Tourist Visa Without Return Ticket?

Hello all,

I have bought a one-way ticket to Bangkok from Brussels and I would like to stay longer than 1 month. Because I'm not willing to cross the boarder, I will apply a tourist visa at the thai embassy. I would like to know if it will be a problem to get this tourist visa as the website says I require a fully paid return ticket to get a tourist visa.

Can someone tell me if my one way ticket will suffice. I don't understand how other people manage to get a visa if they continue to travel further over land?

Any advice is appreciated.

I assume you refer to the Thai embassy in Brussels?

=========================================================

as the website says I require a fully paid return ticket to get a tourist visa.

=========================================================

I think you gave the answer yourself.

The only way to stay longer than 1 month without going to the embassy or doing a border run, would be to overstay at 500 baht per day and the risk of getting caught.

Edited by sniffdog

It will be up to the Consulate involved - but most times they are not strict with that rule; but normally a tourist will have an onward ticket of some type they can show (even if not return). The MFA requirement is "Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)"; not a return ticket.

Interesting about the tourist visa and asking for a return ticket.

I got a tourist visa in Perth and when i did the check in the guy asked me for proof of a onward ticket from Bangkok.

When i showed him the tourist visa in the passport he said no worries and that i didn't need an onward ticket.