House And Company Scam

my company has owned my house for the last 5 years. then it was pointed out to me that on my deeds ( shanuk ) i only have land there, although i have the blue house book, when you hand your fees over normaly 50/50 with with the builder and give the money over to the estate agent the fees for the deeds etc well it turned out the estate agent didnt register the house on the land and guess what bingo the estate agent is 60000 to 70000 better off has they have not paid the taxes due, i have a will leaving my property to my daughters. but if i dont register and pay for house being on the land they will be left with the bill so beware and check out your deeds as there are some dishonest agents out there

Sorry about your problems, most likely a Farang agent too.

I couldn't be dealing with all the crap about companies owning land and getting lawyers and paying tax and all that, so my house is in my partners name, I can afford it and she deserves it all for putting up with me for all these years should I walk away, ( Drive away ) my car is in my name! :o

It's a great house, but is it my whole life? No

Can I afford to walk away and not feel suicidal or bitter and twisted and hate all Thai people forever ? Yes

Did I lose a house in my home country before ? Yes

Would I rather rent than buy ? No

Edited by Maigo6

I couldn't be dealing with all the crap about companies owning land and getting lawyers and paying tax and all that, so my house is in my partners name, I can afford it and she deserves it all for putting up with me for all these years should I walk away, ( Drive away ) my car is in my name! :o

Can I afford to walk away and not feel suicidal or bitter and twisted and hate all Thai people forever ? Yes

yes the agent was farang but thats not relevent, im just trying to stop it happening to someone else thats all, thanks for your views and im happy u have a deserving wife

yes the agent was farang but thats not relevent, im just trying to stop it happening to someone else thats all, thanks for your views and im happy u have a deserving wife

I would say that the fact that you where swindled by a farang is very relevant to this story!

cheers

onzestan

I would say that the fact that you where swindled by a farang is very relevant to this story!

cheers

onzestan

i must b stupid then? whys that then dont thais cheat ? u learn something new every day, i was unaware that all thais r honest law abiding citizens

i must b stupid then? whys that then dont thais cheat ? u learn something new every day, i was unaware that all thais r honest law abiding citizens

You sure let your guard down when dealing with a Farang agent.

That's why they are so successful at ripping people off, cos you trust your own too much.

I'd rather deal with a Thai than a Farang any day of the week.

im only trying 2 help it not happening 2 someone else and i get a 3rd degree interogation. what is it here with u lot

Maybe we're battle scarred veterans of Thailand and have heard it all before, and are still amazed that one would actually trust a Farang agent over a Thai agent.

You sure let your guard down when dealing with a Farang agent.

That's why they are so successful at ripping people off, cos you trust your own too much.

I'd rather deal with a Thai than a Farang any day of the week.

maybe he just forgot!!!! :D should contact him and find out or possibly could start a civil case against company......yes i know thats a pain and cost money but worth the threat first,maybe he will pay up :o:D

The builder is responsible for paying 3% of the construction cost of the house. If for some reason he does not pay then you will have to. If not paid at the end of the first financial year it will be rolled over and a cumulitive fine is payable

The house is an asset that the company owns and will be shown only in the accounts.

Your company accounts should show a book value for the land and a seperate book value for the house.

No where on a chanut is a house shown to my knowledge.

Edited by Rimmer

The builder is responsible for paying 3% of the construction cost of the house. If for some reason he does not pay then you will have to. If not paid at the end of the first financial year it will be rolled over and a cumulitive fine is payable

The house is an asset that the company owns and will be shown only in the accounts.

Your company accounts should show a book value for the land and a seperate book value for the house.

No where on a chanut is a house shown to my knowledge.

at last a sensible reply instead of all the doom and gloom experts arguing about the farang agent and a thai wouldnt do this 2 u haha :o thank u sir

im only trying 2 help it not happening 2 someone else and i get a 3rd degree interogation. what is it here with u lot

Maybe we're battle scarred veterans of Thailand and have heard it all before, and are still amazed that one would actually trust a Farang agent over a Thai agent.

Why would anyone trust ANY real estate agent? :o

• 1 month later...
i must b stupid then?

You trusted a Farang agent to do the right thing, and the outcome was ?

What do you think ? :o

hey smarty pants i hate 2 disappoint u but it turned out 2 b the farangs builders thai wife was at it, so bang gos ur silly theory that only farangs cheat

cheers

onzestan

Really, I thought swindeling the Farang was a protected occupation?

[quote name='siampaulibuyasia' date='2008-04-02 20:23:00' post='1905528'

hey smarty pants i hate 2 disappoint u but it turned out 2 b the farangs builders thai wife was at it, so bang gos ur silly theory that only farangs cheat

Argh! The SMS generation. :o

You have saved yourself the effort of typing a grand total of 6 letters in the above post. At the cost of appearing semi-literate.

I am with you fully on this one Maigo6 & Gary- I definitely trust my partner more than any real estate agent! I think more so if they are Farang as they are even more motivated to slam you into any deal that has $$$$$$ signs attached to the transaction.