Apartment Needed In Chiang Mai

Krupnik

Hiya

I've been living here in Guest Houses etc for the last couple of months and I start my job on Saturday and I need to find a proper place to live.

Anyone know how I try to find a studio type apartment for one person some where in central Chiang Mai?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Already looked in the local paper but nothing really suitable. Where else can I look? Everyone keeps saying to me to look for a "condo" and just go in and ask - but I don't seem to know what one looks like as I've been everywhere that people have suggested and not found any.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much...

A foot or moto search is yer best bet, esp if yer looking for a place with character or not too big, etc. Otherwise goto one of the Farang Ghettos like Huay Kaew Residence just past Kad Suan Kaew. Or keep going back into any of those sois off Huay Kaew, plenty of big apt bildgs back there. Also there Veerachai Court on Thapae Soi 2 that houses a couple hundred ppl I suspect. Then there's the more hotel feeling Buawarong Residnece or something like that on Chang Klan south of the Night Bazaar and diaganol from the Lanna Palaca or Royal Lanna - I forget what the name is. Good luck. You're not so new here now, you can do it!

A foot or moto search is yer best bet, esp if yer looking for a place with character or not too big, etc. Otherwise goto one of the Farang Ghettos like Huay Kaew Residence just past Kad Suan Kaew. Or keep going back into any of those sois off Huay Kaew, plenty of big apt bildgs back there. Also there Veerachai Court on Thapae Soi 2 that houses a couple hundred ppl I suspect. Then there's the more hotel feeling Buawarong Residnece or something like that on Chang Klan south of the Night Bazaar and diaganol from the Lanna Palaca or Royal Lanna - I forget what the name is. Good luck. You're not so new here now, you can do it!

Thank you. I'm going to try these. I attempted a foot search today but had no luck. I am going to try your suggestions thank you so much.

Any more very welcome.

Cheers

Hiya

I've been living here in Guest Houses etc for the last couple of months and I start my job on Saturday and I need to find a proper place to live.

Anyone know how I try to find a studio type apartment for one person some where in central Chiang Mai?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Already looked in the local paper but nothing really suitable. Where else can I look? Everyone keeps saying to me to look for a "condo" and just go in and ask - but I don't seem to know what one looks like as I've been everywhere that people have suggested and not found any.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much...

Just got back from Chiang Mai.

I stayed in Frangipani Serviced Apartments. Long and short term serviced apartments. Excellent location, great owner, lovely rooms

www.chiangmaifrangipani.com :o

Hiya

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much...

Just got back from Chiang Mai.

I stayed in Frangipani Serviced Apartments. Long and short term serviced apartments. Excellent location, great owner, lovely rooms

www.chiangmaifrangipani.com :o

Thank you, although they are just slightly out of my price range! Thanks anyway. I'm heading down to Veerachai in a minute as they are quite reasonable. Any other suggestions very welcome!

Hiya

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much...

hi im moving out of my condo on monday of next week, its pretty big and has access to a swimming pool. near town and a good monthly rate. send me a private message and i'll give you further info and also the landlords number.

cheers

thaimiller

Hiya

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much...

hi im moving out of my condo on monday of next week, its pretty big and has access to a swimming pool. near town and a good monthly rate. send me a private message and i'll give you further info and also the landlords number.

cheers

thaimiller

Thanks I have PM'd you!!!

A sticky on this subject would be a great idea since it seems to come up every week or so. It seems that some members want to keep this information a well guarded secret or something. I don't know why. There are enough places to stay for everyone.

For those on a tight budget, there are many rooms for rent in the 1,200 (not recommended!) to 7,500 per month range in the area north of Huay Kaew Road between [accross from] Kad Suan Kaew and Chiang Mai - Lamphang Superhighway. If you look up and down the sois you will find many cheap rooms for rent. English is not spoken at many of the places, so bring your Thai girlfriend with you. Also many do not have A/C.

If somebody has any information on mid-priced housing (5-10,000 Baht per month) other than Veerachai Court and Huay Kaew Residence, that would be very helpful.