'blue Book' In Thailand

uncola

i bought a new volvo s80 diesel in '05. what is the value of it now if i want to sell it? i paid 2.9 million 26 months ago. i have asked volvo, they don't really know. i asked a couple of magazines who list used cars and they gave me prices that sounds like if i agreed to sell it for that the owner of the magazine would buy it. i suppose he would. were is a realiable souce in thailand to get an answer?

uncola

i bought a new volvo s80 diesel in '05. what is the value of it now if i want to sell it? were is a realiable souce in thailand to get an answer?

uncola

I've twice used the "comparison" method to estimate the value my cars when selling them. I don't rely upon prices given by dealers and tents, instead I consider only private party asking prices when setting my asking price. The prices of the dealers and tents are only slightly more reliable than the totally unreliable (IMHO) used prices given in the local magazines. Principally, I've used these two websites: www.taladrod.com and www.rotbarn.com

There is a Thai magazine that lists the used prices of all cars, [it is the size of ‘what Car’ in the UK] there are about 6 pages in the middle of the mag.

Look in the different mags in a book/newspaper shop, the one I have looked at many times in the past is thick and bigger than A4, cost I believe 60 baht. It is all in Thai with a glossy cover and glossy coloured pics inside

i bought a new volvo s80 diesel in '05. what is the value of it now if i want to sell it? i paid 2.9 million 26 months ago. i have asked volvo, they don't really know. i asked a couple of magazines who list used cars and they gave me prices that sounds like if i agreed to sell it for that the owner of the magazine would buy it. i suppose he would. were is a realiable souce in thailand to get an answer?

uncola

I sincerely wish you luck. The sticker in the back window, 'Volvo for Life', says it all. I am told that for the past year or so even Volvo dealers in Thailand won't take your used one in part/ex for a new one. If you find this to be true, best give it regular good services and plan to keep it until the depreciation curve turns the other way................maybe only 25 years?!

Don't get me wrong, they are brilliantly good cars but they are not a market success here in Thailand.