Community Shuns Farang Over Hiv Fear

mouse

Community shuns farang over HIV fear

CHAIYAPHUM: -- A community has warned residents and schoolgirls in this Northeastern province to shun a “dangerous, limping” German man who allegedly infected his former Thai wife and possibly other women in the province with HIV.

Tambon Nai Muang community issued the warning following a disclosure from Somrak (not her real name), 30, who alleged she contracted HIV from her former husband, a veteran of the German army.

Udom Saengnak, a community leader, sent a statement to all schools in the province, asking them to warn their students not to have sex with the man.

Udom said his community did not want the man living there.

He said he had learned from Somrak that the man liked to have unprotected sex with school girls, whom he allegedly paid between Bt2,000 and Bt3,000. He had allegedly slept with many girls – that was why a warning was issued.

Somrak said she had lived with the German man for five years and decided to separate from him because she could not tolerate his behaviour.

She alleged he would often go out at night to seek schoolgirls selling sexual services.

After the couple parted, Somrak said she discovered she was HIV positive. She is now very sick and being cared for by her community.

“I would like to warn all women and schoolgirls in Chaiyaphum to shun a tall, white Westerner who drives a green car and uses a walking stick,” she said.

“He is an army veteran and about 54 years old. Don’t accept money to sleep with him, otherwise you might get HIV/Aids,” she claimed.

Udom said he would lead a campaign to have the man deported from Thailand, adding that people in the community alleged they had seen the man beat Somrak regularly before the pair broke up.

Dr Sura Wiseksak, acting chief public health officer in Chaiyaphum, said the authorities could not take any action against the man, but might warn him against buying sex.

Chaiyaphum Muang district police chief Colonel Dusit Techarakpong said police were closely monitoring the man’s behaviour. But he said legal action could not be taken against him.

“The other party agreed to have sex with him, so he can’t be charged if the sex worker gets HIV from him,” Dusit said.

He noted that it had not yet been confirmed whether the man was indeed HIV positive.

“No one has dared to force him to undergo a HIV test,” the policeman said.

A 21yearold sex worker, who said she worked in a karaoke bar in Muang district, said she had unprotected sex with several Western patrons, because they insisted on not wearing a condom.

“I am scared by the news, but I can’t force big farang guys to wear a condom. I fear they won’t pay me,” she said.

--The Nation 2004-09-22

Enough to make you throw away your walking stick and paint the car purple.

Not to condone, convict, of judge anyone by a news release as such.. I think we all would agree there are usually at least two sides to every story.....

If the story were to be proven true, I wouldn't wish to the this guy and out walking at night.... there are many more ways to solve his wife beating and wife infection difficulty, then are fully legal.....

Then there is the other side,,,,,,, ###### hath no fury like a woman scorned..... especially if its a Thai woman who just may wish to get back at her ex... I'm sure we've all heard this type story...... possibly she stepped out on the husband, and found herself HIV pos. What better to kill 2 birds with one stone....

Not to condone, convict, of judge anyone by a news release as such.. I think we all would agree there are usually at least two sides to every story.....

The article came out of the Nation Newspaper and I hope that they did their homework before publishing. :o

I feel sorry for the lady with HIV, wherever she contracted it from. However, Khun Udom the 'community leader' should know better than to spread unsubstantiated rumour about the former husband. It could SO easily be a case of revenge by the former wife for any number of reasons.

If I were the German husband I'd immediately take an HIV test. If negative I'd pursue all means possible to clear my name and to get a public apology from Khun Udom. I might stop short of beating his brains out, but only just. TIT after all. If I found that I was HIV+ I'd leave the area fast and change my sexual behaviour.

Udom said he would lead a campaign to have the man deported from Thailand, adding that people in the community alleged they had seen the man beat Somrak regularly before the pair broke up.

Dr Sura Wiseksak, acting chief public health officer in Chaiyaphum, said the authorities could not take any action against the man, but might warn him against buying sex.

I would have thought that causing GBH, or similar, if he has infected anyone, would be a chargeable offence.

Having sex with under-age girls would be another. (Remember, if it's free, the legal limit is younger than if you pay for it - TIT :o )

>> white Westerner who drives a green car and uses a walking stick,” she said.

Is'nt that a good description of every farang in Thailand ? ;-)

You can't carry a green car in the supermarket...

It would be funny if it wern't related to people dying.

Mmmm agree with the consensus that there are 2 sides to any story.

If he has got AIDS and is spreading it by having unprotected sex with children, then deport him now and let him stand trial at home.

However, this is all hearsay on the part of a disgruntled ex-wife with little to loose and much to gain. The column states he has had no test. Is there proof he has slept with school children (or are we talking University student?) ?

There is just too much unknown and its just too dangerous to make a statement against a man on the say of a hurt party.

