New Cabinet Appointed

george

Even a most shallow analysis of modern Thai history would show that this govt. easily surpasses that of others over past decades in the convicted and suspected criminal stakes.

One does not have to be a defender of the current lamentable government to know the above is inaccurate and frankly rather silly hyperbole.Despite the inclusion in minor posts of riff raff yobs like Luuk Chalerm etc, it doesn't contain mass murderers which cannot be said for some previous administrations.One wonders whether you actually have done the reading or reserch to have an understanding of the extensive criminality in some Thai governments since WW2. Forgive me if I take your "shallow analysis" comment with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Hey Younghusband you manipulative <deleted>!! You have purposefully removed the word "two" to make my statement read like you would like to see it, so as to suit your own distorted view of Thai history. I wrote "two decades" i.e. going back to post Prem and Chatchai era, but you start talking about post WW2. OK, let's just change the goalposts and try and score cheap points when one is desperately thrashing around looking for excuses for your occasional hero Thaksin. Sad the depths some people will sink to...... :o

So, tell us all about the "mass murderers" you're referring to since Chatchai (excepting Suchinda) and tell us exactly which govt. contained the greater number of convicted criminals than this present "lamentable government" (hand-picked by your paragon of virture Toxin). :D

I'm not sure how you can keep a straight face and type in "excepting Suchinda".As usual those defeated in argument resort to insults and the tired old "Thaksin is your hero" refrain.

Better than resorting to doctoring other's posts to suit one's own twisted hyperbole I guess. :D You really scraped the barrel with that one YH.

Now answer the question about the other "Criminal Cabinets" with records to surpass this current one? :D

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minister of Industry commends Mr. Chonsawas on decision to pass on ministry post

Deputy Prime Minister and Ministry of Industry Suwit Khunkitti (สุวิทย์ คุณกิตติ) has commended Mr. Chonsawas Asavahame (ชนม์สวัสดิ์ อัศวเหม) whom is the son of Mr. Suwit’s Pua Pan Din party Chief Advisor Wattana Asavahame (วัฒนา อัศวเหม) in his decision to pass on taking up a post within the Interior Ministry for fears of bringing the government image into question.

Mr. Suwit stated that Mr. Chonsawas has shown a great deal of spirit and should be commended for setting an example of ethical conduct to society. Mr. Chonsawas has decided not take an assistant secretarial position within the Interior Ministry to alleviate criticisms that the new government is practicing nepotism.

When asked whether Mr. Chonsawas’ actions would affect the recent appointment of Minister of Interior Police Captain Chalerm Yoobamrung’s son Wan Yoobamrung as an assistant secretary within the Ministry of Public Health, Mr. Suwit stated that Mr. Chonsawas’ actions were of his decision and were not designed to interfere or pressure other people.

The Deputy Prime Minister may have to meet with Deputy Minister of the Interior Ministry Sittichai Khowsurat (สิทธิชัย โควสุรัตน์) to decide on a replacement for Mr. Chonsawas.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 22 Febuary 2008

Thai gov't has always been filled with criminals.......maybe as the population becomes more educated (educational levels are increasing here) the voters will become more discriminating....maybe not.

Chownah

Even a most shallow analysis of modern Thai history would show that this govt. easily surpasses that of others over past two decades in the convicted and suspected criminal stakes. It would also indicate that speculation over increasing paper education levels are not so far leading to more discriminating voters, in fact seemingly the obvious when Samak can first be voted in as Bangkok Governor in the city where he played such a key role in bloody events in the 1970's and voters are known to be "most educated" and now as PM, after such a distinguished career of brutality, corruption and mismanagement in public office.

But we know you love to play devil's advocate Chownah and mostly people seem to indulge you your little fanciful whims and strange takes on reality. I guess this board needs people like you to avoid the regular perps getting too complacent. :o

I agree that a shallow analysis might support your statement.....heck, a shallow analysis might support ANY statement.....but even though a "shallow analysis" often means "biased interpretation" (this sort of thing fits in really well here on this forum where just about all the posts are based on shallow analysis) I'd like to see a shallow analysis of some previous gov't...can you provide one?...how about a shallow list of everyone in the gov't for starters......I won't hold my breath.

A devil's advocate will take any side to create an arguement....don't think that's what I'm doing but you are entitled to your opinion and to express it here. I wouldn't say that without me the regular perps would be complacent....they would probably be bored since they seem to have gotten a bit desperate since those people who like to think about whether Toxin's policies were right or wrong (instead of just declaring all of them bogus at the outset) have by and large stopped posting. What I like about it is that its fun to read some of the ridiculous replys to my posts....sometimes their replies are very revealing.

