Set Stock Trade - Thai British Security Printing

Maybe apart from MAKRO, they all illikvid. VERY illikvid stocks. do you see any stability in this? :o

There is a good amount of likvid shares with good dividend out there is that is what u looking...like ADVANC, KTB, DELTA...long list.

But if you looking for more stability and real nice dividends, there are couple of property funds, with good dividend, like SPF, CPNRF....they also trade on SET, have a yield of approx. 8-9%, quoterly pay, and decent stability for this .

MARKO should not be too difficult to trade in smallish quantities.

This morning 60,500 shares have traded and the current spread is 28,100@99 to 7,[email protected] (ie you can sell up to 28,100 at 99 baht or buy up to 7,500 at 99.5 baht)

FE and TBSP are both extremely illiquid neither has traded this morning and the spreads are 1000@81 to 10,000@88 and [email protected] to 1400@88 respectively.

MARKO should not be too difficult to trade in smallish quantities.

This morning 60,500 shares have traded and the current spread is 28,100@99 to 7,[email protected] (ie you can sell up to 28,100 at 99 baht or buy up to 7,500 at 99.5 baht)

FE and TBSP are both extremely illiquid neither has traded this morning and the spreads are 1000@81 to 10,000@88 and [email protected] to 1400@88 respectively.

So i noticed... but why are they so illiquid?

SET has a good number of illikvid stocks that shouldnt be there.

One reason can be that the free floating amount is low.

TBPS for example: has ALL TOGETHER 541 shareholders....from this the 509 minor holder has a combined 29%.

not so many interested people to trade this shares.

FE even worse in this matter. Total 326 shareholders, the minors 262, holding 25%. Again, there in nobody to do much trade.

In the other hand, like I mentioned above, big companies like ADVANC (AIS mobile) with similar 5%+ dividend has 4408 shareholders for the 30% freefloat....so, gives you more chance to trade, also way better spread.

KTB minor holders are 30700!, holdong 37%...also pays nearly 5% dividend.

and so on...

Of course, it is all up to you. I like to know that I can sell at a fair price if I need the money elsewhere.

Edited by tingtong

SET has a good number of illikvid stocks that shouldnt be there.

One reason can be that the free floating amount is low.

TBPS for example: has ALL TOGETHER 541 shareholders....from this the 509 minor holder has a combined 29%.

not so many interested people to trade this shares.

FE even worse in this matter. Total 326 shareholders, the minors 262, holding 25%. Again, there in nobody to do much trade.

In the other hand, like I mentioned above, big companies like ADVANC (AIS mobile) with similar 5%+ dividend has 4408 shareholders for the 30% freefloat....so, gives you more chance to trade, also way better spread.

KTB minor holders are 30700!, holdong 37%...also pays nearly 5% dividend.

and so on...

Of course, it is all up to you. I like to know that I can sell at a fair price if I need the money elsewhere.

Thanks for the insight.

Do the companies intentionally/ encourage to keep the floats so low? Is it kind of "keep it in the family" syndrome?

I'd agree your normal liquid stocks plus dividends are far more flexible....

I think wih small companies it is the " keep it in family" syndrome. Guess they need money to grow, but can't give up the controll.

In a big company, which is well establised free float might be low because big funds are holding the majority, and they care more the long term outlook than trading.

I dont own now any of the stocks I mentioned to you. My intention was to show examples with them, not to push them :o