Finding The Magic Bean

bsided69

I do like baked beans on toast with grated cheese and black pepper, just as a make it at home meal. I only have a microwave and a toaster in my kitchen. Now Heinz baked beans are obviously the best! Very hard to get hold of though. They did have them in Ring sting once, but not anymore. I think McGarret beans are as close as you can get to the Heinz?

There are quite a few brands out there, but often they are too sweet or too big a bean. Any suggestions on a quality baked bean?

If you have not tried the McGarret bean? Then Bake n bite use them and have fantastic bread as well!

is it true that one farts a lot with the intake of baked beans? Is it different from Heinz to McGarrets?

I have just consumed a portion of beans in the last hour. I will keep you informed as to any movements in that area. I have a friend arriving at the weekend who will no doubt have a tin of the Heinz for me. I will compare the 2 and post the results here.

They have no more than five different Heinz tomatoes beans at Rimping, but I find as the previous poster Ayam to be very good and less than half the price :o What I really miss is toamtoe beans in curry sauce, haven't seen it outside SA though, Hyper Sandton (Josi) used to have a very large and great selection of beans.

They have no more than five different Heinz tomatoes beans at Rimping, but I find as the previous poster Ayam to be very good and less than half the price :o What I really miss is toamtoe beans in curry sauce, haven't seen it outside SA though, Hyper Sandton (Josi) used to have a very large and great selection of beans.

Last time I went back to the UK Heinz had a 'Thai' flavour baked beans out, wasn't bad but still prefer the original.

Last time I went back to the UK Heinz had a 'Thai' flavour baked beans out, wasn't bad but still prefer the original.

I can't help but wonder what a Thai tastes like - chicken, fish?

I make my own Boston style baked beans and then freeze them in packets for reheating. Easy and cheap to make - much better flavour than the commercial canned variety that are the equivalent difference between canned carrots and fresh cooked ie nothing like the real deal.

CB

[i can't help but wonder what a Thai tastes like - chicken, fish?

I make my own Boston style baked beans and then freeze them in packets for reheating. Easy and cheap to make - much better flavour than the commercial canned variety that are the equivalent difference between canned carrots and fresh cooked ie nothing like the real deal.

CB

A tad gristley I can't eat a whole one :o They contained some coriander and a couple of other spices for that authentic Thai baked bean flavour.

I don't know what Boston style baked beans taste, what's the difference between them and your regular baked bean?