Which Car Is The Best?

snowflake

The best car for you is obviously the car, which fulfills all your needs and is within your budget. Of course, we all dream about the car we would buy if we had unlimited funds, but it's just dreaming. However, I like that. I always bought my car with my heart and never regretted it. Once I bought a car listening only to my reason and got so bored after a short time that I sold it again after 9 months.

If I would be able to buy whatever I wish and if Thailand would let me import this car, I guess I would buy an AUDI A6 Allroad with the V8 engine.

But having a somewhat limited budget and the major importers not importing all models, I looked around what is available now in Thailand.

Pick-up trucks and their modifications (Fortuner, Miu etc) are out of the question for me. They are unsafe an any speed. I have a family with 2 kids; a safe care is a must.

So my choice would be limited to cars like Honda Accord (new model), Toyota Camry, Nissan Teana. Personal taste and experience make me lean towards the new Honda Accord with the 3 liter V6 engine. I think it costs about 2.8 Million THB and features all the options and luxury gadgets you can imagine. Honda sure knows how to build engines and I like the racing commitment of the company.

All I need now is to convince my Missus that this car is absolutely necessary. :o

The best car for you is obviously the car, which fulfills all your needs and is within your budget. Of course, we all dream about the car we would buy if we had unlimited funds, but it's just dreaming. However, I like that. I always bought my car with my heart and never regretted it. Once I bought a car listening only to my reason and got so bored after a short time that I sold it again after 9 months.

If I would be able to buy whatever I wish and if Thailand would let me import this car, I guess I would buy an AUDI A6 Allroad with the V8 engine.

But having a somewhat limited budget and the major importers not importing all models, I looked around what is available now in Thailand.

Pick-up trucks and their modifications (Fortuner, Miu etc) are out of the question for me. They are unsafe an any speed. I have a family with 2 kids; a safe care is a must.

So my choice would be limited to cars like Honda Accord (new model), Toyota Camry, Nissan Teana. Personal taste and experience make me lean towards the new Honda Accord with the 3 liter V6 engine. I think it costs about 2.8 Million THB and features all the options and luxury gadgets you can imagine. Honda sure knows how to build engines and I like the racing commitment of the company.

All I need now is to convince my Missus that this car is absolutely necessary. :o

I agree with you the Honda 3.5litre is very nice. I purchased an almost new BMW 5 series 2.5 litre for the same price plus free servicing for the next 100,000kms. Although the engine of the BMW is not so powerful 200 against 280bhp the BMW is much fast because of the six speed auto, better brake and fare better suspension. I also still have the old 3 litre Honda Accord. Since new (3years ago), I have had nothing but trouble with the brakes. To date this still hasn't been resolved with the Honda dealer. I find the steering vague with very little feel with what going on up front. Just my personal view on my experience with both cars.

I have had my Toyota Wish for 4 years now, and for the last 2 years I have been wanting to get into something new. The only thing is that there is nothing else on the market that suits me and my family better than our Wish.

I guess I will just upgrade to a new Wish.

Yeah, but Vios is no match in terms of interior space. Two kids under 150cm tall can sleep comfortably in the back with wifey in the passenger seat. You don't get that luxury in Vios or even Camry.

But I thought he wanted a car not a house :o

Joking apart, his list is too vague.

I bought a 4 door truck at around 800k and the other options were Vios, Civic, Altis (perhaps over budget) or similar. As I needed to move some shit about we went for the truck. With hindsight, I would have bought the car and hored a truck as needed and then bought one if we really needed it. However, fairly happy with the truck (have permanent baby seat base secured in back same as we'd have in the car). I would like something like a Fortuner to do both jobs but don't have the budget at the moment.