Joint Bank Account In Thailand With Future Wife

It probably has been discussed before,but seen as though I will be in Thailand in April,

I will be in Korat in April and I want to open up a joint bank account with fiance,reason being that in the future I wish to apply for either a loan for car or house/land.I want to plan for the future as I want to semi retire in 6 years time and during this time I wish to borrow from bank and own house/car in Korat with future wife before I retire.I live in Australia and want to make payments from here.

Thanks

:o

Your 'future' wife would have a hard time getting a loan unless she

has a comprehensive employment record, a full time job with a reasonable salary

and perhaps some tangible assets.

You are very unlikely to get a loan in your own name.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Naka.

I just dont see that as a fact..

My mates (ex)missus, never had a real tax paying job, always worked for her family, rented bikes, done various hustles, no employment at all.

She put her bikes on credit, soon after they pushed credit cards on her, soon after her brother bought a car he cant afford on credit (its since been repossessed) and now they are offering her a mortgage !! This is a woman who has no assets, no job, and is basically in terrible financial shape.. And they are actively trying to market credit products to her.

Perhaps thats simply because the credit people see her as a mia farang with a 50 inch plasma TV in a nice big house ?? But she has less than nothing being badly in debt and is now the ex mia farang who cant relearn to live on less than 50k a month outgoings.

There is a major difference with the financing of a purchase and a loan of money.

Many behind the sale of a product or a house enter into an agreement with a bank that in effect guarantees the loan and if there is a default, the seller ends up wth the property or product, not the bank.

The seller usually has no problem selling the product as second hand merchandise and even making a profit on the re-sale, assuming he got a large enough deposit on the purchase.

A thai I knowwho lives with a falang and doesn't work obtained a new Toyota Commuter van, a new Toyota Fortuner SUV and a loan on a paid for Toyota Soluna

within a couple of months last year, however, the deposits were in the 50% area.

Naka.

Sorry but whilst playing the system in say the UK is harder, it is possible. I have put a monkey on the electoral roll, opened accounts in its name etc. just to prove a point to the authorities. Even opened accounts when the person didn't even exist.

I could tell you how simple it is here but I'd probably be violating some unknown TV law.

I know nothing about getting shit in westerner's names but in Thais, it is a doddle.

Its not rocket science. If you have the intelligence to make it to this forum, you are far above the necessary to do it in LOS.