Beards In Thailand

Kimera

The only problem with shaving in Thailand is finding decent blades.

I open a new blade & its blunt by the time I finish half the job. Useless.

You must buy your blades in some odd places then.

:o

Seriously - I just buy the standard double bladed Gillette disposables from the supermarket. They are completely useless compared to the equivalent ones bought abroad.

Before I met my Wife-to-be, I went down to Pattaya to meet some mates who lived there.

We were due to meet in a beer bar in soi 8.

I wear a beard, and have done so for the past 25 years or so... (It conceals a couple of spare chins)

The girls in the bar were clearly un-impressed with my beard :

"You hab Brd... we not like man with Brd... You chop off now?"

I looked around the street and indicated all the other bars : "Only one Beard : But plenty of bars... I keep beard... If you don't like beard, I must go to another bar..."

The subject was immediately dropped, and all of a sudden I was "Hansum sexy man" again. Before the evening was out all three of the Beard haters tried to get me to barfine them..

I later discouvered that this was a popular game in that bar... two friends had sacrificed their beloved beards, only to find that the girls had been laying bets as to weather they were going to shave them off or not...

My wife-to-be doesn't seem to mind mine, though the subject may come up after the wedding :D

And there is another catagory of people traditionally associated with beards : Old Pirates like me! Arrrrrgh :o

Murg

My Gf claims to like me to have a few days stubble and always moans when I shave. But then she moans if she gets scratched a bit too.

I figure she really wants me to look less attractive to other women!

Being a lazy B and not getting out that much, I'm happy to go along with it- until the itching starts.

the wife an' all the adult wimmin in her family don't mind my white stubble but the 14 y.o. step-daughter and adolescent nieces keep askin' the wife when am I gonna shave it...seems to be an age thing...

I haveta admit that I fit my dear granma's description when she useta exclaim 'lawwwd, he looks lahk methusela' when referring to men of a certain age with facial hair; the implication being that the kids don't like bein' seen in public with a decrepit-lookin' falang...the MiL, on the other hand is proud to accompany me to the market and elsewhere... :o

Have just read the comb over hair thread, I have the hair well most of it, but I have a short cut beard well grey now, what do you think my friends, the advice I get from the girls is to cut it off, Ive had it so many years, What do you think, Please this is a serious request :o

new life

new country

new girlfriend

new face

equal to shaving and starting out fresh. When I had a beard I finally shaved it off back in the States, many women would say to me afterward, you look much younger, do youself a favor--

Have just read the comb over hair thread, I have the hair well most of it, but I have a short cut beard well grey now, what do you think my friends, the advice I get from the girls is to cut it off, Ive had it so many years, What do you think, Please this is a serious request :o
Get the goaty gone ! :D

the wife an' all the adult wimmin in her family don't mind my white stubble but the 14 y.o. step-daughter and adolescent nieces keep askin' the wife when am I gonna shave it...seems to be an age thing...

I haveta admit that I fit my dear granma's description when she useta exclaim 'lawwwd, he looks lahk methusela' when referring to men of a certain age with facial hair; the implication being that the kids don't like bein' seen in public with a decrepit-lookin' falang...the MiL, on the other hand is proud to accompany me to the market and elsewhere... :o

no, i think the kids are being honest and the adults polite, but id say get it orf !

The only problem with shaving in Thailand is finding decent blades.

I open a new blade & its blunt by the time I finish half the job. Useless.

You must buy your blades in some odd places then.

:o

Seriously - I just buy the standard double bladed Gillette disposables from the supermarket. They are completely useless compared to the equivalent ones bought abroad.

That is strange you said that, i reckon they are copies, :D