Amway In Thailand

Ian_B

An Amway team just visited my apartment. The wife let them in and I had to sit though all their demos just for politeness.

Now ther wife is getting on at me to buy all their kit. 37k for air purifier and 25k for drinking water system!!

I'm from UK and my only knowledge of Amway is from movies, where their products & the company are not exactly portrayed in a good light.

Has anybody have any experience with this company here in Thailand. If I were to buy something would I get bombarded with other offers & salesmen all the time

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks for the info - I had the feeling it was a scam of some sort - no doubt the agent gets a bundle and the buyer gets shafted. They kept offering this membership deal but I refused.

Prices are twice as much as everywhere else and seemed dubious in the build quality.

My girlfriend is addicted to their beauty products, someone in her office sells them. I told her the stuff is rated low-average and is overpriced but she's hooked. She knows that her friend can get tedious on the Amway soap box but still believes the message.

Amway or any kind of peddlers (especially those who are trying to sell you securities) don't deserve any courtesy in my book. Use them as practice for cussing (or just leave the phone on and put it down and let them listen to you watch tv, write email, or whatever) when they phone... otherwise they never get past the front gates in person.

:o

Never used the stuff, but my understanding is that the quality is okay, and some people swear by it. I don't think it is all that much a question of quality.

The deal is that it is defintely overpriced. That's what feeds the machine. Also, they don't have to market their product, stock product, and merchandise. So there are some cost savings as well, that feed it.

I was in Amway in Texas in the 1960's. Then as now, they promoted it as a typical pyramid scheme, not emphasizing actually going out and selling the products (they were too good for that). But they promoted it as a sales network that would expand by at least 50% or 100% every year. Later, when calculators got better, I realized that if their expansion predictions had come true, the world would now have about 24 billion Amway distributors, although world population is only 6 billion!