Tourist Visa Question

Hi, within the last 6 months I have used up all my 90 days tourist visa days, I am currently obtaining a 2 month tourist visa from Malaysia with the option of a months extension, my question is....if I were to leave within the 2 months of the visa and return within the third would I be stamped in on a normal 30 day tourist, I have been told that by obtaining a 2 month tourist visa then after that I'm allowed 90 days again within 6 months - is that true, also can I extend the 2 month visa before it finishes, if I were to leave within the 2nd month would I be able to get the third month added on before I leave?

Thanks

Jimmy

Your visa was used when you arrived. It can not be used again. Any exit/return will either require a new visa or a re-entry permit prior to leaving.

You can and should extend a week or so before the 60 day period is up - the extension will start at the end of that 60 day period.

Visa does not reset anything - it is still 90 days in a six month period and three consecutive visa exempt and one visa entry/extension will normally be a few days short of six months. So you either remain outside Thailand for a bit or obtain another visa for entry.

Thanks. Can you answer this please, I have a 60 day tourist from now, can I extend it before the visa finishes i.e after 40 days, if I left Thiland mid April and wanted to return in May can I extend it before I leave and return on the same visa in May?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This 60 day tourist visa that I have is single entry, is there ANY way I can pay or gain permission to be able to leave the Kingdom and come back after a couple of days using the same visa??

Thanks

As Lopburi said, get a Re Entry permit from Immigration. Costs 1,000 Baht.

Can also get it at Bangkok Airport after checking in for your flight.

Personally I would not like to leave it that late.

This 60 day tourist visa that I have is single entry, is there ANY way I can pay or gain permission to be able to leave the Kingdom and come back after a couple of days using the same visa??

Thanks

As Lopburi said, get a Re Entry permit from Immigration. Costs 1,000 Baht.

Can also get it at Bangkok Airport after checking in for your flight.

Personally I would not like to leave it that late.

This is for a single re-entry. If you want to make multiple re-entries, you can get a multi-re-entry permit for about twice as much.