Chownah

Here's a profile of everyone in the present govt. for your benefit Chownah, courtesy of The Nation. Not sure if it is "shallow" enough for you, but you can check out the crims, chao por and various lowlifes amongst this hall of shame.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008...s_30064620.php

I wonder if you or Younghusband can demonstrate a previous Cabinet with a worse record than this one over past TWO decades from a democratic election?

I won't hold my breath either....... :D

1203682508.jpg

DSI: Top investigator suddenly transferred

BANGKOK – Sunai Manomai-udom, Director-General of Thailand's Department of Special Investigation (DSI), was transferred suddenly late Friday to become acting secretary-general of a newly-established public sector anti-corruption agency effective Monday.

Mr. Sunai, 59, told journalists that he had received a telephone call from Charan Pakdithanakul, Permanent Secretary for Justice, Friday evening informing him that he would be transferred to the new agency, which he helped found, and that he would take charge of the new agency from Monday.

Justice Sunai was appointed Director-General of the DSI, the nation's top investigative agency, on November 14, 2006 by the government of then Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont. As head of DSI, he was in charge of many significant cases that involved former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra and his famliy. His new position is in the Office for the Prevention and Suppression of Corruption by Government Officials which is a newly established agency to focus on corruption involving junior government officials, only up civil service Level 8.

Mr. Charan said that he met earlier with Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat who discussed the transfer.

Pol. Col. Thawee Sodsong, now deputy secretary-general of Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), will succeed Justice Sunai as acting director-general of DSI. He was formerly deputy chief of DSI before being transferred to ONCB by the Surayud government.

- TNA

Chalerm wants to see governors every day

Interior Minister Chalerm Yubamrung wants provincial governors to take turns meeting him at his house each day to discuss his policies. Chalerm made the proposal during yesterday's meeting with provincial governors from across the nation at the Institute of Administration Development in Pathum Thani, where he gave them instructions to implement the Interior Ministry's policies. He said he wanted to have discussions with each provincial governor to learn about the problems and obstacles each province is facing. Chalerm said he would tell the Interior Ministry Permanent Secretary to make arrangements for the governors to see him. A governor should show up at his house by 8am each morning, he said. He would take the governor in his car to his office, have a discussion, and they would have lunch together. The governor would then return to his province in the afternoon. All of the 75 appointed governors, except the elected Bangkok governor, would take turns coming to see him from Monday to Friday, he said. Chalerm also spoke about his campaign to restore social order, and stressed the need for provincial governors to strictly enforce the law. To boost the morale of local officials, the Interior Minister said he would see to it that Deputy Provincial Governors and District Chiefs would also have a bullet-proof car each. Now only provincial governors can use these vehicles.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Feb2008_news09.php

Edited by sriracha john

SJ, I though it was just me that saw that but yes the list is astonishing. I wonder what countries will even want to do business with them. Most every deal will bring about an investigation in both countries knowing there will be some graft involved or no deal. This is not good for the face of Thailand in the eyes of the world for sure.

I cant help but wonder...

German minister's tour to bypass Thailand

Berlin (dpa) - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier aims to boost contacts with the growth region of South-East Asia when he visits Indonesia, Singapore and Vietnam at the head of a delegation of parliamentarians and business leaders next week.

The five-day trip begins Tuesday in Jakarta, when Steinmeier meets President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Foreign Minister N Hassan Wirajuda.

He is also to hold talks with new Asean secretary-general Surin Pitsuwan, but the media release on the trip from the German Foreign Ministry on Friday did not say why Steinmeier will bypass Thailand on the trip. Thailand is to become chairman of Asean in July, under a rotating system.

More: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126093

Chalerm wants to see governors every day

Interior Minister Chalerm Yubamrung wants provincial governors to take turns meeting him at his house each day to discuss his policies. Chalerm made the proposal during yesterday's meeting with provincial governors from across the nation at the Institute of Administration Development in Pathum Thani, where he gave them instructions to implement the Interior Ministry's policies. He said he wanted to have discussions with each provincial governor to learn about the problems and obstacles each province is facing. Chalerm said he would tell the Interior Ministry Permanent Secretary to make arrangements for the governors to see him. A governor should show up at his house by 8am each morning, he said. He would take the governor in his car to his office, have a discussion, and they would have lunch together. The governor would then return to his province in the afternoon. All of the 75 appointed governors, except the elected Bangkok governor, would take turns coming to see him from Monday to Friday, he said. Chalerm also spoke about his campaign to restore social order, and stressed the need for provincial governors to strictly enforce the law. To boost the morale of local officials, the Interior Minister said he would see to it that Deputy Provincial Governors and District Chiefs would also have a bullet-proof car each. Now only provincial governors can use these vehicles.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Feb2008_news09.php

Social Order! You only have to look at the socially disruptive misfits in the gov and start there. It will just be another excuse to trample on peoples' freedoms. Night life watch out there is a Charlem about!

