Visa Stamp At Three Pagodas Pass?

Does anyone know if I can get a new visa to Thailand at Three Pagodas Pass on a day trip to Burma? Guide books give me different answers and when I tried to call immigration office in Bangkok they said it's not their responsibility. Anyone recently went there or knows where to get the accurate answer? Any info appreciated.

Does anyone know if I can get a new visa to Thailand at Three Pagodas Pass on a day trip to Burma? Guide books give me different answers and when I tried to call immigration office in Bangkok they said it's not their responsibility. Anyone recently went there or knows where to get the accurate answer? Any info appreciated.

never heard of it. is it in thailand? does anyone go there?

bob, it's in the Sangkhlaburi area of Kanchanaburi. Nice area and well worth a visit for a day or two. The 3 pagodas themselves are bit of a let down and look huge in some photos. So don't be surprised when you ask where they are and they're pointed out to you, that you may in fact be standing right next to them. :o

bob, it's in the Sangkhlaburi area of Kanchanaburi. Nice area and well worth a visit for a day or two. The 3 pagodas themselves are bit of a let down and look huge in some photos. So don't be surprised when you ask where they are and they're pointed out to you, that you may in fact be standing right next to them. :o

thank you for that info Gazz

Strange place,

You can go into the country with your car, no check or anything. Just fill out some form and pay the fee..... I wonder how far you would get if you went all the way to Rangoon ???

I don't think you would get very far. You will only have a day pass but I think you can visit a waterfall or something about 15 kms away.