tik talks to this other officer and I only got a 500baht fine. See, I have to be on guard all the time with two prankster brothers.

So thankyou everyone once again, now it's back to reality. Just needed a good laugh.

Take care and see you soon.

Can anyone from the family contact me so that I can include your personal messages on the wreaths that you have ordered. I have an order for 5 wreaths and 4 cards and the florist wantsto deliver the wreaths and cards in the next hour

thanks guys

JAF

I am sure a simple Rest in Peace Dale , we will never forget you~ LOVE your Family

Would be enough. Can you please take pictures of the wreaths around the casket for family members

Can anyone from the family contact me so that I can include your personal messages on the wreaths that you have ordered. I have an order for 5 wreaths and 4 cards and the florist wantsto deliver the wreaths and cards in the next hour

thanks guys

Thank you for all that you have done for us on that end.....

thanks guys

Hi there

It was my pleasure to help you guys out at what is the most difficult of times to have to deal with right now. After I ordered all the wreaths I went onto the temple and met Richard which was nice. He was just on his way to the police station to enquire about further developments. Things are looking positive in that regard.

It was a nice turnout tonight and it looked a lot more cheerful and befitting tonight for Dale with all of the wreaths laid around. I know Richard is being looked after well and is given every assistance so rest assured he is amongst Dales friends here. Richard has already taken care of the bil for the wreaths and cardsl so there is no need for any of you guys to worry about that and I am in the process of uploading the photos of the funeral to you guys right now...... please forgive the time waiting but it can be very slow on the internet in Thailand but as soon as they are uploaded Iwill send them

If there is anything else that my wife and I can do to be of any assistance, then please dont hesitate to ask

Regards

JAF

Some real positive developments have come about he called me a while ago...I hope for Richard to come on and reveal the great news. I am very Proud of my brother. Thankyou to the Thai Police.

Mary-Jane. I've seen Richard, he's fine and in good hands. I surprised him with one local custom, Dale wanted a Thai funeral, well part of that custom is friends help with the cost. He asked what he should so with with the money. Farang answer, buy beer. He is working on a getting drunk as I type. I wish I could have stayed with him tonight.

thanks guys

Hi there

It was my pleasure to help you guys out at what is the most difficult of times to have to deal with right now. After I ordered all the wreaths I went onto the temple and met Richard which was nice. He was just on his way to the police station to enquire about further developments. Things are looking positive in that regard.

It was a nice turnout tonight and it looked a lot more cheerful and befitting tonight for Dale with all of the wreaths laid around. I know Richard is being looked after well and is given every assistance so rest assured he is amongst Dales friends here. Richard has already taken care of the bil for the wreaths and cardsl so there is no need for any of you guys to worry about that and I am in the process of uploading the photos of the funeral to you guys right now...... please forgive the time waiting but it can be very slow on the internet in Thailand but as soon as they are uploaded Iwill send them

If there is anything else that my wife and I can do to be of any assistance, then please dont hesitate to ask

Regards

JAF

My appreciation for your genreous offer is great. Thank you to both you and your wife, we are very grateful as well.

It has been brought to my attention that there are many wonderful Thai women here in Calgary, and I'm sure as far as this news has reached, that they do not wish to be placed in the same category as that of Dale's selfish, ungrateful and cold blooded wife. They are disgusted at the people who commited such a brutal killing, their hearts go out to Dale's greiving family and friends. We hope that everyone will realize that there is no animosity towards Thai women in general, there is no reason for a hatred such as that. Dale had many Thai friends that he held in the highest regard as he did all Thai people. Dale never could have loved Thailand as much as he did had it not been for the respect of all the people, man, woman, and child. Dale was a big man with a very big and peaceful heart as you can see by all the beautiful memories posted on this forum.

Please rest assured that we do not feel any bitter resentments to the Thai people, just the one's that took part in Dale's brutal murder.

They are the one's who stole Dale from us, they are the one's who took such a significant part of our lives and silenced it with a premeditated and despicable force.

Our intentions are not to disgrace or offend the women of Thailand, whether you live here, there or elsewhere, we hold no grudge against you or have any bad thoughts of you. We do not wish you any bad will and hope that you will find comfort in reading this and knowing this. Dale loved Thailand, the culture and customs as well as the people. The last thing he would want is for people to form a terrible opinion of a gender or a population as a whole. We thank you for your prayers and your kind thoughts.