ChonsawatAsavahame.jpg

Chonsawat Asavahame

Chonsawat Gives Up Secretarial Seat at Interior Ministry

Chonsawat Asavahame, son of Puea Pandin Party Chief Advisor Vatana Asavahame, decided to turn down his recent appointment as Secretary to the Deputy Interior Minister after being tormented from massive criticism against his qualifications and appropriateness in accepting the position.

Prior to his recent appointment, Chonsawat was still facing charges for illegally detaining a police officer and refusing to take an alcohol breath test at a highway patrol checkpoint on New Petchburi Road on May 21, 2007.

Chonsawat, the son of former Samut Prakan Mayor Vatana Asavahame was widely criticized for his notorious behavior by assaulting others with his societal status of being a son of a powerful politician.

He claimed that he must first clear himself of legal charges in order to win the society’s trust before accepting any government post.

One day after his official appointment, Chonsawat faxed in his resignation to the office of Deputy Interior Minister Sitthichai Kowsurat, addressing the minister and the mass media.

Chonsawat reportedly, declined to accept any phone calls from reporters, which his close aide insisted that he had resigned from the post.

In a separate development, newly appointed Government Spokesman Police Lieutenant-General Wichianchot Sukchotrat yesterday dismissed a speculation that Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej was disappointed about his recent appointment.

Wichianchot, who is close to deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, insisted that he has great confidence in accepting such post, for he has spent his entire life time studying politics and had once served as Deputy Justice Permanent Secretary and a member of the National Counter Corruption Commission. *up until he disgracefully resigned after a prison sentence was handed down on him*

The Police Lieutenant-General claimed that he and the exiled premier had attended Class 24 of the Royal Police Cadet Academy together before serving in the Police Force.

- Thailand Outlook

WanYoobumrung.jpg

Deputy Public Health Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul is greeted by the Secretary to the Deputy Public Health Minister Wan Yoobumrung

New Secretary to Deputy Public Health Minister Reports for Duty

Amidst widespread public criticism on his appointment as Secretary to the Deputy Public Health Minister, Wan Yoobumrung reported for his first day of work at the ministry. His father, Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobumrung, says he’s not ready to give interviews to the media, but insists he’s ready to take the post.

Veteran politician and Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobumrung says Wan Yoobumrung has reported for his first day of work as assistant secretary to the Public Health Minister since early this morning.

Chalerm says his son is not ready to talk to the press about this appointment as of yet. He’s calling for the press to give Wan time to get to work and familiarize himself with his new job.

Deputy Public Health Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul admitted to reporters he has never personally met Wan and said he’s more familiar with his father, Chalerm.

For the first three months, the Deputy Public Health Minister is expected to allow Wan to observe how he performs his duties as Deputy Public Health Minister.

Chaovarat says he’s not worried about the public’s criticisms of Wan being appointed as his Secretary. He says Wan will be working for the ministry and his performance will be reviewed fairly and transparently by the ministry.

Wan Yoobumrung has been alledgedly involved in many confrontations during his frequent visits to nightclubs and bars in Bangkok and other provinces of Thailand. Many of the cases had involved his father, Chalerm Yoobumrung, acting as a mediator to pacify the parties involved.

Wan was a co-defendant in the execution-style murder of a policeman in a Bangkok nightclub in 2001. He was acquitted after a three-year trial, but banned from entering entertainment establishments for two years.

- Thailand Outlook

Image888999.jpg

Government Spokesperson Wichienchote Sukchoterat

First Day in Office for Government's Spokesperson Team

The faces of the new government's spokesperson team have been unveiled to the public. The team says it is confident it can perform its duties well.

Government Spokesperson Wichienchote Sukchotrut and one of his two deputies, Suparat Nakbynnam, paid homage this morning to the shrine at the Government House on their first day of duty.

Wichienchot said in a press conference that his appointment did not come from the instruction of exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and he believes he will perform well in his new job.

Meanwhile, Suparat says she will apply her 20 years of experience in the mass media industry to serve her position and adds that she is ready to listen to all viewpoints from all parties.

Suparat also states she is not worried about the outspoken nature of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, as it is just his character.

