Thai Govt To Ban Smoking In Private Homes

george

Now really, the smokers are such a pathetic group tonight and can’t even come up with anything that’s even clever!

Hey have another toxic one on me first then….. (But not around anyone else mind you!)

Then either…..

Just call it quits now and join the sane human race!

Or if not..... then volunteer as a laboratory rat substitute (LRS) now before its too late!

Save a rat!

Just think you could stand in for one of those poor creatures and they could find out a lot more relevant info about how toxic the smoke is for humans!

That would be a worthy sacrifice to save a rat and get the better info too!

What do you say????

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn’t you read the article?

"Smokers should realize that they are damaging not only their own health but also that of others who will suffer from second-hand smoke in the long-run, Chitanond said.”

Hey a “Thai” actually figured this one out!

To me it’s amazing that many Farangs cant!

I guess my theory went out the door on this one!

Maybe there is hope for Thailand!

I know one day (I hope) if you are a smoker you will not be offered any type of Thai visa!

Just like heroine addicts can’t enter the Kingdom either.

That means a lot less trash in Thailand!

This is a grand vision!

Strange. With the large number of non-smokers one would expect to find an equally large number of bars for non-smokers.

Personally I find that anybody running a restaurant should have the right to decide for herself whether to make it smoke-free or not. :o

What a intolerant lot you are!!!!

So smokers offend you and their smoke will kill you.

Ok lets go to town on anyone who does things that cause death or disease.

Shoot all those people whos dogs mess in the streets as you can get Toxicara from dog faeces.

Then well deal with Thai policemen who seem to cause untold deaths.

How about the Chicken farmers who have been feeding us infected poultry.

And for sure the car and truck drivers for polluting the air which by the way accordind to the world health organisation cause more Asthma and other related disese than smoking ever could.

And when we have sorted out the smokers just who do we start on next who in some way might offend our personal way of life.

I do not smoke in places where i am not allowed but get off your high horses and give us a break, the hospitals have more people with drink related problems than smoke related so lets all have a bash at the drinkers as i find it most offensive to have to listen to a drunk in a bar than having a sensible person who smokes talk with me.

Try and get on with your lives and let others do the same,

I know i do and lead a stress free life, some could do the same (it works)

In England they have a poll system where the patrons of the bar decide whether their local bar should be smoke free or not(democracy rules).

Then in either case the majority of regular customers are happy.

I however am a smoker(by the way this is angies husband not angie)and my beliefs are if the non-smokers do not like the smoke then leave the bar or stop breathing!!!!!!!

Great good idea,

Lets dump the trash.

Start with the smokers

Then anyone who lights up a spliff

Not forgetting the drinkers as we dont want anyone who spoils your idea of paradise

Then we will ban the single men who come for the girls

Lets then close all the bars as then there would be no drinkers or single men

In fact lets just refuse a visa to everyone

Problem solved.

And then your paradise found. Be happy in your new environment.

More smoker logic! Pathetic!

Wow I am not impressed Mr. Orion.

The “certain individual” is “only” the president of the National Health Foundation.

Addicts can justify ANYTHING folks!

Let’s get rid of them and have a safer world.

Stop breathing you say to the non smokers! Angie darling?

What about this which is more reasonable, you can smoke but just don’t exhale…….

Smokers!

Don’t pollute our world!

Live a stress free world?

I say "Stick it lit up your ass!"

It works even better tuktukmike

Thanks

I will carry on smoking when and where i want.

If you dont like it then sit at home and let the rest of us enjoy.

Or find yourself a nice bar or resturant that is smoke free.

Join a non smoking group then you can rant all day.

And most of all enjoy your life and try to keep stress free as this is a major cause of heart attacks.

:o why don,t the goverment just ban ciggeretts altogether and this would include any retailer selling the product as well.

treat it like an illigal drug and impose the same penelities if any one is caught with a ciggerette in their possession then they are treated with the same contempt as "druggies"

oh and this would apply to cigar,s and tobbacco aslo.

when the goverment sorts this out then the next substance to ban should be alcohol :D

"I will carry on smoking when and where i want."

