Can I Use The Thai Check-in?

Crossy

OK, just noticed that my ticket Bangalore => Bangkok is booked with Air India (flight is a code share and operated by Thai) due to efficient cost-saving by the Indian office that handles my travel on this project (I specified travel on a Star Alliance airline ie Thai).

When I flew out of Swampy I just racked up to the Thai counter with my ROP card and got checked in no problem, got my priority baggage tags and extra weight too. Nothing was said, in fact I didn't realise that my tickets were Air India until investigating why I didn't get the miles credited.

I'm returning to BKK next week, the Air India counters are always chaos, reckon I'll get away with trying the same from this end?? or do I have to mix with the masses :o

This is Cattle Class by the way (more cost saving) :D

I'm returning to BKK next week, the Air India counters are always chaos, reckon I'll get away with trying the same from this end?? or do I have to mix with the masses :o

Not sure. I just flew from Bombay to Bangkok with THAI (also an Air India codeshare). I checked in at the THAI counter, didn't notice that there was separate Air India check-in, but the TG check-in staff was actually all Air India staff anyway.

PS - Air India is supposedly joining Star Alliance soon.

I have travelled BKK > BLR on the Air India Tickets

In Bangkok I used the Air India check in and was called to the FRONT of the Q

by the Supervisor !!!

In Bangalore the masses will be at the Thai Airlines counter.

You might be Lucky if there IS a separate Air India check in desk.

On one occasion there was another Air India earlier flight

and their desk was servicing only that flight.

I joined the Thai Airways Q - but eventually the Air India

desk changed their sign to my flight and I was able to move there.

Was your Ticket purchased in Bangalore?

Can you tell me the Cost there please?

Last two times I flew this route

Nok Air was operating very cheap fares on this route

So cheap the second time I flew Business Class.

But they have stopped and say they have no plans to re-start

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
So what happened?

What was your Experience?

Absoluteley zero problems apart from the usual mele of passengers milling in all directions and abandoned trolleys blocking access to the escalators. The Air India desks were not handling this flight, all check-in being done by the Thai desks. I appear to have got my 10kg extra allowance (ROP Silver) but no "priority" tags.

On your previous query, tickets were purchased in Delhi and couriered to me in BKK, unfortunately I don't know the actual cost as it was all handled by our very capable transport co-ordinator. I did note that I actually got two seperate tickets, one for each leg, possibly due to the trip originating in BKK.

Should be fun next time as the new BLR airport will be open, estimates of between 2 and 3 hours to get there from central BLR (someone forgot to build a road), we are in the Prestige Acropolis on the south side of the city, god knows how long from there :o

Edited by Crossy