Another Deputy Government Spokesperson, Nutthawut Saikeor, insists his background of being a core member for the anti-junta PTV group will have no impact on how he does job, but he admits he must adjust the way he expresses himself.

He adds the resignation of Chonsawat Asavahame, newly appointed Secretary to Deputy Interior Minister, will not pressure him to resign from the government spokesperson team as the nature of libel charges he is facing are different from the one filed against Chonsawat. *His other pending charges of inciting a riot and wire-tapping are, indeed, different, as well.*

- Thailand Outlook

Edited by sriracha john

Bangkok Post Breaking News 23-02-2008

Angkana says ex-DSI chief life under threat

(BangkokPost.com) - Sunai Manomai-udom was threatened to life before he was transferred from Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief on Friday, Angkana Neelapaijit, wife of missing lawyer Somchai, said Saturday.

Mrs Angkana said she met Mr Sunai on Friday, before the transfer, and he told her about the threats.

DSI is currently investigating the case of her husband, who went missing during the Thaksin Shinawatra administration.

For the full article :-

Ref. url http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126102

Fair and democratic party eh...like <deleted> it is.

The minipulation and removal of the personel along with the ridding of re established institutions with the one objective of favouring those under investigation, especialy the exiled one, has started to pick up speed !!!!!!!!

Wait while they,ve done with the re shuffling of the police, armed forces ect. ect., it really will be back to square one, Thaksin style.

Then it will be celebration time and a welcoming home for the puppet master and his supporters.

How certain posters seemingly think this is good for democracy and more importantly for Thailand and it,s citizens, apart from the chosen few, is beyong comprehension

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

How certain posters seemingly think this is good for democracy and more importantly for Thailand and it,s citizens, apart from the chosen few, is beyong comprehension

It is not clear to me who (which posters) and what (what is the word "this" referring to in this quote) your post. If I know what it was that some posters this is good for democracy then I might know who they were but really I don't know exactly what it is that you are referring to. Could you make a clear statement of what it is that they think is good for democracy and which you find to be beyond your comprehension.....maybe I can help explain it to you....maybe not....maybe it is beyond my comprehension too....I won't know until I find out what it is...I mean are you talking about the threats that were made?...or are you talking about the missing lawyer?..or are you talking about the fact that someone was transfered out and someone else transfered in?...or is it that the DSI is investigating Somchai's disappearance?...or is it what?

Chownah

It is not clear to me who (which posters) and what (what is the word "this" referring to in this quote) your post. If I know what it was that some posters this is good for democracy then I might know who they were but really I don't know exactly what it is that you are referring to. Could you make a clear statement of what it is that they think is good for democracy and which you find to be beyond your comprehension.....maybe I can help explain it to you....maybe not....maybe it is beyond my comprehension too....I won't know until I find out what it is...I mean are you talking about the threats that were made?...or are you talking about the missing lawyer?..or are you talking about the fact that someone was transfered out and someone else transfered in?...or is it that the DSI is investigating Somchai's disappearance?...or is it what?

Chownah

I,d like to know what you think about the present governments performance since coming to power instead of your continual mischief making on the threads, relating to covering many of the self rewarding actions they have taken, against the wishes of the majority of voters of the last election.

They are, ( This Government :D ) just to remind you, supposed to be looking after the interest of Thailands citizens and the future of the country in a way that compliments everybody, not just the greedy individuals who do not give a <deleted> about Thailand

Read the following article for a few observations that are relevant to my thoughts and many others.

It may enlighten you a little.

Then again, your interest are possibly dedicated to the North / North East ( Thaksin / Puppet master country ) not Thailand as a whole, so maybe not. :o

Mine / My Families interest and futures are not

Ref url :- http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/02/24...on_30066253.php

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Angkana says ex-DSI chief life under threat

Sunai Manomai-udom was threatened to life before he was transferred from Department of Special Investigation (DSI) Chief on Friday, Angkana Neelapaijit, wife of missing lawyer Somchai, said Saturday. Mrs Angkana said she met Mr Sunai on Friday, before the transfer, and he told her about the threats. One of the DSI's active investigations is the kidnapping and likely murder of her husband, who went missing on March 12, 2004, when Thaksin Shinawatra was PM.

