So Who Still Plays Football?

Jockstar

Got another game this Sunday against a team a division below us.(which doesnt mean anything as ther is no REAL grading system) I'm fit again to play, first game since busting my ribs. So hopfully it will be a good test. This is our last game before the season starts the weekend after Easter. Bring it on!

Well that was a waste of time. We turmed up the back of 12 for a 1pm kickoff. No other team showed. So we decided to play a seven aside between ourselves. It was fuc_king hot too. So we played and had a laugh etc etc. The other bloody team turn up for a 3pm kickoff. :o fuc_k off we cant/ wont play, due to playing for the last hour or so. So unfortunately there was no friendly. But bring on the new season. Starts the week after Easter.

Well that was a waste of time. We turmed up the back of 12 for a 1pm kickoff. No other team showed. So we decided to play a seven aside between ourselves. It was fuc_king hot too. So we played and had a laugh etc etc. The other bloody team turn up for a 3pm kickoff. :D fuc_k off we cant/ wont play, due to playing for the last hour or so. So unfortunately there was no friendly. But bring on the new season. Starts the week after Easter.

Sods law :o

Good luck with the new season mate :D .

• 2 weeks later...
Well that was a waste of time. We turmed up the back of 12 for a 1pm kickoff. No other team showed. So we decided to play a seven aside between ourselves. It was fuc_king hot too. So we played and had a laugh etc etc. The other bloody team turn up for a 3pm kickoff. :D fuc_k off we cant/ wont play, due to playing for the last hour or so. So unfortunately there was no friendly. But bring on the new season. Starts the week after Easter.

Sods law :o

Good luck with the new season mate :D .

Well first game of the season didnt go according to plan. Coogee 0 Queens Park 2. So unfortunatley a loss in our first game of the season. Probably a good thing. That way we dont get too cocky and gives those under performers a boot up the arse. 9am kick off next week. Wish us luck. :D

hahaha you are starting to sound like these guys over there....who I just told off and said you boys are better :o

where am I heading down to :D :D just show up at some place in sydney on some day of the week and shout out for the scotman??:D

5555. Mig, it would be cool to catch up with you sometime. Sorry i havent been to forthcomng. Really i have been busy. But we play at Heffron Park this weekend coming at 9am or you could meet us at the pub later. The Doncaster Anzac Parade.

Well what a fantastic result after our early kick off time. The lads finally gelling togther and playing like a team. We started the game with 13 players. At least the heat wasnt too bad. 1-1 at halftime. But i wouldn't have bet against us scoring a few in the second half. Great result after last week. Coogee 6 - Maccabi 1. Yours truelly getting a yellow for bringing down the jewish lad ouside the box who was just way quicker than me. :o:D

• 4 months later...

Just an update. Our league games are now finished. We were 2nd going into yesterdays game. The top 4 go into the playoffs. On paper we can still win the league. We could also be caught for a playoff spot as the top 5 are so close. All we had to do was draw or win. Even if we got beaten , Waverley had lose or draw and we would be be guaranteed a top 4 finish. Well i sent the wife to watch Waverley play and let me know the result. Anyway. They got beat. So we were in the playoffs no matter what. Nice one. But as i told the lads. We want to win and keep us in contention for the league. 4-2 we won and still unsure if we have won the league. Other teams have games on us. But no matter what. We are in the platoffs. Happy as a pig in shit. Come on Coogee!!