Anywhere you want huh?

This sounds like a sick drug addict to me!

What..... around babies, dear Mikey????

You are Sick, really sick, get some help before you kill yourself and others!

Or leave the planet and do us all a favor!

ayakiawe are you under a doctor's care?

You do know that most of the "second hand smoke" death counts are fabricated? It's the worst junk science. Only hate filled morons believe that bs. Backyard BBQs cause more pollution. (Ban grilled chicken? Ban Thai's from using charcoal to cook?)

More tips for you:

Playing a violent video game won't make you hack up your family.

Looking at an occasional adult movie won't make you a child molester.

DDT is not a dangerous cancer causing toxin and saves millions from malaria, West Nile virus, etc.

AIDS is real.

Your diesel truck spits out more pollutants running to the store than a smoker will in a lifetime.

Your big house full of crap made from petroleum based chemicals caused a million times more harmful pollution than any smoker.

Obesity is a far greater killer and burden on society than smoking. Ditto liquor. (Plus fat, sweaty drunks are way more smelly and disgusting to look at.)

In a free society, people are free to make bad choices. Get over it!

Shame shame on any smoker who doesn’t t ask for forgiveness and apologizes for causing harm to others persons (babies and everyone else for that matter) physical bodies!

You are a shameful group of worthless trash in my book if you dont do this now and keep this toxic smoke away from everyone!

While you are busy killing yourself (some of you call it pleasure) please spare us the same treatment!

I would like to see large fines and long jail terms for this crime myself!

Calm down poor boy.

Now you are sounding really stressed,

I dont have children at home as they already have homes and familys of their own.

As for the rats, lets have a go at anyone who uses prescribed drugs from the doctor or did you really think rats are only used for tabacco testing.

And of course anyone who has Aids or Cancer and by the way in case you are not aware not all cancer is caused by smoking.

So all these new drugs for people with illness we must ban now as the poor rats are being mistreated, not to forget the monkeys and many other animals.

So the rat issue is a red herring, your real problem is yourself.

Just try and chill and enjoy your life.

As stated i do not smoke where the resturant does not allow so i choose when and where i do smoke and eat, no big deal.

And a drug addict i think not. but what are your vices i wonder. ever had a drink of alchohol.

I always used to write to the various airports authoritys when travelling complaining about their smoking policy in the terminals.

Got lots of replys... from Ninoi Aquino,Manila-Now Banned,Don Muang-Now Banned-Schipol,Amsterdam -Now Banned but at Heathrow the buggers are still holding out with typ. Brit voluntary compromises :o ....but one day..... :D

Was in Manila departure area one day when a large bunch of japs "salary types" pulled in and the head honcho obviously decided, or so he thought, that the little No Smokie Warning signs did no apply to him....luvly

Three times the little Phillipino guys told him to put out his fag and three times he refused.... :D ..he-he

Couple of minutes later he was on his way back to Nippon.

Some of his Jap mates were ready to commit Hari-kari in arrivals while most of the others obviously thought the prat deserved it and looked as thought they might now even have a good time.

Spoke to the guard later and asked him if that happened often...yes he said couple of times a week and mostly Japanese.... will they :ph34r:ever learn

Love to hear you all, so many heads up so many <deleted>. I never smoke in my house sinec my baby was born, but I do smoke. its a fact that smokers, breed smokers? I do however try and keep it outside the house, keep things in prospective. Thailand is a smoke free, bullshit free zone. :o

Love to hear you all, so many heads up so many <deleted>. I never smoke in my house sinec my baby was born, but I do smoke. its a fact that smokers, breed smokers? I do however try and keep it outside the house, keep things in prospective. Thailand is a smoke free, bullshit free zone. :o

Loved your post. I don't smoke cigarettes, never have. I enjoy a good cigar now and then but always smoke them "outside" so as not to offend anyone (yes, admittedly cigars can be more "pungent" than cigarttes).