For the full article :-

Ref. url http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126102

Democrats cast doubts on quick transfer

Others in the firing line, says Peeraphan

The Democrat Party has cast doubts over the lightning transfer of Sunai Manomai-udom, Chief of the DSI, saying there might be an ulterior motive in the move which could affect some important cases. Democrat MP Peeraphan Saleerattavipak said he did not think the transfer of such a senior official was done for administrative reasons or for the sake of the public interest. He said the removal of Mr Sunai was in conflict with the government's policy of creating ethics and morality in the national administration system, which was recently stated in parliament. "This matter is of grave concern and we need to keep an eye on it. The transfer will affect important cases," he said. The DSI is now handling several important corruption cases, including charges against ousted PM Thaksin and his wife Potjaman, and two members of the [Potjaman's] Damapong family.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/24Feb2008_news11.php

Shadow minister: Removal of DSI Director-General is suspicious

Shadow Justice Minister of the Democrat Party believes the order to remove the Department of Special Investigation's (DSI) Director is suspicious and involves abusive political power.

Peerapan Sareeratwipak, the Democrat Party's Shadow Justice Minister, believes that the removal of Sunai Manomaiudom, Director of the DSI, to the post of Acting Secretary-General of the Counter Corruption Office, newly established by the Justice Ministry, is suspicious and involves abusive political power.

He said that such removal is not carried out for the sake of the public and goes against the government's policies.

Peerapan also stated that the position of DSI's Acting Director should go to Tharit Pengdit, DSI's Deputy Director, rather than Police Colonel Thawee Sodsong, Deputy Secretary-General of the Narcotics Control Board Office.

Peerapan added that the removal of the DSI's Director was carried out urgently and could probably affect several cases which are still under the department's investigation, particularly the SC Asset concealment case. He thus asked the public and members of the press to keep a close watch on the matter, as well as stay alert to rumours that Permanent Secretary to the Justice Minister, Jaran Pakdethanakul, will be removed next.

- Thailand Outlook

Edited by sriracha john

To be added to Tuesday's agenda of House Speaker's red-carding decision, Thaksin's return date announcement, we can now include hearing the rationale for the DSI's Director getting dumped...

PM to explain transfer of DSI chief Tuesday

PM Samak is due to explain the reason behind his decision to transfer Sunai Manomai-udom, Director of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) from his post on February 26. He made the announcement through his weekly television programme aired on channel 11 this morning. "I will state the truth on the matter next week," he said. As for reports that Thaksin Shinawatra was expected to return to Thailand soon, the PM said he knew nothing about the ex-premier's expected return. "I don't know anything about this because I haven't spoken to him," he said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126114

==========================================================================

Presuming the PM can read, a quick peek at either Bangkok Post or The Nation this morning would have enlightened him as to Thaksin's announcement... or short of that, be at least aware of the Thaksin Nostalgic Party that occured in Chiang Rai yesterday.

Anyway, both events will happen Tuesday... along with a decision on Yongyuth, who apparently is now in China with Thaksin.

Edited by sriracha john

Chownah

I,d like to know what you think about the present governments performance since coming to power instead of your continual mischief making on the threads, relating to covering many of the self rewarding actions they have taken, against the wishes of the majority of voters of the last election.

They are, ( This Government :D ) just to remind you, supposed to be looking after the interest of Thailands citizens and the future of the country in a way that compliments everybody, not just the greedy individuals who do not give a <deleted> about Thailand

Read the following article for a few observations that are relevant to my thoughts and many others.

It may enlighten you a little.

Then again, your interest are possibly dedicated to the North / North East ( Thaksin / Puppet master country ) not Thailand as a whole, so maybe not. :o

Mine / My Families interest and futures are not

Ref url :- http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/02/24...on_30066253.php

marshbags

Marshbags,

You presented a news excerpt and then commented, "How certain posters seemingly think this is good for democracy and more importantly for Thailand and it,s citizens, apart from the chosen few, is beyong comprehension"......so......I offered to help you to comprehend how certain posters might seem to think that way....but you do not specifically refer to which things in the excerpt which you presented....I like to try to keep some kind of continuity in the thread so let's clear this up first. Is there some topic in the news article you presented about which certain posters seem to think is good....and this is beyond comprehension?...if so then please tell me what it is...if not just say so and the issue will be closed.

I am surprised and flattered that you are asking my opinions on the present gov't's performance....especially surprised since you describe my posts as being mischief....it is not beyond comprehension why you would describe my posting that way and I take it as an indication that at least some of my ideas are sound and well presented. Do you want to hear my views on this issue so that if I don't agree with you then we will argue? This sort of thing happens only too often here and I really would like to avoid arguements. This post of yours to which I am replying has some elements which seem to be begging for an arguement....emotional terms with pejorative implications like "do not give a <deleted>"....this sort of rhetoric makes me think you want to argue with me. Maybe I am wrong.

