Night Safari Price

realthaideal

I've used the beloved search function and then Googled too, but the best I find is that Farangs still pay 500 B to get in. Is this so ? Anybody been recently ? If this is so, I think I will kindly turn down an invite (but to pay my own way) to visit there tonight with some Thai friends.

I went there the other day with my wife and baby. Farang price with local ID was 100 baht and my wifes was 50 baht. This is of course the price for walking as apposed to taking the trams everywhere. But if your with a little child they go too fast for the kids to get a good look anyway. The best time of the day to go is about 4 pm if you have very young kids. You can walk and check out the animals, my daughter got to pet one of the pygmy pony's as well. Then at about 7pm they have a water and light show that is projected on to jets of dancing water shot by moving water canons.... the system was and the show was designed by Spielberg's company and was very impressive the day I went. Loud but not too loud classical music plays and it soothed my 8 month old to watch and be comforted. Over all I was very impressed with the night safari. They have been spending a lot of money on this place and it shows.n It was a nice day...

Most of the animals there have already been eaten but a new herd of endangered Giraffe are on their way from Africa i was told.

It is still possible to order Kow Pow Crocodile, Tom Ka Wilderbeast and the World Wildlife all youi can eat buffet.

The Chief there told me that they ordered a large snake and it arrived in Bangkok yesterday. It will be in Chiangmai in a few days.

I went there the other day with my wife and baby. Farang price with local ID was 100 baht and my wifes was 50 baht. This is of course the price for walking as apposed to taking the trams everywhere. But if your with a little child they go too fast for the kids to get a good look anyway. The best time of the day to go is about 4 pm if you have very young kids. You can walk and check out the animals, my daughter got to pet one of the pygmy pony's as well. Then at about 7pm they have a water and light show that is projected on to jets of dancing water shot by moving water canons.... the system was and the show was designed by Spielberg's company and was very impressive the day I went. Loud but not too loud classical music plays and it soothed my 8 month old to watch and be comforted. Over all I was very impressed with the night safari. They have been spending a lot of money on this place and it shows.n It was a nice day...

I visted the NS last year and was also quite impressed with What they had done. I do remember paying 500baht though. It was about 2 to3 hours of entertainment so not bad really. The water light show was very impressive. If you have kids or have people visiting CM it would be a pleasent experience for them me thinks? Also for the next couple of weeks the Royal Flora show is open and its FREE to get in. Yes FREE ladies and Gents. 20 baht for a tram ticket to take you round the show. Jump on and off when ever you like. Not a full range of flowers, but well worth a visit if you have not been before. I went earliar this week and sadly there were only a handful of people there. Well, I say sadly, but i thought it was brilliant. Not a fan of the crowd.

So, you can spend a couple of hours at the flower show 3 hours at the night Safari all for 520 of your baht. Not that bad when you think about it? Untill You tried it you cant knock it. Or you could just go down the Irish and get 3 pints of Guinness?

As of two nights ago, the two tier pricing structure existed. Falang tourist friend payed 500 Baht and Thai companion payed mabe half that, although I am not sure what the exact Thai price.

He reported he enjoyed it very much, although the first guide was terrible and the second great. Trams, light show etc. Deer were wandering about but most animals in very natural confined settings and lighted up for the trams when they come by.

Deer were wandering about but most animals in very natural confined settings and lighted up for the trams when they come by.

Sounds utterly disgusting :o One kid petted a pony, pardon me while I have a quick gargle :D

Has anyone actually seen anything worthwhile there in the way of real wild animals, and not sedated ones for the camera?

Deer were wandering about but most animals in very natural confined settings and lighted up for the trams when they come by.

Sounds utterly disgusting :o One kid petted a pony, pardon me while I have a quick gargle :D

Has anyone actually seen anything worthwhile there in the way of real wild animals, and not sedated ones for the camera?

Many... but hey.. try it yourself... Like I said with a drivers license I only paid 100 baht for my entry... and my wife 50 baht. I would not go for myself ... but my daughter loved it.

Stubborn shit that I am,I will still never go where I have to pay more than the locals.One of my pet peeves that literally infuriates me.Yes I know there are differing opinions about it discussed on the thread about National Parks. I presently have an ad in the classifieds and may be appropriate to edit it to reflect doubling the prices for non-falang.Just another insane thought... happens to me all the time

Many... but hey.. try it yourself... Like I said with a drivers license I only paid 100 baht for my entry... and my wife 50 baht. I would not go for myself ... but my daughter loved it.

I think you missed my point entirely Swain, it's not the money as I have a free pass, although I will never use it. Its the whole distasteful concept, that played havoc with the local ecology just for starters. The disgraceful handling and care of the animals, but hey, I'm only stating what has been posted in many of the past threads on the Night Surfari do a forum search and see what the pundits have said.

I think you missed my point entirely Swain, it's not the money as I have a free pass, although I will never use it. Its the whole distasteful concept, that played havoc with the local ecology just for starters. The disgraceful handling and care of the animals, but hey, I'm only stating what has been posted in many of the past threads on the Night Surfari do a forum search and see what the pundits have said.

I didn't miss the point and understand your take on it... I live in Hang Dong and my village experienced repercussions in the form of flooding that (it has been discussed) was caused in part by the way they developed the area. Its there now... I went there before when they first opened and was not impressed. Went back and was impressed with the improvements and how clean and well maintained it is... they have discharged people that were running it and have replace them with someone that was working at the Chiang Mai Zoo. It seems they are on the way to making this a well run establishment. Tons of mistakes and the eating of exotic animals was a publicity nightmare... but .... its there now... its not going away... and its nice to see they are moving in the right direction.

i went a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised. it was very enjoyable. the best part was the stroll around the lake, which you can do at your leisure instead of just zipping by in the tram. if you go in the early evening it's only 100 baht for foreigners, half that for Thais.

Also - not many people know but the Royal Flora Ratchaphruek is still (not officially) open, next door to the Night Safari and is totally free. It's worth a visit later in the afternoon - lots to see despite being in a sort of limbo.

Go to the Royal Flora at 2 or 3 pm, then head over to the Night Safari at 5pm and you'll have a great day for only 100 baht. Bring a hat, of course, as the Royal Flora is very exposed.