New Super Net Promotion

Woofer

I have a brochure on a new supernet promotion for hispeed internet, which require no telephone line. It from a company called Super Hispeed Internet, I think it is related to True Vision. The rates look quite cheap. Does anybody have this service or know anything about it? I would appreciate some more information on it.

I have a brochure on a new supernet promotion for hispeed internet, which require no telephone line. It from a company called Super Hispeed Internet, I think it is related to True Vision. The rates look quite cheap. Does anybody have this service or know anything about it? I would appreciate some more information on it.

I've never heard of it. However, like you, I'd certainly be interested in more information. In particular, I'd want to hear from people who actually use it, before I'd consider it. I have no desire to be a "beta tester" for another potentially over-hyped service, that provides the same inconsistent stuff we get from my C.A.T. service, or the TT&T service, or IPSTAR, or any of the others here in Pattaya. While they all appear to vary in consistency, and average speed, they all fall far short of what we Americans and Euros grew used to in our home countries.

...<snipped>...Its still shared broadband though and they give a disclaimer that the speeds will depend on how many users there are at any one time. :o

Which likely means you receive the advertised speed in the early AM and late PM hours.

In other words, 10% of the time...but pay full price, none-the-less!

LukDod....a frustrated TT&T user!

Edited by LukDod

...<snipped>...Its still shared broadband though and they give a disclaimer that the speeds will depend on how many users there are at any one time. :o

Which likely means you receive the advertised speed in the early AM and late PM hours.

Yup. Same with all of them. Apparently, there simply isn't enough equipment at the highest levels in Thailand to provide the speeds and consistency provided in the real world.

Yup. Same with all of them. Apparently, there simply isn't enough equipment at the highest levels in Thailand to provide the speeds and consistency provided in the real world.

thats not correct at all

i live on the dark side and have maxnet premier at 1090 per month and mostly get near the speeds i pay for (1024/512)

the service is ultra reliable and i have no problems at anytime of day or night

i am currently listening to on line radio from USA, with 6 live web windows open and after a Thaivisa speedtest the speed is

var fo = new FlashObject("speedtest.swf?v=2.0.0", "speedtest", "600", "400", "7","#ffffff"); fo.write("flashcontent"); Last Result:

Download Speed: 821 kbps (102.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 393 kbps (49.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

don't tell everyone though, i don't want you boys slowing me down....

Its advertised on true,s website. Has an English version.

Its still shared broadband though and they give a disclaimer that the speeds will depend on how many users there are at any one time. :o

http://www.truecorp.co.th/eng/promotion/pr...uperhispeed.jsp

Warnings:1.This hi-speed Internet service is a shared speed service. The connection speed is subject to the number of users at a time.2.During the congestion period between 18:00 hr and 24:00 hr, downloads of massive files including international websites at the same time may interrupt the flow or reduce the speed of Internet connection.3.The connection speed refers to the speed of hardware device connecting to True network. It does not mean the speed of data download. Accordingly, the actual download speed may be slower than the maximum connection speed selected by the User at the time of applying for the service, especially downloading international websites, which results from several factors such as the User’s condition and distance of internal phone line, the condition of computer, the Internet connection speed and the Internet connection difficulties including server equipment and router of the visited website and a number of other factors.4.This hi-speed Internet service does not support Linux and Windows 2003 operating systems.5.User Guideline comes with the modem set or can be downloaded from www.trueinternet.co.th.6.Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi by True Move) offers the maximum connection speed of 4 Mbps. However, the speed may vary at a certain period or place of connection depending upon the number of users at the time.

Sorry, I am a bit dumb about these things. Just looked at the link kindly provided by Steviemiddie and was wondering if someone could tell me why the upload speed is pegged at 512kps even if you go for their top package of 5meg download speed?

Also I am currently with CAT paying 2,700 baht per month for the 2048/1024 package. Do you think there would be much difference using this lot's 2048/512 package, apart from it costing me 1,800 per month less?

Thanks.

thats not correct at all

i live on the dark side and have maxnet premier at 1090 per month and mostly get near the speeds i pay for (1024/512)

the service is ultra reliable and i have no problems at anytime of day or night

i am currently listening to on line radio from USA, with 6 live web windows open and after a Thaivisa speedtest the speed is

var fo = new FlashObject("speedtest.swf?v=2.0.0", "speedtest", "600", "400", "7","#ffffff"); fo.write("flashcontent"); Last Result:

Download Speed: 821 kbps (102.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 393 kbps (49.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

don't tell everyone though, i don't want you boys slowing me down....

same as me. i just upgraded. fantastic speeds im getting now