Much better to tell the school children (University sudents, perhaps) the dangers of selling themselves (TO ANY MAN) and of unprotected sex. Tell them there is a predator in the area that is infected, but don't say who - it makes sense to keep them away from the whole activity with a scare story, makes no sence just getting them to avoid one individual.

Locate him..

Compulsory testing for HIV..

If found posative and if there is real evidence of him looking for unprotected sex with anyone give him a fair trial and then hang him !!!

Lethal injection or shooting can be an option... Either way IF the above is true he needs to be made accountable for his actions.

What exactly has the guy done wrong? He paid for sex. Lot's of us do that. Before you say a word understand this is not Pommieland. There is no such law as GBH. They don't understand the concept of "Intent". Unless the fellow has broken some law maybe we have no right to shoot him. If manslaughter, Grevious Wounding , Atttempted Murder laws are not on the books - encourage the Thai's to enact such laws. Remember the cop who was charged with discharging his firearm because a bullet landed in the buttock of a "pillion" (whatever that means) rider? Later the cop was acquited but they had no law against illegally discharging a firearm within the city limits. Basically all he could be charged with was attempted murder. US lawyers would have a field day with that.

The crystal ball says ......

This looks like a "toes in the water" fabricated story to see how the expat community responds - if he gets condemned by farangs, then adding an HIV clearance certificate to the documents required for non-imm visas, or work permits, could be the next hot topic to protest about on the forums.

Be careful with your reactions folks.

What does the somtam lady think?

I remember a news story of a girl who knowingly had unprotected sex while having hiv.. she was successfully prosecuted for attempted murder, as she knew she had HIV, and she knew the implications of unprotected sex... (game over)

I am most dissapointed with the racist reactions of both falung and Thai, ( I just had a 2hr argument with mine over this) I believe the Thai press is obviously Biased and sensational, hey whatever sells papers, after all it is a business isn't it?

I am concerned for the falung, if he is, and I tend to believe he is, the victum (54yo and 30yo, hmmm, sounds like a Bar girl romance to me...) He should have been tested and sought vindification!! If he is guilty, hang him.

The actions of the local authority should have ALL falung up in arms, this is nothing more than bash the white nigger!!! Thailand seems to be a race of hypocrytical falungophobes evedenced by this, and thousands of rescent stories. God I hope they are just stories...

I have been comming here for the last 20 years and have witnessed the decline (to almost abolishment) of obvious, genuine respect for the falung. No improvement in the level of English. However a much prouder, ignorant and arrogant citizen. It could be that I am older now, and see more, and far deeper, I think.

I do dream of "the global nation" and "brotherly love" and all that sanctimonious crap, but realise I'm not Thai and never will be... and to be honest I dont want to be, (that would take a full frontal labotomy and I dont like scars..)

Wasn't it also in the nation that "Coco the Gorilla" had the same IQ as an average Thai teen?? ( ever seen them picking things out of each others hair... er.. on discovery.. thats the gorillas I'm talking about.

At work we have a saying, " If there is any possible way it can ####up, some Thai #### will find it, and it will become the "word of GOD""

I love it here, the insanity, moronicy, and the sweet... sweet p###y

Let me get this straight, the guy is not in need of any medical care because his "HIV" hasn't progressed far enoguh, but the woman does? It seems like we know who had it first. :o

HIV is only HIV until it goes to full-blown AIDS - this can take differing lengths of time according to the individual involved I believe

I think this german should be heading home, now that he is in a impossible situation, either way, he is in danger.

If he tests hiv positive, at least he could seek proper treatment and councelling at home, and also minimise the risk of spreading it to others. If he continues living in Thailand, because of all the publicity whether its true or not, there is distinct possibility of facing mob justice, i.e. unwillingly committing suicide!!!

He said he had learned from Somrak that the man liked to have unprotected sex with school girls, whom he allegedly paid between Bt2,000 and Bt3,000.

Even if he is HIV positive and is knowingly infecting young girls, as a Buddhist, I should forgive this guy.

Sorry ... I'm not that good a Buddhist!

As a man and a father, I think he should be compelled to take an HIV test, and if found positive he should be given a lethal injection on the spot!

Hey 'ajarndave' I don't know how long you have been in Thailand for but maybe you should suss out the we aren't FALUNG's and also maybe you should run whatever crap you write through a spell checker before posting!!!

I would suggest that you do the same, after your last post :D

What, pray tell is a falung when it's at home? A new sex act? :o

Not really sure that your post has any bearing on a German with supposed Hiv :D

I have been comming here for the last 20 years and have witnessed the decline (to almost abolishment) of obvious, genuine respect for the falung.

but realise I'm not Thai and never will be... and to be honest I dont want to be, (that would take a full frontal labotomy and I dont like scars..)

At work we have a saying, " If there is any possible way it can ####up, some Thai #### will find it, and it will become the "word of GOD""

I love it here, the insanity, moronicy, and the sweet... sweet p###y

Perhaps it's because it's difficult to respect bigoted, sex tourists?