Anyone Find Cheaper?

bucatini70

:o

When you absolutely have to be there overnight! I job interviews scheduled for 10/13/04. I have been shopping tickets from the Jackonsville, Florida airport and found tickets for the time of 10/10/04 thru 10/16/04 on delta/KA/JAL/ThaiA combinations in the price range of 931$ to 987$ does anyone know if i can do better?? my fingers are getting wore out!

Using an agency is better. They get the best deals

I got a return from LAX - BKK last minute open ticket for less than 700

when online they were asking 900 plus no open end.

Try to find an agency in your area that specializes in asian travel.

I followed all the advice thanks i managed to know a few bucks off but it was still just over 920, i found the best fare on yahoo travel it was just a bit cheaper. All the fares from this part of the usa seem to locked up at the 900 - 1000 range. I tried to buy another trips tickets any time within the next 8 months and there was absolutely no movement. thanks though

IamMaiC,

May I ask what agency did you use? And where did you depart from?

Central Florida travel and i departed from New york I picked up my uncle in new york he wanted to go back to thailand, if it wasn't for this i would have left from florida I had to fly from florida to new york then we flew to chicago got on japan airlines to tokyo and then to bangkok :o

I followed all the advice thanks i managed to know a few bucks off but it was still just over 920, i found the best fare on yahoo travel it was just a bit cheaper. All the fares from this part of the usa seem to locked up at the 900 - 1000 range. I tried to buy another trips tickets any time within the next 8 months and there was absolutely no movement. thanks though

The best price is normally available from those who advertise in Sunday Travel Sections of major newspapers. Not fancy on-line stuff but a phone call.

Depends..try expedia or peg a certain airline such as UAL and keep checking. Eva Air and China Air seem to have cut rate flights from Yankland. Travel agencies seem to be more than online, but I've given up on them unless I fly via my firm.

Expedia is okay, but the problem is that when you buy the ticket, they charge your credit card right then. Not really fair if you're not travelling for several months.

Travel agents, on the other hand, generally get 10 - 25 % up front with the balance due 30 days before you leave. As to whose prices are better, it really depends. As someone else mentioned, try to find an agent that specializes in Asian travel. They seem to have the best deals.

mandl

I have found the best prices on Orbitz.com and "travelocity", or Yahoo travel. But you have to keep trying cause price changes do occur as availability changes.

EVA air has some pretty good prices but their web site is a little hard to maneuver.

Bring up their site then click on "hot E-fares" and go from there. (evaair.com).

angeltravel.com in the Chicago area offers some pretty good bargains also, and bears checking out. Lots of good reports on them from posters on other boards.

China Air seems to offer the best fares for "right-away" tickets, found on orbitz or travelocity and yahoo. As stated previously, though, some of the best fares can be found in the travel section of the large metropolitan newspapers, but it takes a few phone calls, and lots of questions. Good luck, (chok dee).....ErnieK :o