Help!

I was offered a marketing job in Phuket by a hotel chain. They want me to pick up a MULTI non-immigrant B visa . Details about this have been rather sketchy. At first they said this would be much easier if I went back to the UK. Then they said I could pick one up in Penang, Singapore, or Phnom Penh. I read on this website that it would be difficult to obtain this kind of visa in these places.

I have been working in Thailand for about 2 years as a teacher so I am familiar with the SINGLE non-immigrant B visa procedure. However, this MULTIPLE non B thing has got me confused! Is it possible to pick up these kind of visas in a local country? If not, why not? As I've got to fund this adventure myself I would rather not take an international flight just to be told mai dai!

Thanks for any help!!!

If employer will be issuing you a work permit, then the process is:

1 Use employment letter to get a 90 day, single-entry Class B visa in a neighboring country.

2. Using that visa, obtain a work permit.

3. Once you have work permit, go to Penang Consulate with work permit and company papers, and obtain a one-year multiple-entry Class B visa.

Without a work permit, I know of no nearby Thai diplomatic post that will routinely issue a one-year multiple-entry visa.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Thanks Indo-Siam!

So, without a work-permit, it is very unlikely that I will be given a multiple entry non immigrant b visa in any neighbouring country, including Singapore. But in a Western country, such as the UK, obtaining this visa would not be a problem...?

This is what I have heard but I don't know why the company would tell me otherwise. Are there any exceptions to these rules?

The reason you can not get a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business WITHOUT a work permit in SE Asia countries, is orders from Thailand not to issue them.

Nepal, Sri Lanka and Dubai seem to be the closest countries to travel from Thailand where they'll issue a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business even if you don't have a work permit.

Australia also will issue a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business without a work permit.

In Europe, the best places are Hull and Birmingham U.K.; Munich Germany; and Copenhagen Denmark.

In the USA, everywhere except Los Angeles.

www.sunbeltasia.com

I've been working here for just over two years, I first came for the first month on 30 day tourist visa, after that the company sent me to Singapore for a 90 day NON B (Company provided a lot of paper work). After that I was able to get work permit and one year multi entry visa without leaving the country, I only have to go to Siracha immigration office once a year now. I had a lot of help from my company to do this so I suggest you speak with the employer and see what they can do (paper work wise) to make sure everything is in order.

Sounds dodgy to me.

If they want you to get a Multi-entry visa it sounds as though they want you to work illegally, with out a Work Permit.

Or perhaps income will not be enough to support extension of stay?

I believe those with a work permit have recently obtained multi entry from Penang so perhaps when they said that as a place to get they intended you to get work permit first?

Sounds a bit dodgy... :S

On another note, You've been teaching here for 2 years - do you still have that work permit? You should have 7-10 days from cancelling one to get a new visa without having to go abroad... (I think I'm right on that, maybe someone can confirm for my purposes too!)

The reason you can not get a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business WITHOUT a work permit in SE Asia countries, is orders from Thailand not to issue them.

Nepal, Sri Lanka and Dubai seem to be the closest countries to travel from Thailand where they'll issue a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business even if you don't have a work permit.

Australia also will issue a one year Multi Entry Visa based on business without a work permit.

In Europe, the best places are Hull and Birmingham U.K.; Munich Germany; and Copenhagen Denmark.

In the USA, everywhere except Los Angeles.

www.sunbeltasia.com

The non-imm B requirements posted on the Hong Kong Thai consulate site do not make any mention of a work permit -- just letter from company, registration document. Or perhaps that gets you non-multiple only?

Has anyone recently gotten multiple non-imm B at Hong Kong recently, without showing a work permit?

Thanks, DWJ

Has anyone recently gotten multiple non-imm B at Hong Kong recently, without showing a work permit?
I have only heard of single entries unless you have the WP.
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that they offered me 40k.... but being from the UK and doing and doing a job that doesn't involve teaching or journalism, i should be getting 50k... right?

Europeans is 50K. Could also be because they don't have 4 Thais employed per WP or have paid up capital of 2 million Baht.

www.sunbeltasia.com