Bkk - Hua Hin Taxi

earlofwindermere

Feb 9,2008 - I just stopped went through Don Muang and can confirm that taxis from there to Hua Hin are 1800 baht (plus whatever other road fees you must pay). The question that I would like to know is if anyone knows of a taxi or car service that has seatbelts in the car. My wife and I are travelling with two young children who use car seats. Since nearly all Bangkok/airport taxis do not have seatbelts, we are trying to find a reasonable alternative. Can anyone provide a name and number of a taxi/driver with seatbelts in the back seats?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

We arrive late in DON MUANG so the Dusit transport is not an option this time. (I read about it in a previous post and will keep note of it for future references).

Stoutboy made me realize that I should had said that I'm first looking for transport TO Hua Hin. I probably should have posted this in the BKK forum instead. Sorry about that. However; if any of you do know of taxis or drivers who do have seatbelts in the backseat, please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by earlofwindermere

I visited Hua Hin and Pattaya last month and used these guys for all four legs of the trip: http://www.thelimopattaya.com/

I will definitely be using them again, they have very nice modern cars with seatbelts and the drivers were always on time and friendly. You can probably get cheaper but I've found you get what you pay for with taxi services. They even had a can of beer on ice for me when I arrived in Bangkok which is a nice touch.

Stoutboy had a point, even though he tends to shout it. Wichai at 086-5043144 is one of the drivers with a late model car in Hua Hin (going north from the center of town, on Petchakasem) who might pick you up at Don Muang and take you to the door of your destination. Fairly good English speaker, too, and very pleasant.