Prosobee

markwhite

Suddenly every major shop in my locale (Nakhon Si Thammarat) has sold out of Prosobee, being the only formula that our 6 month-old seems okay with (so far). Does anyone know if this has been discontinued in Thailand or had any similar experience with none in stock anywhere else?

And in case it has been pulled, does anyone have a recommendation for a non-cow milk based formula that they've used with a baby that has been okay with Prosobee, as I might have to find a replacement...

Others so far:

Dumex: gas and upset stomach

Enfalac: instant rash and upset stomach

Isomil: constipation

O-lac: constipation

Cheers,

Mark...

We've used Dumex since birth and for a week or two there seemed to be a shortage when (I found out later) they changed the packaging (and raised the price considerably !). I normally keep about a month's supply (just me I think, planning for war !).

Funny thing is that there is a current shortage here in Pattaya of Mami Poko wet wipes. About 2 weeks now and I'm down to about 2 weeks supply !

Now to your specific enquiry.

Their head company is Mead Johnson and their US contact details are [email protected] and https://www.meadjohnson.com/app/iwp/B2CLoad...yes&csred=1

Here's another link https://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/B2CLoadContactFormInfo.do

I'd email them all as there is no Thai website I could find. Look at your packets and see where they were manufactured and go from there as well.

Hopefully it will just be a supply issue.

Try Wyeth S-26 gold,same as SMA in the UK.

My Daughter has a dodgy stomache and she is fine on this :o

S-26 is a cow's milk based formula so is not a substitute for Prosobee (soy formula). If OP's baby cannot tolerate cow's milk protein then need to continue with a soy-based formula. Usually Isomil or Nursoy are well-tolerated. However, Prosobee is also lactose free which makes it different to other soy formulas and is normally prescribed for babies who have problems with cow's milk protein and lactose digestion. Suggest OP discusses with baby's paediatrician who can recommend a suitable alternative if Prosobee cannot be obtained. If baby has a cow's milk protein and lactose intolerance then you need to continue with a special formula ( not sure which ones are readily available here in Thailand.)

May also be worthwhile contacting Mead Johnson as they may be able to send a supply to you.

Thanks for the responses.

I've now found a local raan kai yah that will order from MeadJohnson for us, and a small local supermarket that has about 12 tins on the shelf that should see us through. We also chanced across an adviser from MeadJohson in Tesco yesterday who gave us some advice on alternative formula to try (Enfalac HA I think) though I accept the absence of impartiality of the advice :-)

So we've got a couple of things to try now.