Boys Wearing Make-up And Girls Clothes!

Neeranam

Has anyone else noticed the large number of young men wearing make-up and womans clothes?

Is it just me or have the numbers increased heaps?

There weren't nearly as many 10, 15 years ago, if my memory serves me right.

What's the reason for this - more acceptable, natural selection, global warming?

Has anyone else noticed the large number of young men wearing make-up and womans clothes?

What's the reason for this - more acceptable, natural selection, global warming?

You make it sound like there's something wrong with that :o

Where are you seeing these guys dressed as girls at? I have been coming here for about 4 years and I have not seen them. Are they in a show or something? :o

Where are you seeing these guys dressed as girls at? I have been coming here for about 4 years and I have not seen them. Are they in a show or something? :D

This is really scary, you are telling us there are boys dressing as girls in Thailand. :o

Where are you seeing these guys dressed as girls at? I have been coming here for about 4 years and I have not seen them. Are they in a show or something? :o

Well maybe you should get out more or visit a better optician. Actually one thing that is changing is the age, getting younger, saw a group going into Paragon the other week, so OTT that even the Thais were stopped in their tracks, however it was the hair that give them away....schoolkids.

at my wifes school their are a few boys that wear makeup, tie there hair up with little bows in them ,, use the girls toilets and are generally treated the same as the girls ,, nobody seems to give a sh*t ,,, guess they are just training them young these days :o

cheers

egg

It has often been mentioned to me by the locals that katoeys are made and not born (it's not the same as being gay)

If a family has a large number of sons, a number of them are 'encouraged' to act and dress like daughters. One such family in my village has four boys and no girls, two of the boys wear dresses and make-up, it's difficult to believe that that has happened by chance.

In rural Thailand it usually falls on the daughters to be the bread-winners and the supporters of the parents when they are older, in that light, only having boys would be regarded as a bad thing.

In rural Thailand it usually falls on the daughters to be the bread-winners and the supporters of the parents when they are older, in that light, only having boys would be regarded as a bad thing.

Interesting thread: I can't find the article right now, but I remember reading that this all started during the Vietnam war when American servicemen started sampling the delights of Thailand in the 1960s and 1970s. Girls gravitated to Bangkok - and later Pattaya and Phuket to entertain the serviceman on their R & R breaks. They returned to their villages proudly showing off their new-found wealth. Some of the boys from the villages saw the easy way their sisters made money and decided they wanted to get into the act too.

Just a thought: Are lady-boys a new phenomenon or have they been around for ever?

Peter

It has often been mentioned to me by the locals that katoeys are made and not born (it's not the same as being gay)

If a family has a large number of sons, a number of them are 'encouraged' to act and dress like daughters. One such family in my village has four boys and no girls, two of the boys wear dresses and make-up, it's difficult to believe that that has happened by chance.

Sorry but what you wrote down in my opinion is utterly nonsense !

Most people are very proud to have sons , it the other way around .

Only when they are old fashioned and do the Sin Sod thing , perhaps

prefer the daughter , not that anyone will give anything for a ladyboy though .....

Perhaps there were, perhaps you are paying more attention to them more these days.

:o:D

Why's that funny?

Quite the opposite, in fact. When first arriving in Thailand I'd think it very strange. The longer I stay here, the less attention I give to them. This is usually the case, isn't it?

jenny star bar is full of em, its seems a lot of farang like em, so its supply and demand ! :o

I have seen quite a few, mostly in the high school and college crowds. Perhaps they get greather acceptability with certain females, who seem to prefer them to the "real" men. I always wondered if these cross-dressers got more "tail" as a result of their more feminine and perhaps non-threatening appearence and behavior.

You are, quite rightly in my opinion, able to hold that opinion.

However, I am purely relating what I see and what I hear, and I am talking about my local area specifically, which is very poor, it wasn't a generalisation of the whole of Thailand.

Most people are very proud to have sons , it the other way around .

Only when they are old fashioned and do the Sin Sod thing , perhaps

prefer the daughter , not that anyone will give anything for a ladyboy though .....

Well it might look like nonsense but I confirm that I have seen some families "making" katoeys. Now, I don't hold any statistic so I will not say if it's majority, minority or exceptional cases, but that certainly happens and I have seen it more than once. Families wearing girl clothes to boys way before they reach adolescence and making them wear make-up.

Far more girls wear guys clothes, so wots the problem?

Are you a narrow minded sexist person?

as far as "getting more tail" goes

definately in the early 80's I used say "the more gay I looked the more girls I got"

Whether this holds true for Thais I have no idea.

I've made friend with some outwardly gay Thai guys but they don't touch girls as far as I know.