You think my interests are dedicated to some region or political party? At first I laughed out loud when I read this (chuckled actually).....then upon reflection a more serious thought came to mind....it seems to me that you really have either not carefully read and thought about what I have been posting all along or you are so overwhelmed by your emotional response to politics in Thailand that you are unable to understand what I am saying clearly.

As to the article....it is clearly an opinion...the author is giving a personal opinion. It is not so much more clever or more insightful than many many similar opinions which one can find. Preconceived notions are peppered throughout which is not bothersome but it seems (just like in many of these expressions of opinion) that the author is totallly unaware of these preconceived notions which shape the presentation...and then to these preconceived notions the author adds assumptions about future actions which result in dire predictions.....and all of this is mostly constructed from a factless base. Again....I find the presentation of opinions to be a valid journalistic endeavor but it is of primary importance that the reader always remember that it is opinion and not fact...or it is fact with opinion...but the reader must untangle the two....sometimes people forget to do this...they forget to disentangle the facts from the opinions.

Chownah

As with many of your posts relating to the present political situation and your attempts to bait members who do not agree or go along with your misplaced views.

Forum rules do not allow me to say what could be read as derogratory things about our members and i respect them accordingly.

I have on at least 2 occasions replied in kind to what i consider about things you mischieviously have a knack of posting in your observations.

Inviting comments that at the end of the day only belong in the Bedlam Forum.

I did on those occasions get them edited for whatever reason, respect that they were for forum breaches and accept this without question., while wrongly responding in kind to your comments.

Due to respect of admin and mods, i try very hard at all times to not over react to certain forum spoilers, as we all should.

I also try to be economical with my views as most of what is being debated, others have commented on and save me the time to expand on them unless i feel strongly about certain issues.

You have taken exception to one of my comments as personal to yourself and go on to say i possibly want an argument.

Just because members have differences of opinion, does not mean they are seeking harsh exchanges, nor does it help when someone comes back with a part quote of something, taking it AS PERSONAL and using to further try and bait them.

You part quoted the following paragraph and so i,ll assist you in your endeavours to understand it.

"They are, ( This Government ) just to remind you, supposed to be looking after the interest of Thailands citizens and the future of the country in a way that compliments everybody, not just the greedy individuals who do not give a <deleted> about Thailand "

You reduced this to the following observation in your reply and in return i,ll part quote you this time :-

" This post of yours to which I am replying has some elements which seem to be begging for an arguement....emotional terms with pejorative implications like "do not give a <deleted>"....this sort of rhetoric makes me think you want to argue with me. Maybe I am wrong. "

I was not aware that you not only come across as a supporter of this present band of undesirables, but by your above observation / comment, are seemingly coming across as a member of ( This Government ) of whom i am clearly aiming my remarks to.

So yes, unless you are, as i describe above in my observation you are wrong, but not in the context you appear to mean it to be ??????

I do not know which is most corruptive relating to debate and commment.

Flammers or those who encourage flamed responses with snide remarks and supposed clever dick responses via use of certain techniques of playing with words and crafty use of their vocabulary.

I also do not in anyway indicate outright that you are either of the above as know the possible consequences of putting it across in such a way.

Nothing personal, but as the saying goes, you reap what you sow from certain members who you invite to have a go back and are not as thick skinned or easy going as i am.

marshbags :D

P.S.

Flamers and spoilers do not need to be mentioned be name, or falsely given importance by doing so, if the cap fits those in these two categories, they are unwelcomed in ongoing debates apart from the Bedlam Forum were they will get responses of a derogratory kind equal to their comments, if it,s still running that is. :o

Edited by marshbags

well, well.. another member of Samak's Cabinet is going to beat him to the punch with an announcement on Monday ahead of Samak's Tuesday announcement. I wonder if this will result in the same snafu that occured with another Cabinet minister when Interior Minister Chalerm's ideas for the Deep South were quickly countered and dismissed the following day by Prime Minister Samak...

Justice Minister: DSI Chief transfer order justifiable

BANGKOK – Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat said he can justify his decision to transfer the Director of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) at a news conference at Government House Monday morning at 8.30.

"I believe that my order was justifiable in all aspects. Of course, we need some reasons to remove someone from his office," Sompong commented in a phone interview, saying he stood by his decision.

The Justice Minister last Friday signed the order to take effect Monday, removing DSI Chief Sunai Manomai-udom, from the office and appointing him acting Director-General of the Office for the Prevention and Suppression of Corruption, an agency that has not yet begun to function.

Shadow Justice Minister Peerapan Saleeratwipak expressed skepticism that there might be certain political gains behind the order.

