90 Days Report Question.

There is an email option for re-entry permits where you send it and pick up later at Suan Phlu. Do not believe the on-line service system it operational for 90 day reports at Pattaya but would be very happy to learn otherwise. But going in to pick up a receipt seems to defeat the purpose - that's all you have to do now.

• 2 weeks later...

This is mainly to reassure the OP rooster80 (and anyone else still uncertain about this issue).

Today I went to Pattaya Immigration to do my first 90 day report according to the date on the slip stapled into my passport when I got the retirement extension in mid-December.

I showed the uniformed officer on the Information Desk my passport and quickly explained that I had been back to England and had returned to Thailand on 17 January. Should I be reporting today, or 90 days after 17 January? He understood perfectly, and told me to come back 90 days after 17 January. He gave me a TM47 form for future use and off I went.

So I am happy to confirm that in Pattaya re-entering the Kingdom does indeed reset the 90 day reporting clock.

I'll be in The Philippines in April, and then go to the UK again a month later, so it seems that I won't need to get involved in making a 90 day report until the end of September as the clock will keep on getting reset.

I hope that helps you, rooster.