Safest Way To Send Mail To England

wineman

I would be grateful for suggestions on the safest way to send mail to England. I have got to send originals of some documents, and am really concerned about them going astray between here and there.

If the documents are that important then I would recommend FedEx, I send documents to many Asian countries, Australia, UK and America using FedEx and they have yet to let me down. Though it wont be cheap but as I said if the documents are that important then thats how I would do it and you will be given a tracking number where you can track the package every step of the way.

If you use Fedex I recommend that you go direct to their shop on Naklua Road at the Windmill Plaza, you will see many other shops with Fedex signs around Pattaya but these are agents.

Hope this helps.

I use DHL for important documents. It costs but its worth it. I tried EMS once - the package, to a well known address in the UK, was eventually returned to me after a great deal of hassle with the note that it could not be delivered as no such address. I don't believe the package ever left Thailand.

If you use DHL phone the Bangkok number and a guy will come to your house to pick it up.

Edited by Tammi

I use DHL for important documents. It costs but its worth it. I tried EMS once - the package, to a well known address in the UK, was eventually returned to me after a great deal of hassle with the note that it could not be delivered as no such address. I don't believe the package ever left Thailand

You can track EMS online, so would know if it has left the country. Once in the UK it becomes the responsibility of Royal Mail, which is where your problem possibly lies. At least with the couriers they handle it from end to end.

DHL is the best to/from the UK since their network is better in Europe. They have a shop in Sunnee Plaza in Pattaya. Any other shop with a DHL sticker in the window is just a drop-off location.

I use FedEx to/from the US since their network is better in US and LatAm.

Both trackable on the internet.

<br />DHL is the best to/from the UK since their network is better in Europe. They have a shop in Sunnee Plaza in Pattaya. Any other shop with a DHL sticker in the window is just a drop-off location.<br /><br />I use FedEx to/from the US since their network is better in US and LatAm.<br /><br />Both trackable on the internet.<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Where is sunny plaza please

DHL is the best to/from the UK since their network is better in Europe. They have a shop in Sunnee Plaza in Pattaya. Any other shop with a DHL sticker in the window is just a drop-off location.

I use FedEx to/from the US since their network is better in US and LatAm.

Both trackable on the internet.

Thipp plaza 2nd road is probably correct location, we sent package from there to UK, excellent, fast, track online service but expensive, gives time and name of receiver. From here took only two and a half days to NE England.

I would be grateful for suggestions on the safest way to send mail to England. I have got to send originals of some documents, and am really concerned about them going astray between here and there.

I have always used registered Royal Thai Mail . In 21 years of sending cheques, documents anywhere in the world I have never had one go astray. Just write ลงทะเบียน on the envelope take it to the local post office. Costs about 90 baht to send a standard size envelope to the Uk and takes about 12 days.

I use DHL for important documents. It costs but its worth it. I tried EMS once - the package, to a well known address in the UK, was eventually returned to me after a great deal of hassle with the note that it could not be delivered as no such address. I don't believe the package ever left Thailand.

If you use DHL phone the Bangkok number and a guy will come to your house to pick it up.

DHL have an office in Tipp Plaza on Second Road.

About 1,000 baht to UK and IoM, almost 2,000 baht to Channel Islands. Don't know why the discrimination.

They also deliver back to tour home address. I correspond with my bank in this way, plus potential clients.

I do not use the Thai (or any other country's) post for anything that I cannot afford to lose.

Hi Wineman :o (I Remember you from the Thaivisa party..haha)

I always use EMS.. Price is usually around 1,000 baht and you can track it online at http://track.thailandpost.com

If the documents are important, Maybe you should use DHL or FedEx, but I imagine it to be alot more expensive..

:D

Hi Meg,

I remember you too. Must say your avatar doesn't do you justice.

Thanks for help.

Why send originals most people including Government departments etc accept Notorised copies. The UK government lost some of mine by sending them here unregistered they have offered to pay for replacement, but they will accept Notorised copies and do not require translations as they do their own anyway. I sent Notorised copies of all the papers required for my Thai wife to obtain her NI number and my married mans allowance no problem.

I use DHL for important documents. It costs but its worth it. I tried EMS once - the package, to a well known address in the UK, was eventually returned to me after a great deal of hassle with the note that it could not be delivered as no such address. I don't believe the package ever left Thailand

You can track EMS online, so would know if it has left the country. Once in the UK it becomes the responsibility of Royal Mail, which is where your problem possibly lies. At least with the couriers they handle it from end to end.

Not exactly as Royal Mail are now no longer responsible for delivery of mail, it's subcontracted out to a number of companies which IS where the real problem lies.

I sent a letter by EMS from Pattaya and it was in London after 3 days, then took 3 weeks to get to Jersey! And all Royal Mail do is tell you to complain to the office you sent it from, even though they were not the ar5eholes that caused the problem!

:o I sent a rather late birthday card to my sister in the UK via EMS last year. It had a week to get there. I tracked it online. It took two days to reach Heathrow from Bangkok, and then five days to get from there to Stockport. It arrived at Stockport Post Office at 4am on the morning of my sister's birthday (a Saturday!) and wasn't delivered until noon on the Monday. So much for Royal Mail/Parcel Force!!

Use a courier.

G

I stand corrected, it is Tipp (Thip) Plaza, 2nd road end of. Can't miss it. Yellow with big 'DHL' sign.

Also agree with subsequent posts re- ParcelForce. I had a pickup arranged from the lobby of the Hilton Hotel at Gatwick. Took then 3 attempts to get that done. One of the excuses was 'Can't find pickup location without street address.' I mean, how many Hilton hotels are there at Gatwick eh?

Why send originals most people including Government departments etc accept Notorised copies. The UK government lost some of mine by sending them here unregistered they have offered to pay for replacement, but they will accept Notorised copies and do not require translations as they do their own anyway. I sent Notorised copies of all the papers required for my Thai wife to obtain her NI number and my married mans allowance no problem.

Thanks Peter. Although they make a point on Claim Form BF225 04/07 of saying they will not accept copies, I will send an e mail and ask the International Pension Service about Notorised copies.

I stand corrected, it is Tipp (Thip) Plaza, 2nd road end of. Can't miss it. Yellow with big 'DHL' sign.

Also agree with subsequent posts re- ParcelForce. I had a pickup arranged from the lobby of the Hilton Hotel at Gatwick. Took then 3 attempts to get that done. One of the excuses was 'Can't find pickup location without street address.' I mean, how many Hilton hotels are there at Gatwick eh?

Thanks all for your suggestions.

<br />
<br /><br /><br />I have always used registered Royal Thai Mail . In 21 years of sending cheques, documents anywhere in the world I have never had one go astray. Just write ลงทะเบียน on the envelope take it to the local post office. Costs about 90 baht to send a standard size envelope to the Uk and takes about 12 days.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Does Royal Thai mail deliver big parcels or all size parcels like DHL etc??

Wondered the price i fso and how reliable this service is?