There are two women in particular that I would like to thank and unfortunately I am unable to name name's at their humble request. If you are reading this, please know that I am speaking of you...you have been so wonderful and have gone above and beyond to help Mary-Jane and Richard out. Your ever so fast response, offers of assistance and contacts here and in Thailand are overwhelming, we cannot find the perfect words to say how grateful we are for that, for you. "Pay it forward"...we always do...we are so very grateful...icon12.gif

It has been brought to my attention that the many wonderful Thai women living here in Calgary, and I'm sure as far as this news has reached, do not wish for the actions of one woman to be reflected on all women or put all women in the same category as that of Dale's selfish, ungrateful and cold blooded wife. They are disgusted at the people who commited such a brutal killing, and their hearts go out to Dale's greiving family and friends. We hope that everyone will realize that there is no animosity towards Thai women or women in general, there is no reason for a hatred such as that. Dale had many Thai friends that he held in the highest regard as he did all Thai people. Dale never could have loved Thailand as much as he did had it not been for the respect he had for all the people, man, woman, and child. Dale was a big man with a very big and peaceful heart as you can see by all the beautiful memories posted on this forum.

Please feel rest assured that we do not harbour any bitterness towards the people of Thailand, just the one's that took part in Dale's brutal murder.

They are the one's who stole Dale from us, they are the one's who took such a significant part of our lives and silenced it with a premeditated and despicable force.

Our intentions are not to disgrace or offend anyone of Thai decent, whether you live here, there or elsewhere, we hold no grudge against you or have any bad thoughts of you. We do not wish you any bad will and hope that you will find comfort in reading this and also knowing this. Dale loved Thailand, the culture and customs as well as the people. The last thing he would want is for people to form a terrible opinion of a gender or a population as a whole. We thank you for your prayers and your kind thoughts.

There are two women in particular that I would like to thank and unfortunately I am unable to name name's at their humble request. If you are reading this, please know that I am speaking of you...you have been so wonderful and have gone above and beyond to help Mary-Jane and Richard out. Your ever so fast response, offers of assistance and contacts here and in Thailand are overwhelming, we cannot find the perfect words to say how grateful we are for that, for you. "Pay it forward"...we always do...we are so very grateful...icon12.gif

It has been brought to my attention that there are many wonderful Thai women here in Calgary, and I'm sure as far as this news has reached, that they do not wish to be placed in the same category as that of Dale's selfish, ungrateful and cold blooded wife. They are disgusted at the people who commited such a brutal killing, their hearts go out to Dale's greiving family and friends. We hope that everyone will realize that there is no animosity towards Thai women in general, there is no reason for a hatred such as that. Dale had many Thai friends that he held in the highest regard as he did all Thai people. Dale never could have loved Thailand as much as he did had it not been for the respect of all the people, man, woman, and child. Dale was a big man with a very big and peaceful heart as you can see by all the beautiful memories posted on this forum.

Please rest assured that we do not feel any bitter resentments to the Thai people, just the one's that took part in Dale's brutal murder.

Our intentions are not to disgrace or offend the women of Thailand, whether you live here, there or elsewhere, we hold no grudge against you or have any bad thoughts of you. We do not wish you any bad will and hope that you will find comfort in reading this and knowing this. Dale loved Thailand, the culture and customs as well as the people. The last thing he would want is for people to form a terrible opinion of a gender or a population as a whole. We thank you for your prayers and your kind thoughts.

ahhhhh!

note to self, Preview Post before hitting Add Reply

my apologies for not editing this one prior to posting it, due to the mind thinking faster than the fingers can type along with numerous interruptions, the wording is terrible, the first post is this one edited and is clearer - at least I hope so

thank you for your patience with me

also I hope you know what I mean because it keeps posting more of the same thing when all I want to do is edit it - sorry - I'll quit now

Edited by Dianne

I understand what it was that attracted Dale to Thailand.It was the Beauty of the land that was surrounded by some amazing people , in our time of need they stepped up to the plate and gave there all without hesitation. We have shared some great memories of Dale and days gone by and I thank each and everyone of you at Thaivisa for making this all possible. I would also like to thank "justanotherfarang" for helping us with the flowers, "Mosha"for helping keep us up to date and "Wombat6".

Rest in peace Dale......... :o I hope we will see eachother again on the other side

post-57780-1203128480_thumb.jpg

post-57780-1203128902_thumb.jpg