Non Imm O Multiple Entry Australia

I am coming to the end of my tourist visa extension and plan to get a Non Imm O based upon the marriage to my thai wife.

I thought about looking into visiting Australia and applying at an Embassy in Perth or Melbourne for a Multiple Entry O.

Just wondered if anyone had been over there recently and applied for the multiple entry? Thanks in advance for any info that may help.

:o DSG

I am coming to the end of my tourist visa extension and plan to get a Non Imm O based upon the marriage to my thai wife.

I thought about looking into visiting Australia and applying at an Embassy in Perth or Melbourne for a Multiple Entry O.

Just wondered if anyone had been over there recently and applied for the multiple entry? Thanks in advance for any info that may help.

:o DSG

Of the states mentioned, Perth is your best bet.

The folk in Perth Consulate are very friendly.

Check opening times, they are open Tuesday and Thursday mornings if my memory serves me well. An application lodged on Tuesday is picked up on Thursday, and visa-versa. If you are in a big hurry ring them in advance and they will try to help. Please and thank you go a long way with these folk.

• 2 weeks later...
The ease or not of which you may get it in Australia, may depend on whether you are a Resident?

That is generally not so.

A visa is required to visit Australia and yes it is easier to obtain a non-o if you are a permanent resident of Australia or hold Australian cirizenship. You should have no problem applying for a 60 day tourist visa.

You will not have much change out of AUD1500 for transport and accomodation. You will also require a return ticket

Why not try Singapore from the perspective of economics.

Getting this visa in Perth is really easy (at least if you're Australian). I have been there twice to get the one year multi-O. The first time it took 2 days and last year they gave it back within the hour as she remembered me. Not too many Aussie gals married to Thai men I guess! Airfares to Perth are really cheap these days.

dr_P_P

You've obviously been around here a long time and I have not, but I do remember seeing posts in the past on non residents having a hard time getting visa's in Australia.

designersing should at least make a few phone calls before he parts out with money for air travel!

I've lived in Melbourne all of my life and get on well with the Consulate staff.

I could not get a Multi 0 last year to investigate retirement, but they happily gave me a 2 entry Non Imm 0!

Edited by fishhooks

dr_P_P

You've obviously been around here a long time and I have not, but I do remember seeing posts in the past on non residents having a hard time getting visa's in Australia.

designersing should at least make a few phone calls before he parts out with money for air travel!

I've lived in Melbourne all of my life and get on well with the Consulate staff.

I could not get a Multi 0 last year to investigate retirement, but they happily gave me a 2 entry Non Imm 0!

Quite correct fishhooks. Plus the fact that they will require a visa to enter Australia.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me, when applying for a multi entry non-Imm 'O' (based on Marriage to a Thai), do previous entries in your passport get looked at?

I've previously had a multi entry non-Imm 'O' (based on Marriage to a Thai) and have since had a couple of tourist visas and am wondering when I go for another non-imm the tourist visa's will have any effect?

Also do the local consulate's have a computer file for each applicant or is there record simply what they see on your passport.

Cheers all.