Meanwhile, the new DSI Chief Pol. Col. Thawee Sodsong said his assumption of the role of Chief is free of any political agenda and he is willing to be interviewed mid-week.

Sunai, 59, as head of DSI, he was in charge of many corruption cases that involved former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his family.

- TNA

Edited by sriracha john

I was not aware that you not only come across as a supporter of this present band of undesirables, but by your above observation / comment, are seemingly coming across as a member of ( This Government ) of whom i am clearly aiming my remarks to.

It is my belief that anyone who thinks that I support the present gov't has not read my posts carefully enough and is assuming things which I have not written. An example of this is my reaction to the opinion article.....I would have commented in much the same way if this had been an opinion supporting the gov't....people who support this gov't are just as likely to create an opinion article of much the same flavor as the one you asked me to comment on. I think that a careful reading will show that my comments did not address the political position of the author but rather they addressed the way the article was constructed and organized...and I stand by my final comments 100% which is that in an opinion article it is important that the reader should work to seperate the facts from the opinions.....and my view is that this goes for any opinion written from any political perspective.

Also, you are mistaken in thinking that the post under discussion contains anything which I took personally....if you think I am wrong I invite you to send me a PM to explain how my post indicated that I took a comment of yours from that post personally.....but really I think we are off topic and should only continue this discussion by PM.

Chownah

PAD plans to pressure new government

Concerns about abuse of power after transfer

Former leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) are set to apply pressure to deter the government from abusing its power in the wake of the lightning transfer of the Chief of the DSI. PAD Coordinator Suriyasai Katasila said key figures will meet today to discuss the political situation. There were signs that "something was amiss" with the shifting of the DSI Chief and speculation that more transfers of senior officials were in the pipeline, he said. Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat signed the order transferring the DSI Chief on Friday. He has been replaced by Tawee Sodsong, the deputy secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board. Tawee is considered to be close to some leading figures of the dissolved TRT Party. Suriyasai said there is a movement that has been trying to abuse state power for the sake of "only one person" _ an apparent reference to ousted PM and former TRT Leader Thaksin. Suriyasai said the removal of the DSI Chief may be an act of revenge. Mr Sunai was active in investigating charges against Thaksin and other family members.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/25Feb2008_news01.php

Well it certainly looks like things are very quickly winding up to street protest levels. It is also looking more and more like this government has not a clue what to do, and the people with brains are smart enough not to join them. I don’t know if I should comment on Tony’s prediction that they will fail by April, but based on the inability to perform, there is a good chance Tony could be right. I like the rest of the world am waiting to see what the EC have to say tomorrow. They have noticeably absent from the news on this ruling on Mr. Y.

It is my belief that anyone who thinks that I support the present gov't has not read my posts carefully enough and is assuming things which I have not written. An example of this is my reaction to the opinion article.....I would have commented in much the same way if this had been an opinion supporting the gov't....people who support this gov't are just as likely to create an opinion article of much the same flavor as the one you asked me to comment on. I think that a careful reading will show that my comments did not address the political position of the author but rather they addressed the way the article was constructed and organized...and I stand by my final comments 100% which is that in an opinion article it is important that the reader should work to seperate the facts from the opinions.....and my view is that this goes for any opinion written from any political perspective.

Also, you are mistaken in thinking that the post under discussion contains anything which I took personally....if you think I am wrong I invite you to send me a PM to explain how my post indicated that I took a comment of yours from that post personally.....but really I think we are off topic and should only continue this discussion by PM.

Chownah

My thoughts entirely when i was responding to your previous observation, on going " Off Topic ".

Spoilers / Flamers / ( Wind up merchants ) have a knack of sending threads into these situations.

I accept that you are not, in this instance any of the above.

I also think it is important to perhaps help others to keep on topic and not stray as we have, by posting my reply on the thread.

I have re read some of your posts and i still cannot fathom out, as before, were you stand politically, hence my request asking you for your opinions on the governments performance.

This question i consider on topic and it was a sincere / genuine enquiry.

This due to what i consider unclear opinions of varying degrees, that, as a consequence come across as being mischievious ect. ect.

I note that another poster accused you of being the devils advocate, when looking back at your posts, this is also how you come across from my stand point when i read your contributions and perhaps there is a communication issue, as it is not meant, from your remarks, to be intentional.

The part relating to the performance was then, a sincere / genuine enquiry, that generated, due to what i consider unclear opinions of varying degrees that as a consequence come across as being mischievious inconsistant and varied for the purpose of what i term baiting.

