Pattaya

DJ Pat

Even though two night ago I had my mobile stolen by a Katoy assisted by a man on a bike It happened around soi 10 area on the beach road whilst looking for another watering hole (stupid really as I was already pi**ed)

I still believe Pattay has a lower crime rate than Manchester or any other major city in the UK so yea. The truth? Are you worried? no I'm not but in future I will use taxis after 2am

Clearly the thais have more than enough laws on the books to do something about teen violence, but as is often the case they aren't ambitious enough to enforce them. Vigorously enforce the work/admission rules in the bars & kareokes would go a long way to getting the drunk minors off the streets. WAY BACK WHEN I was a kid the small community I lived in had a 10 pm curfew for those under 16. and they enforced it!

The weapons laws seem a joke in Thailand. In many parts of the world commission of a crime with a dangerous weapon in your possession guarantees prison time. Doesn't seem like that is enforced in Thailand. A couple years ago you were dead in the street if you were a drug dealer, but it apparently doesn't matter if you are armed?

Anyone recall the street fight between thais and the russians a week or two back? Chasing people about with two foot knives and then being released with a small fine? You figure they sharpened the weapons for them during their short stay at the police station? :D:D

I think Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular will sort out the crime and youth problems based on their societal and family strengths, no thanks to the politicians and law enforcement! :o:D

~WISteve

You only need compare 1 am in any decent European city to the average scenes of Carnage in the UK.

My cousin, who owns a pub in Scotland tells me it is much quieter, now there is no

fixed closing time.

You cannot compare Thailand to anywhere..........

The Thai's like to make their own mistakes, not learn from the experiences of others!