However some of these "non-smoker" posts remind me of a number of people who "used to smoke, now I don't so why are you smoking in my presence" type of people. And then they want too "FORCE" there new found religion on to anybody who doesn't believe.

Sometimes, while I will do all I can to respect "their" opinions, I have just a little problem if they won't/don't respect mine. So what are there vices that I don't like. For me, never mind. Up to them.

A smoker wrote:

“Love to hear you all, so many heads up so many <deleted>. I never smoke in my house since my baby was born, but I do smoke. It’s a fact that smokers breed smokers? I do however try and keep it outside the house, keep things in prospective. Thailand is a smoke free, bullshit free zone.”

More smoker/ drug addict logic possibly?

So he never smokes in the house “after” baby born, that’s very good but …before the birth you did with your wife?

Oh that’s not so nice when she was pregnant, right?

See the logic folks????

That was not so great for mommy and the baby inside too I am sure!

“It’s a fact that smokers breed smokers?”

Are you telling us something here? Why the question mark?

Yes this is true, as I understand too.

You say you “Try to keep it outside”?

How do you “try” to do this?

Stop trying and just do it!

“Keep things in perspective?”

From a drug addicts perspective you mean?

That’s not such a great perspective for the baby I think.

More clear reasoning folks!

“Thailand is a smoke free, bullshit free zone.”

Really smoke free? Not quite yet I’m afraid.

It’s not even a challenge to debate smoker’s arguments and my English and debate skills are quite poor!

Really poor thinking is what I say about all the smokers who have written in tonight. Tells me your brains are not working properly.

Why don’t you give up smoking and see if things change?

I think smoking should be banned in all Public places and the smoker should decide which room in the house should be their smoking room without contaminating the rest of the house.

I've noticed on ebay more and more sellers are putting 'from a smoke free home' when selling an item.

Have you every noticed the smoker is always the last one to empty the ashtray.

“As stated not an addict.”

Tell me this after you stop smoking for 3 months

”You did not answer the question.”

Yes I did

”Do you drink, ever taken a tablet or medicine.”

Nope not normally. Coconut water is my preferred drink to tell you the truth.

”Are rats only used in tabacco tests”

Probably not the only things used.

”Have you forgot to take your Prozac today.”

I don’t take drugs normally

I am very surprised that the US did not come up with this idea first...;-)

A very important issue indeed! Here in Phuket though (voted by National Geographic as the 3rd UGLIEST island worldwide) there are other issues which seem be more relevant. If your children are faced with a poluted environment - smoking parents are the least of their problems!

Responsbility - a matter of education - NOT of law!

“It’s a fact that smokers breed smokers?”

Hmm..., and "criminals breed criminals? I rather would say:"ingnorance generates ignorance".

[shame shame on any smoker who doesn’t t ask for forgiveness and apologizes for causing harm to others persons (babies and everyone else for that matter) physical bodies!

You are a shameful group of worthless trash in my book if you dont do this now and keep this toxic smoke away from everyone!

While you are busy killing yourself (some of you call it pleasure) please spare us the same treatment!

I would like to see large fines and long jail terms for this crime myself!]

My wife was killed by a drunk driver when she was walking. Shame shame on any.................

“As stated not an addict.”

Tell me this after you stop smoking for 3 months

”You did not answer the question.”

Yes I did

”Do you drink, ever taken a tablet or medicine.”

Nope not normally. Coconut water is my preferred drink to tell you the truth.

”Are rats only used in tabacco tests”

Probably not the only things used.

”Have you forgot to take your Prozac today.”

I don’t take drugs normally

Your presence and rantings on this forum are far more irritating to the majority of the population than a few smokers too many.

Also, what's that crap about all the dangerous chemicals in cigarettes, and the "healthy" smoke from natural leaves???

It is the forest and garbage fires in Thailand that are the major culprits in destroying the environment and people's health, no matter what your twisted ego thinks. Get real and find another forum to rant on. If someone ever needed drugs, it's you.