We are all entitled to our opinions and rightly so, that is what honest and interesting debate is all about.

I hope you will read my post and see it as a positive attempt to be conciliatary, and nothing otherwise.

I look forward to continued debate of a positive nature, that enhances this important thread and the ongoing performances of the New Appointed Cabinet

It gets more disturbing by the day, IMH and PO of course.

marshbags :o .........................

Of what the future holds with these no brainers of self interested objectives, who really do not give a **** about Thailands long term interests or it,s genuine voters who want and expected change.

I fear there is much trouble ahead and innocent blood will flow on the streets of Bangkok as a result.

Do not expect such a peaceful what ever this time around, i sadly hasten to add.

Edited by marshbags

Marshbags, your last few posts about the flamers and spoilers is well put, and regular readers of this forum do know who they are. The conclusion is it is intentional for whatever reason. The elaborate use of words to attack posters that are trying to have a “Mature” discussion. One of the things I have discovered about this forum is because of the relatively small ex-pat community, people do know who the posters are by their real names and where they live. Because of that their online foul reputation leaks into their personal life. That usually starts with a casual conversation that includes “I post under the name of ....” that eventually gets around particularly when the topic requires oil. So the veil of anonymity of the Internet is very thin here. Perhaps I see it more because of what I do.

As for the future of this, I am sure everyone is fully aware of the fork in the road that we will see tomorrow when the EC rules. That ruling will define the direction of Thailand and hence the direction the these threads. Either choice has it’s own perils and dramas.

One of the things I have discovered about this forum is because of the relatively small ex-pat community, people do know who the posters are by their real names and where they live. Because of that their online foul reputation leaks into their personal life. That usually starts with a casual conversation that includes “I post under the name of ....” that eventually gets around particularly when the topic requires oil. So the veil of anonymity of the Internet is very thin here. Perhaps I see it more because of what I do.

Am I the only one to find this extraordinarily objectionable and indeed downright creepy? He says that there is in fact no anonymity for posters and that members " online foul reputation" affects their personal life, and he "knows where they live".He knows all this because of what he does.

Justice Minister Clarifies DSI Chief’s Sudden Transfer Today

Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat plans to clarify to the general public today on the reasons behind the recent abrupt transfer of Department of Special Investigation (DS) Director Sunai Manomai-udom to the post of acting secretary-general for a newly-established public sector anti-corruption agency.

The 59 year-old DSI head was suddenly transferred late Friday to become acting secretary-general of the Office of Prevention and Suppression of Corruption by Government Officials, which has recently been established to tackle corruption involving government officials under Civil Service Level 8 (C 8).

Sunai told reporters that he found out about the transfer when Justice Permanent Secretary Charan Pakdithanakul phoned him late Friday that he would be transfer to oversee the new agency on Monday.

Heading one of the nation’s top investigative agencies, justice Sunai was assigned to handle numerous corruption cases involving deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his family.

Reportedly, former deputy DSI chief Pol. Col. Thawee Sodsong, who currently serves as deputy secretary-general of the Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), will succeed Sunai as acting director-general of DSI.

In regards to Sunai’s abrupt transfer, the Justice Minister claimed that he would be able to explain all aspects of the issue on Monday.

During a telephone interview, Justice Minister Sompong said he had sound reasons for Sunai’s sudden transfer to the new agency.

In the scheduled press conference at Government House at 8:30 a.m. today, Sompong said he will be glad to answer all questions posed by reporters.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister and Defense Minister Samak Sundaravej said during his weekly televised program on Channel 11 yesterday that he will also clarify the reason behind the abrupt transfer of DSI chief Sunai on Tuesday.

- Thailand Outlook

Interior Minister warns against anti-Thaksin rally

Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Monday said he saw no justification for the People's Alliance for Democracy to stage a protest about former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra returning to his homeland.

"The PAD used to say it would allow the government a chance to prove its performance but today no work has started yet, hence I deem it unnecessary for a rally as Thaksin would come back as a Thai citizen," he said.

Chalerm said the PAD should reflect on its stand rather than rush to attack Thaksin without justification.

"The PAD onced allged Thaksin about being an unroyalist but refrained to showing its accountability after the Office of the Attorney General had dropped the charges," he said.

He said he would not intervene with pro and antiThaksin rallies, if held, although he would ensure there would be no confrontation between the rival groups.

He said the definite date about Thaksin's return should be finalised by tomorrow.

The Nation

Sounds like the very first hint the new government will not allow protests. Apparently democracy is already starting to flounder under the Thaksin controlled government and being replaced with what looks more like a police state.